• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

there is one in every neighbourhood...

DeletedUser

Lol :D
Now this can become an awesome thread!

(it just needs to be moved to the Soapbox Square (off-topic section))

- L

DeletedUser2029

come on, goat farms can be useful (for casual players).
what I find fascinating is "players" (this is the most insulting thing I'm willing to call them) who have hunters in LMA.
is there maybe a quest that asks you to do that?

DeletedUser276

actually there are quests that ask you to build a house. Doesnt specify age. or build a supply building... again no age. so people buy hunters or huts for cheap buys to finish the quest.

DeletedUser

actually there are quests that ask you to build a house. Doesnt specify age. or build a supply building... again no age. so people buy hunters or huts for cheap buys to finish the quest.

And if they have extra space anyways, why not keep that building around in case you get a quest to sell a building. :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser3157

I had 2 hunters for couple of days in CA. I had two 3x3 slots avalible for couple of days and nothing better to build there that would be worth itself over such a small time-frame. I also had a shoemaker in town for weeks during late LMA. Again 3x3 slot was avalible and supplies were the biggest issue for me. I was few weeks away from sailmaker research what I planned to place there, so I made calculations and shoemaker was much most 'profit during the lifespan minus cost plus selling profit', more than tannery or brewvery. I have also built chalets in my town for numerous occasions. They become worth the invest only after 5 collects, so they are very quickly worth the investment should you have some temporary room avalible for couple of days. And during my CA homes upgrade I built a temporary Public Bath what was there for about a week to fill the needed happiness until I got to replace it with CA culturals I wanted.

Regarding goat farms, for CA I don't really see how you'd end up with them, it's unlikely. But in HMA I could imagine a situation during the granary farms upgrade where they fill in some space for some time for players short of coins to complete the upgrade right away and they made some mistakes in town planning. Or if someone very slow and conservative planned to go straight from goat farms to granary farms.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6968

Sometimes you just cant get rid of a building who carries a lot of happy memories with it...:D

DeletedUser

It's just people that are barely active and focus only on the tech tree. It's actually pretty hard to keep up with replacing your buildings if you aren't very active. Found that out on some of my alt towns. Well that or it's a little kid or something...who really cares...

DeletedUser5026

Okay, since this is a rant thread (and will probably be moved to the Soapbox Square soon)...

Why do LMA and CA players still have public baths in their cities!! There I am, trying to polish higher age buildings to get higher age blueprints, and then I am confronted with this dilemma... Should I

a) polish the bath, cos that benefits the receipient more than say, a church, doctor, coiffeur, marketplace or exotic goods venor... (even though I'm looking hard for a EMA, HMA or CA blueprint)

b) disregard the happiness (literally) of the receipient, and polish those abovementioned buildings, and thereby increasing my chance of getting a blueprint for those ages?

I mean, I know that if I polish a bath, I would stand a chance of getting an IA blueprint, but I don't want Colosseum or Lighthouse of Alexandria... So I'm always crossing my fingers when I visit people, hoping that they either don't have baths, or are already polished. That way, I can polish something else without guilt...

TL;DR: Happiness buildings tend to give more happiness in the higher the age, public bath is an anomaly, giving an unusually high amount of happiness, forcing people to polish those, and giving just iron age blueprints...

p.s. that rant was in jest, it's not serious, please don't flame me... =P

DeletedUser

Sometimes you just cant get rid of a building who carries a lot of happy memories with it...:D

i know. i have a theatre in my town, common sense says, demolish it and build that trading company already...

BUT I LIKE IT! there are little people on the stage and i go and look at it and wonder what the play is about. and it gave me a terrific boost for the early game, and i bought it with my hard earnt pennies and... and... and...

it's staying there. okay? any questions?

tracey
on the stage, the next one out of town

DeletedUser3157

Okay, since this is a rant thread (and will probably be moved to the Soapbox Square soon)...

Why do LMA and CA players still have public baths in their cities!! There I am, trying to polish higher age buildings to get higher age blueprints, and then I am confronted with this dilemma... Should I

a) polish the bath, cos that benefits the receipient more than say, a church, doctor, coiffeur, marketplace or exotic goods venor... (even though I'm looking hard for a EMA, HMA or CA blueprint)

b) disregard the happiness (literally) of the receipient, and polish those abovementioned buildings, and thereby increasing my chance of getting a blueprint for those ages?

I mean, I know that if I polish a bath, I would stand a chance of getting an IA blueprint, but I don't want Colosseum or Lighthouse of Alexandria... So I'm always crossing my fingers when I visit people, hoping that they either don't have baths, or are already polished. That way, I can polish something else without guilt...

TL;DR: Happiness buildings tend to give more happiness in the higher the age, public bath is an anomaly, giving an unusually high amount of happiness, forcing people to polish those, and giving just iron age blueprints...

p.s. that rant was in jest, it's not serious, please don't flame me... =P

Lucky for me I have one GP from every age I want. So I do not need to worry about what I polish/motivate/plunder as long as it is not BA building(already have BA GP). I'm also doing them starting from lower age and moving up since it easyer to find lower age buildings now than it is in future.

DeletedUser7719

Why do LMA and CA players still have public baths in their cities!! There I am, trying to polish higher age buildings to get higher age blueprints, and then I am confronted with this dilemma
ahehem... if you're going to complain about this, then you should of asked me first!

DeletedUser

Awesome thread!! Yeah, and what about Late Middle Age players with lumber camps?? What the heck! Then, they have all this low-aged crud that they want to trade for Colonial Age goods. c'mon!! Get with it and forget about your sentimental attachments to lumber and dye and iron and limestone. Move On, PLEASE! These old goods are taking up valuable landscape that could be put to better use. Sheesh! This is a big annoyance for me. Okay, get 100 or 200 lumber, then, move on. Sell those nasty old goods buildings and build new ones. It is the way to grow and get points in this game. Keep upgrading, keep changing and keep moving! Do not 'saddle' your guild with a bunch of old stuff. /grumble...

DeletedUser5026

ahehem... if you're going to complain about this, then you should of asked me first!

Hehe, oops, I wasn't referring to you, but having checked, I realised you do still have a few sentimental buildings lying around, including the aforementioned public bath. I'm sure your citizens are pleased to have somewhere else to bathe, other than in their own (estate) houses. :p

DeletedUser

and what about Late Middle Age players with lumber camps??

1. helping newbies if you are fortunate enough to be in a nice guild, or want to help out lower point players in your neighbourhood rather than just farming their butt off, the 100/100 for 10 units is peanuts to a CA, but a brick wall if you are a newbie. helping newbies out of the Iron Age is good karma and secret admirers will send you chocolate and stuff maybe. plus if you power up newbies, you have a sure fire trading partner and another source of certain buffs and trades, we can all use a bit of that,
  2. great buildings probably escaped your notice, but if you hit on the bp's for the great lighthouse, statue of Zeus etc., you are going to be stuffed for the resources as they are all tier 1.
  3. if you are in a neighbourhood with other active guilds, they too are often buying for newbies and you can trade up tiers easily if you offer a fair deal. i offer X2 deals on say offer 100 wood for need 50 cloth, and get fills within the hour. put the cloth back on the market for 25 gold, rinse and repeat.
  4. the more deals on the market, the more activity there is and the easier resources are to trade for, make your markets active and players will use them

see - it does make sense

tracey
lumbering along

DeletedUser276

Me thinks people are forgetting about checking their posts after they post to see if they are swearing :P When you get a couple of *** in your posts that means you said a word we think isnt family friendly ;) careful as mods like to jump when they see them.

DeletedUser

yes, but some of us know about being family friendly and put our own asterisks in. we also know about jumping mods and put trampolines under them in the hope they will lighten up and remember to have some fun.

DeletedUser276

They dont know the difference between you putting them in or the system putting them in. So best not to put them in or edit them out if possible :P