• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: [Event screen bug] "Visit" freezes IE

DeletedUser

When I attempt to visit someone in my Events list at town hall, IE freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut it down. Irritating.
PS Available post prefixes are irrelevent, why bother?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Welcome to the forums, thanks for posting.

All bug reports must follow the bug report template. Please follow the link in my signature and edit your post.

The prefixes are to be used by Moderators and Managers only, not by regular users.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser2238

I have the same problem.

• World: Brisgard
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome Version 23.0.1271.64 m
  • Overview of the bug: Every time the Event History menu appears, and I try and visit others' cities to motivate/polish, it will not allow me to m/p and the Event History window will not close. I have to refresh the browser window.
  • Screenshots: Tried to do this. Not sure why it didn't work.
  • How often this occurs: Every time the Event History window appears, whether from reviewing my city's news, or when I log in to the game.
  • Urgency: Urgent
  • Preventative Actions I've logged out, logged in,
  • Summary: See above
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:Yes

DeletedUser

+1, World Greifental, Google Chrome Version Version 23.0.1271.64 m

This bug means I cannot use the event history window to polish/motivate back. So it's effectively a game ender for me if not fixed soon.

DeletedUser6080

I have the same problem. When will it be fixed? The bug started yesterday...and i am using firefox

DeletedUser7544

Hello rados,

Try to delete your browser's history, and the cookies. And I think use Google Chrome, It's the best for browser games.

Good luck,
- TyRioN -

DeletedUser

Hello rados,

Try to delete your browser's history, and the cookies. And I think use Google Chrome, It's the best for browser games.

Good luck,
- TyRioN -

This was reported with Google Chrome, it also occurs with IE and Firefox so it's a general bug.

DeletedUser

We are aware of the issue... and it has been passed on.

As a work-around, please don't visit people from the events screen; close it first, then use the guild/neighbourhood bar to start visiting :) That should work for now!

DeletedUser6925

Bug Event History

Hello :)

Since the last update, it is no longer possible to use The Event History to visit people who polish, motivate our buildings, no more than launch a revenge attack.

When one click on "visit" or "revenge", the window is blocked with the display in the background of the city to visit.

I don't know if the bug has already been reported, english is not my native language and I didn't find a similar statement.

Enclosed the screenshot:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have the same problem as well and i am using opera, please fix as it is majorly annoying and is a potential game ender for me as well.

DeletedUser7360

Event History BUG

I found a bug with the Event History:

When someone polished/motivated my building, it shows
in the Event History, then when I click the 'visit' button,
I go to the town, but the Event History is still showing.
I can't do anything, I can't close the Event History or
do anything to get back.

I can't take a picture since too many personal things are
on it, sorry.

Zakara

DeletedUser

Hey Zakara, welcome to the Forums. :)

For next time I'd advise you to use the little search function on the top right of the screen. This is a well known issue and has been reported before. ;)
I'll just merge this with the other thread.

- L

DeletedUser6925

Hey Zakara, welcome to the Forums. :)

For next time I'd advise you to use the little search function on the top right of the screen. This is a well known issue and has been reported before. ;)
I'll just merge this with the other thread.

- L

Hello Lodroth :)

A bug well known ... maybe ... but only since yesterday.;)

I searched, but with the keywords "Events, History," which terms are included in this section.
That's the reason why I have stated that English is not my native language and I need use google translator to express myself.

Il Should be more precise in securities on the terms used ... "visit Freezer" is not revelator for me.

Cordialy ;)
bonnie

DeletedUser9114

I have same problem, since day before yesterday as I remember, browser - Chrome.

DeletedUser7360

When is this gonna be fixed?
It's slow and irritating to polish buildings
back and search the people over and over
again.

DeletedUser

Bug fixes are done in bunches and as far as I'm aware, not individually whenever they come up.
So I'm sure hoping a fix for this will be included in the next quick-fix.

It's been passed on, so they're aware of it. All we can do is wait for the next bug-fix update. There's nothing that will make it go faster.

- L

DeletedUser5521

Same problem here, using last Firefox and last Chrome. Please fix this bug ASAP, it's really annoying :(

DeletedUser

Same problems here except I'm also getting the little 20 gold symbols staying up on my screen after each polish. Eventually my screen is so full of them that I have to stop and start again. It seems that polishing and motivating in general is just very broken at the moment! :)