• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Wrong numeric suffix for coins and supplies when they exceed 999M

When coins and/or supplies go over one billion, the suffix says G instead of B. Sounds like a bug to me, unless I was collecting gigabytes without knowing it!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.06.42 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 9.06.42 pm.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 26

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Have you even considered that it's done on puprose? In Europe and in some other world countries are different denominations as for money's sake. After one million in some countries is billion, then trillion etc. but in other after million is milliard, bilion, trilion etc. This way they made it unified for all of us. Kilo, Mega, Giga etc.

This way they made it unified for all of us. Kilo, Mega, Giga etc.
Yep. And thus M doesn't mean million but mega.
Strangely enough though, in the St. Patrick event they use B (billion), T (trillion) and Q (quadrillion).
Inconsistent, but clearly not a bug.

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
As mentioned above, G is the metric symbol for billion, which does not start with a B in all languages. This must be consistent across all games. The shortened form of values displayed in events are subject to translations, and therefore do not need to be the same.

DJ of BA

Master Corporal
I often wondered about this, but never bothered enough to question it, however, I do agree with the inconsistency, This is supposed to be an English language forum as are the world's, Events and anything else that transpires within the International server ( EN ) yet the inconsistencies exist by using symbols or codes for items not in common use by that Language, not that I care one way or the other, I am used to looking at the whole amount not the designation following an amount, but perhaps you do need to explain these symbols to the wider player base as its confusing, perhaps a wiki page with all the " accepted " designations and their meanings