• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge bowl 2023 feedback

Seems to be a lot of moaning about the diamond price increase of the ultimate coach.
All the other coaches are free with timers so no big deal as you can still play with more skill to select which one suits your game without P2W. :rolleyes:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
From the official announcement:
  • We have increased the buildings stats of the Pizzeria and the Bistro.
    • The Pizzeria will now provide 6 Forge Points instead of 3 Forge Points.
    • The Bistro will now provide 15 Goods instead 10 Goods.
    • On top of we have also added a new bonus to the Pizzeria and Bistro. Both buildings will now provide an 8% to 10% Defense boost for the attacking army, depending on your era.

The pizzeria is still listed as giving two fragments of store building as per the initial announcement. Since Friday, the pizzeria now only gives one fragment of store building. This does not appear in the new announcement.

This is misleading and is poor customer service from Innogames. There's my feedback.

This is the official announcement:

This was actually a bug not a nerf, and has been hotfixed :)

MooingCat

Private
I just learned that players who had reached and claimed the first pergola upgrade kit from grand prizes (80 yards) before the unannounced changes to the grand prizes / event pass also received the selection kit that is now in that spot.

It's extremely unfair to everyone else that those players get a free level in the event, meaning they don't have to spend diamonds or reach 1200 yards to get the main building fully leveled. This was something players had no control over, so I think the right thing to do would be to give all players the selection kit (as it's probably to late to remove the upgrade kits from those who got the new selection kit).

Emberguard

Legend
just learned that players who had reached and claimed the first pergola upgrade kit from grand prizes (80 yards) before the unannounced changes to the grand prizes / event pass also received the selection kit that is now in that spot.
It wasn't just the first milestone. It's all changed rewards upto the spot you advanced to.

If you have already claimed the changed rewards, before we applied the change. You will be automatically receiving the new rewards to your inventory.

Puablo

Corporal
Think FOE has now burnt its bridges - finally. I have in stock:
1 x pergola base
1 x pergola selection kit
4 x pergola upgrade kit
I can expect 1 x upgrade kit to finish the last task
I can hope to get 1 x selection to finish the quest (NOTE 1)
Total gained = 8
Total needed = 11
NOTE 1: Every time I have played the game I have used the "Double Point" collection. So this means I have no chance of finishing in the top 1% to get an extra selection. I have approx 1300 balls still to collect (on a good day 1100 needed to complete a touchdown), so to get 3 pieces of Pergola to complete, I need 6 passes of the field (approx 6500 balls).
I WILL NOT spend on this game. Anyone got a pergola without paying yet?

Emberguard

Legend
Anyone got a pergola without paying yet?
I've run the numbers and as long as I get the +1 Yard coach, then yes once I spend my currency. So far I haven't spent anything

You do need to be going exclusively for the Red Players whenever Red is available though, and you do need the Yard Coach if you don't want to be relying on luck or getting enough incident currency

Every time I have played the game I have used the "Double Point" collection

If you're actively playing every day and gathering all possible streams of Event Currency then the +1 Yard Coach is pretty much guaranteed to be worth 2 Upgrades

If you're using the League Coach then your best case scenario is merely matching what the Yard Coach would have provided.

10,870 expected Event Currency by end of Event (not counting incidents):

The following numbers are if you were to exclusively use all your currency on a single player, for the purpose of determining absolute best and worst case scenario's.

Best Case Scenario Red Player (+1 Yard Coach):
(10,870 / 41) x 5 = 1,325 yards achieved.

Best Case Scenario Red Player (No Coach):
(10,870 / 41) x 4 = 1,060 yards achieved.

Worst Red Player (+1 Yard Coach):
(10,870 / 49) x 5 = 1,105 yards achieved

Worst Red Player (No Coach):
(10,870 / 49) x 4 = 884 yards achieved

Absolute Worst Grey / Blue Player Outcome (+1 Yard Coach):
(10,870 / 78) x 7 = 973 yards achieved

Absolute Worst Grey / Blue Player Outcome (No Coach):
(10,870 / 78) x 6 = 834 yards achieved

Treds59

Private
This is the first event I have played where I know I have no chance of getting to the max level without spending diamonds. That along with the poor daily prizes ( not just my view ) has made this a very disappointing event. To add another level 1 in the grand prizes rather than a upgrade when the Majority of players will have got no where near getting to level 10 let alone 11 is also not a great idea.

To add another level 1 in the grand prizes rather than a upgrade ...
It's not a lvl 1 Pergola, it's a Pergola selection kit, and it becomes available after you have collected enough upgrades for a lvl 11 Pergola.
Nothing new with that. It's been like that with the main event buildings for a long time. Once you have collected enough upgrades for a fully upgraded building, you get a chance for a new lvl 1 building (a selection kit this time).

Treds59

Private
It's not a lvl 1 Pergola, it's a Pergola selection kit, and it becomes available after you have collected enough upgrades for a lvl 11 Pergola.
Nothing new with that. It's been like that with the main event buildings for a long time. Once you have collected enough upgrades for a fully upgraded building, you get a chance for a new lvl 1 building (a selection kit this time).
On the 800 mark in prizes in between the 2 upgrades is pergola lv 1 . This happens on all the events but normally it’s in the event list at A stage after most users has reach the max level. Where that is sitting now means there is no chance to get max level with spending lots of diamonds

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This is the first event I have played where I know I have no chance of getting to the max level without spending diamonds. That along with the poor daily prizes ( not just my view ) has made this a very disappointing event. To add another level 1 in the grand prizes rather than a upgrade when the Majority of players will have got no where near getting to level 10 let alone 11 is also not a great idea.
It is a bit of an oddity to have that Level 1 appearing at the 800 mark, and I initially just thought it was due to the PTP players who would have received a few more upgrades then the FTP players. But, everyone got the Selection Kit at 80 (so that nixes that idea). However, since the Level 1 is appearing in between 2 normal upgrades, 720 & 880, it is just replacing some minor prize anyways, and is most likely worth more on the AD then whatever else could have been used for that position.
As far as spending diamonds, yes, it does look like might have to spend some to get the final Event upgrade - but really, with all the ways of obtaining free diamonds within the game, that is not really a big deal. The GE rewards (rng yes) over 3 weeks should be about enough to get the ultimate coach for at least one day - and if done smartly, should get you your final upgrade without any other addtional costs.

On the 800 mark in prizes in between the 2 upgrades is pergola lv 1 . This happens on all the events but normally it’s in the event list at A stage after most users has reach the max level. Where that is sitting now means there is no chance to get max level with spending lots of diamonds
How so? It's an addition lvl 1 Pergola between 2 upgrades. It's not replacing any of the upgrades.

Taffy540

Private
You cannot win a full bistro unless you have by some miracle won 200 footballs for 3 or 4 days straight to then be able to win enough upgrades.Im getting 10 or 20 in the wilderness not the 200 needed. Ive dilligently done the entire quest on 3 worlds and helped another person(vision impaired) with his. So after all the dust settles its another waste of time as 95% of all players wont qualify for the full building we have worked so hard to get. As it stands, not one of my 3 cities will get the full thing unless some miracle happens. There is no real benifit to struggle to silver either if all you get is a lvl2 tower instead of lvl1 you get in bronze, and still dont get the full building. 8 years so far playing, currently not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

suethegreat

Captain
Having completed on 4 cities my Pergolas are at 10 and the next grid prize is FP's so the event sems to go down to the League to stay in Bronze for the final level. Success here is also random as we have no idea if other players have saved footballs and if even spending diamonds to stay in Bronze will stick. As others say a disappointing end to an event when even spending diamonds has no certainty of reaching the final level until the event ends as up to the neighbourhood of unknowns.

Absinthia

Private
the grand prize chain is screwed up. on Korch i have 1 selection kit, 8 upgrade kits and 2 level1 buildings!
on Noarsil i have 1 selection kit, 7 upgrade kits and 2 base building. on Tuulech i have 1 selection kit, 6 upgrade kits and 2 base buildings...
Korch is the only world where i gotten prize after the second base building, hence the 8th upgrade kit there. yet it is not enough to buildfull levelevent building.
does not make any sense at all.
fix this please!

Last edited:

Treds59

Private
It is a bit of an oddity to have that Level 1 appearing at the 800 mark, and I initially just thought it was due to the PTP players who would have received a few more upgrades then the FTP players. But, everyone got the Selection Kit at 80 (so that nixes that idea). However, since the Level 1 is appearing in between 2 normal upgrades, 720 & 880, it is just replacing some minor prize anyways, and is most likely worth more on the AD then whatever else could have been used for that position.
As far as spending diamonds, yes, it does look like might have to spend some to get the final Event upgrade - but really, with all the ways of obtaining free diamonds within the game, that is not really a big deal. The GE rewards (rng yes) over 3 weeks should be about enough to get the ultimate coach for at least one day - and if done smartly, should get you your final upgrade without any other addtional costs.
Spent 1400 on diamonds, and alas Only level 10 as I thought would be the case. inno Really want you to buy more diamonds

This event was total crap this time, dear FoE team. I used only the extra yard and double points coaches and ended up in amateur league and of course without the lv11 pergola :). It never happened to me before to got this screwed at an event :) . Hell with you and your urge to get more and more money from us. It looks like it is slowly becoming a pay to play game and if this happens I`m gonna quit after 10 long and beautiful years... I think(and im definitely not the only one) that it would be nice and very normal to be able to obtain the max level building without spending money....even though im spending 3 euros for diamonds from time to time, it is a big difference between 3 euros and 40 euros or even 10 euros. Please dont ruin the game is all i have left to say.

So I've not got a maxed building on the 2 world's I have done everything to get as many handeggs as possible. I do have 1 spare Base building which I'm never going to use because by the time I get the other parts for building 1 first and then the 2nd the building will be out of date. Why not put the required amount of upgrades in the prizes so if we play the game daily you are happy because you got a maxed building instead of annoying a minimum of 75% of your customers because you're getting extremely greedy?
It's ugly from inno to be actively trying to cash grab like this when your brilliant game has been going 10 years. Doesn't that give you an idea that you had been doing things the right way? Now you're making the game worse every day but you're expecting us to spend money or more money for an ever decreasing product.
And to do this in the current economic climate is absurd and ugly and very disrespectful!

I used a diamond coach while farming colossus. Got up to gold league. Fell out of it but had more than enough footballs to go back in it likely even without anything but the default coach.
Except I'm human, I have ADHD which affects short term memory, and I forgot to use the rest of my footballs and finish the last few quests. Didn't get gold league, missed out on the extra rewards. Whatever. At least I got the building, right?
Wrong. Because, for some reason, for some ungodly reason beyond human understanding, you put a SECOND level 1 building in the track, early. So no, I actually got 2 selection kits, 7 upgrade kits, and 2 level 1s. So I can't get a lvl 11. Only a lvl 10, and a lvl 1.
So not only did I waste 450 diamonds trying for the gold league (This is my fault, but there's no warnings given, no flashing "it's ending soon", no "it's ended but you have a few extra hours to finish everything up because we understand we're a browser game and people have lives" system) but I can't even use the building because as a funny joke you gave me two level 1s. ..

suethegreat

Captain
Feedback. This event for those needing the final level for max from the league is designed to exclude 50% of players from reaching Bronze level. Therefore half of FOE players wake up to discover whilst previously in Bronze even after using diamonds their flip flopping between Amateur and Bronze has failed. A result out of their hands totally depending on the actions of others. If we take the case that diamonds are paid for with real money (excluding other means) money is therefore being taken with no transparency that you will win, does INNO hold a gambling licence? For future events why can't the points for league levels be set so that those realising they will not reach the marker without diamond expenditure can spend that 'money' with some certainty? There cannot be many businesses around that plan to alienate half their customers on purpose.