• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Forge Moments Competition

Naranique

Master Corporal
Forge Stroies Competition Logo.png

Hello Forge Fans,

This year marks a very important milestone for Forge of Empires—our 10th birthday! With our birthday only a couple of months away, we are currently busy with different plans to celebrate it in style!

Much of these plans, sadly, cannot be revealed at this time. What we can share today, is that there will be an event (based on the ages of the game, with a completely new mechanic), and during the festivities, we will also feature a video that tells your stories! It is for the latter that we need your help!

Imprinted in Forge of Empire's success, and the success of our thriving communities, are your experiences. We want to hear them!

Starting today, we will run a contest, where we ask that you leave a comment with your best Forge story or moment. We want to hear about your achievements, favorite moments, guild accolades, and personal successes! More than that, we want to hear about the lasting friendships, your fondest memories, as well as the impact our community has made! Essentially, we want to hear what has made Forge of Empires a fixture in your life! Who knows, we may even ask to use your story in our Forge Moments video!

With these stories, please include as much detail as you would like. However, there are a couple of important conditions:

1). Firstly, the contest will run from February 11th to the 25th of February, and only entries during that time will be considered for a prize.

1). Secondly, we ask you to refrain from providing any information that provides sensitive personal details about yourself or others (including name, address, location etc.).

2). Next, we would ask these stories follow forum rules, and that these stories are not designed to insult, deride, or be mean-spirited in nature.

3). In addition, we also ask you only submit one story per person. Therefore, please think in advance about which one you would like to submit!

4). Moreover, upon winning a prize, please wait for us to contact you via private message in the Forum. Especially if you have won merchandise, we ask you please do not share address details anywhere public!

5). Finally, for any stories that have inappropriate and sensitive content, we will have no choice but to delete the post.

Once you have submitted a story, we ask you to get involved and like your favorites! The winners will be selected by our community management team, but the most liked posts will be in strong consideration for prizes!

For those lucky enough to be among the winning entries, we have some tremendous prizes:

Prize List

1st Place2nd Place3rd Place
  • 2,000 diamonds
  • 1,000 pots of gold
  • A choice of one piece of InnoGames merchandise
  • A chance to be considered within the Forge moments video
  • 1,500 diamonds
  • 500 pots of gold
  • 1,000 diamonds
  • 250 pots of gold

Possible InnoGames Merchandise Available*
  • InnoGames Backpack
  • InnoGames Gym bags
  • InnoGames Sunglasses
  • Innopolis Puzzle
  • InnoGames Baseball Caps
  • InnoGames Mug
  • InnoGames Beer Mug
  • InnoGames Keychain
*Please be aware that some prizes may be subject to availability.

Thank you again for playing Forge, and making it, as well as our community, the place it has been over the last (almost) ten years! We very much look forward to your stories!

Sincerely,

Your Forge of Empires Team.

Attachments

• Forge Moments - Forum T&Cs.pdf
    166.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Archaeo

Private
I started in the Stone Age whilst visiting Orkney's fantastis archaeological sites such as Maes Howe & Scara Brae!

josh6921

Private
I started playing in october,(tried initially about 3,4 years ago,but lost interest).This time i am so addicted i dont know what to compare it to.I have also built some amazing relationships with other guild members.I played 30 mins -1hour a day.,now i dont want to think about it.To sum up,I LOVE THE GAME.And without wanting to sound cheesy,WHOEVER dreamt up this,and designed it are absolutel GENIUSES.Seriously some of the ideas are absolutely mind boggling.THANX TO EVERYONE,LUV YA ALL!!!!!!

Hello Forge Fans,

This year marks a very important milestone for Forge of Empires—our 10th birthday! With our birthday only a couple of months away, we are currently busy with different plans to celebrate it in style!

Much of these plans, sadly, cannot be revealed at this time. What we can share today, is that there will be an event (based on the ages of the game, with a completely new mechanic), and during the festivities, we will also feature a video that tells your stories! It is for the latter that we need your help!

Imprinted in Forge of Empire's success, and the success of our thriving communities, are your experiences. We want to hear them!

Starting today, we will run a contest, where we ask that you leave a comment with your best Forge story or moment. We want to hear about your achievements, favorite moments, guild accolades, and personal successes! More than that, we want to hear about the lasting friendships, your fondest memories, as well as the impact our community has made! Essentially, we want to hear what has made Forge of Empires a fixture in your life! Who knows, we may even ask to use your story in our Forge Moments video!

With these stories, please include as much detail as you would like. However, there are a couple of important conditions:

1). Firstly, the contest will run from February 11th to the 25th of February, and only entries during that time will be considered for a prize.

1). Secondly, we ask you to refrain from providing any information that provides sensitive personal details about yourself or others (including name, address, location etc.).

2). Next, we would ask these stories follow forum rules, and that these stories are not designed to insult, deride, or be mean-spirited in nature.

3). In addition, we also ask you only submit one story per person. Therefore, please think in advance about which one you would like to submit!

4). Moreover, upon winning a prize, please wait for us to contact you via private message in the Forum. Especially if you have won merchandise, we ask you please do not share address details anywhere public!

5). Finally, for any stories that have inappropriate and sensitive content, we will have no choice but to delete the post.

Once you have submitted a story, we ask you to get involved and like your favorites! The winners will be selected by our community management team, but the most liked posts will be in strong consideration for prizes!

For those lucky enough to be among the winning entries, we have some tremendous prizes:

Prize List

1st Place2nd Place3rd Place
  • 2,000 diamonds
  • 1,000 pots of gold
  • 1,500 diamonds
  • 500 pots of gold
  • 1,000 diamonds
  • 250 pots of gold

Possible InnoGames Merchandise Available*
  • InnoGames Backpack
  • InnoGames Gym bags
  • InnoGames Sunglasses
  • Innopolis Puzzle
  • InnoGames Baseball Caps
  • InnoGames Mug
  • InnoGames Beer Mug
  • InnoGames Keychain
*Please be aware that some prizes may be subject to availability.

Thank you again for playing Forge, and making it, as well as our community, the place it has been over the last (almost) ten years! We very much look forward to your stories!

Sincerely,

Your Forge of Empires Team.
I began playing in Dec of 2020 and was so lost and frustrated I was ready to quit. I met a player that helped guide me from the stress I was coping with in the game and he changed my experience to where I was happy to continue play and I’ve even started 2 more cities that I’m currently working on upgrading. I’m truly grateful to this player as he made the game enjoyable for me and 14 months later I’m growing and almost self reliant. It’s amazing how one person can make such a difference in a game and a persons life. Thnx to the friend if you read this I’m sure you’ll know who you are because I’ve also said this in guild chat directly to you. I’m loving the friendships I’m making and totally enjoying the game now much love and respect to the friends I’m making and inno for making an enjoyable game

Kuzay

Private
Actualy I was researching about castles for an education Erasmus+ project. Then i saw this game and honestly "Research Timeline" is very inspirational for my pupils at primary 3rd grade. As i play this game, we created an eTwinning project with the help of timeline and we call it "Castles, to the future from the past" with 4 different countries teacher. The project is running for "European Quality Label" at the moment. That is a honor for us. We plan to to use same project in Erasmus+ as well

Attachments

• cast.jpg
    cast.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 123
I have so many memorable moments with this game. It's almost impossible for me to pick one moment in favour of another and tell a good story about it.
In general, one of the best things with this game - and one of the things that keeps me coming back to it - is all the wonderful friendships I've made along the way.

BB SPARKLE

FoE Team
Senior Ingame Moderator
St. Valentines is close so i need to share my FOE love story. I have so many friends, we chat, discuss life. With one of them, we started chatting in September, like it usually starts, what`s your name, where are you (at least the same continent), then we moved to book, stars, discussing black holes and the meaning of life. The gravity between us got too strong to beat. We are planning to meet in person now. Thanks FOE

King Dael

Sergeant
D_SS_MultiAge_AwardBonus1-b17195c42.png
Well, as others have written, there has been too many great moments, to just pick one.
But in my mind, there is one which stands out: 2013, FoE is still in BETA state and a Computer game award show is coming up. A majority of the Community logs into the award shows voting page and votes, making Forge of Empires the winner as the best online Browser Game...while still being a Beta game.
FoE awarded all the players with the winner trophy as a decoration.

Last edited:
For me, the best aspect of being a long-term player of the game is the lasting friendships you make. It's extraordinary that you think of people you have never met as some of your closest friends.
I am still very moved by the concern two of my best FOE friends showed for me when I disappeared from the game for a while. They both knew that I had, in the past, suffered from a major heart attack and went to extreme lengths, using remarkable detection skills, to discover what the problem was. Eventually they tracked down my sister who was able to reassure them that, far from lying in intensive care, I was merely having a frustrating delay in setting up a new internet connection having moved home. One day I hope to meet them in real life and give them both the hugs they deserve :D

Majjio

Private
I heard about this game more than five years ago, but I actually started playing in January 2022. It was actually difficult at start due to the region am from, problems with internet connectivity, timeline etc. I joined a guild and met some friends (though not close and hope to know more about them) who has been very helpful. With their guide and support, I've been able to progress through the game and am in the late middle age now and hope to reach the space age . My best moment has been the winter games, and joining the guild. The community I can't say much about because I seldomly take part in it due to tight schedule. FoE is in the top two list of the best game I've ever played. Thanks...

Erzebet

Private
Hi,
i play FOE from 2015and have tone of good moments with friends best was we get together in my house for 3 days and play FOE (one came from Amerika) and find lot of friends like we are. But the reason i want to tell you about is last august i get very sick whole guild supported me till i was in hospital to take my avatar and had all the time i was there. My children was told by doctor i gona die so they sended ticket from my mail and destroyed my city, i was in SAV had ARC 150 , att about 1200and def 600 i think, my Traz was 100 so they coose to destroyi all, my work since 2015. But i get better came home and find city destoyed i send ticket to inno but was too late. I started again and there again friedship sho the real face tey helped me to get back so i have city again in begining but ok. Frieds supported so i get again my Guild back and friends there are in Arvahal. so i learn again what this game about in close down and corona things, best safe way to stick with frieds,my real life go better slowly but thank to the frieds, also my game.
Sorry if my words was not correct i'm not english speaker but i thought my story have to be told as i'm a live and back for game, start again 23.1.2022.
Best regards to all, to Inno you have great game there and many good people i love it. Love the events you can get again great rewards, love GVG even is hard,(is time to talk and fite with frieds) GBG also ( not same as GVG but great rewards) the settlment. I try to be short as i can, sorry, and hope you understand my words.
Best regards again to all

I have been playing the game since 2012, when it was still in an open Beta. I was 16, and I remember I did not have internet connection at home, only a very old modem with a sim card in it, that sometimes worked, and sometimes (most of the time), not. Therefore that spring, and summer time, I have spent most of my time at the local library, and played with my favourite online games, including the recently launched Forge of Empires. That time there wasn't even a global ranking, I could only see neighbours, and I was very interested where the game was heading. I showed it to my best friend, whom I spent most of my time with, and we both fell in love with the graphics, and the progression system. We always challenged each other, who can be faster, whose city looks better, and we were among the first who formed a guilt together. That summer is one of my fondest memories, and I remember it didn't matter the game didn't have a mobile version (mostly because we had button phones :D), and that we had very limited resources to play, but I was always so keen every morning to go the library, and play with the game, and with my friend. Thank you for the nice memory FoE!

PS: We did read at the library too, not just played games ;)

gusofnl

Private
My Best memory is the support I received from all those online friend's i made during the last 3 year's playing the game, when my wife passed away in Feb 2020, I was alone...except for the incredible outpouring of support from fellow FoE player's...It kept me going and got me through the worst time's including the Isolation that Covid brought with it. Losing my wife isolated me, Covid added to the stress, if not for my FoE Friend's , I doubt i'd have gotten through it.

Jubilee

Private
For me it was the ability to learn how to use strategy in battles instead of dumb luck. Years of chess lessons from my grandfather finally paid off, I realised I had to have a plan of attack, a battle play which meant devising some sort of strategy. I finally realised I could let the enemy come to me lining up my Units to form a Net or go quickly to the enemy to deal with those pesky long distance throwing Units. My dear old Grandfather was a Chess Master, gone now but he would have been proud that all those lessons have not been completely useless. It was the breakthrough I needed to start enjoying the combat rather than dreading it.

KingAlex

Private

I was wandering around the server, looking for a nice guild to help me, when I came across one that I thought would be nice. When I joined, they seemed offended that I was so low-level, but one of them took me in. When I left because of personal reasons, they even followed me to my new guild, where they stay today as one of my best friends.

I know probably no one will see this, but thank you for making my FoE time so far a happy one!

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
3 Swords.PNG

I've been playing FoE almost from the beginning. As indicated by the award pictured above. I'm still learning, which is probably why I still play. I've been part of what was at the time one of the most powerful Guilds, I've spent a few years going it alone, and in March I will have been with my current Guild for one year.

When the Guild founder decided to call it a day, no one was sure what would happen next, and although I'm not the highest ranked player there, it was agreed I would become Co-Leader.

So greatest moment, being trusted by others and getting to lead a small but hard working team of FoE players.

George Rex

Private
When exchanging information with fellow Guild members I mentioned that I was about to celebrate my 50th Wedding Anniversary. Out of the blue a member told me she had a 50th Anniversary Coffee set which was not selling in her shop and said that she would gift it to me. She lived in California, I live in New Zealand. We remain friends both in and out of the game even though she has changed Guilds.

Forkin Line

Corporal
I've been playing Forge of Empires for a while and just work to get it to how I like it. I'm not fussed how long it takes me to do things, but just play to improve my property and my buildings. I was frustrated at the start, and didn't understand why I kept being attacked by a certain player even though I was nice to them. I came onto the forum seeking advice and found some lovely people willing to help me out with my own property. I was put down by a couple of players who were high ranking and had been playing for some time because they thought my place was a mess and I should junk it and start again. I strongly considered leaving the game, but I'm not a quitter so I continued with the help of another couple of lovely people on the forum who gave me ideas about how to improve things. I don't really care about how things SHOULD be done and just do what I can when I can. I appreciated very much the help from forum members who were kind and took the time to explain their reasoning and posts to me. I stayed because of them, so thank you all. I help all my neighbours almost every day, and am grateful for their help too. It's a great game and it has helped me through the rough last couple of years.