• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Game not loading at all (PC/EN) - various servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
EN0 and EN4 here, same issue, just the spinning dial, no loading screen. Works fine on mobile, but PC down since the update.
Saw a tweet though by Inno - they say it works for them fine.

1641227058519.png

Pyroxy

Private
  • World: en4, en9, en11 worlds that I play on (probably affecting others too)
  • Browser and Version: Chrome v96.0.4664.110, also Edge v96.0.1054.62
  • Overview of the bug: after initial home page (en0.forgeofempires.com), I select the world to play on, and then the game fails to load. Stuck on InnoGames logo with "hourglass" spinny thing below it, on black screen. No progress, it just remains stuck there, does not load the game.
  • Screenshots: No need, it's a basic black screen with nothing but the Innogames logo.
  • How often this occurs: Continuous since 7:30am Pacific standard time, January 3 (i.e. 3:30pm server time), no change, unable to connect into game at all since that time. Problem may have started earlier, that's just when I started.
  • Urgency: Urgent, critical problem, prevents playing the game at all.
  • Preventative Actions tried: Rebooted (no help); disabled FoEHelper addon; disabled Norton Safe Web addon; nothing works.
  • Summary: Game fails to load, stuck on initial black pre-load screen with InnoGames logo. Trying to connect from west coast of Canada.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes it has been reported by others, but without all this template info. It may be related to a game update 1.221 scheduled for today January 3 (https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-221.45019/).
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? Yes, no luck.

System info: Unable to load into game to collect this info as per the bug report section.

Hardware acceleration: Yes, Chrome hardware acceleration is enabled.

UPDATE: As of 10am PST (6pm server time), I am able to connect in to the game ok, after doing a Control-F5 as suggested by another person. (Clearing cache might also do the trick.)

Last edited:

CheapBugger

Private
Tried Internet Explorer, same problem as Chrome. Guessing it is on their end since more than one person and different areas/browsers.

Similar problem for me EN1, EN2 and EN5.

Difference: I get the loading image with progress bar in the bottom of the screen. The bar will 'instantly' go to anywhere between 48 and 52% and then nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.