• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event 2021 - Feedback

Tut60

Private
Will try one more time to explain what's unfair:

1. I buy stars to open gifts, some times there's reindeer that get add to the sleigh
2. The value of a reindeer is 2995 /9= 332.78 diamonds
3. Inno wants the players to have 9 to receive the rewards and if there's 1 reindeer missing, you will have to pay for the 9 = 2995 diamonds

There should be credit given for the reindeer found

Tut60

Private
Played KOC for years since its beginning
First they gouged everybody, so the older players stopped buying, then they concentrated on gouging new players, so new players stopped playing
It ended up paying players in a daily system to just logging in

Inno is heading this way

Tut60

Private
Absurdity

Events with new Bldgs taking huge space while expansions cannot be even bought with diamonds !

Where to place these new Bldg ?

You either make expansions easier to acquire or create shrinking kits.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General

1. I buy stars to open gifts, some times there's reindeer that get add to the sleigh
3. Inno wants the players to have 9 to receive the rewards and if there's 1 reindeer missing, you will have to pay for the 9 = 2995 diamonds

Why should there be credit given? You have a choice to buy 1 or up to 9 items, if you have found that many reindeer. Some players do not want to wait - if they found something they want, they may choose to buy right away. It is a 'set' cost to purchase whatever is available. If you wait, you will get more - if you do not want to wait, you get less. Just like the real world.
So much antagonism from you. This is an Event that has gone on each year - with the Reindeer added last year, primarily for those who wanted a 'step up' and were willing to pay for it. You DO NOT have to ever buy it. You want to buy it, buy it now if you want. If you do not want to buy, then do not. There is zero gouging - other than for players who do not want to wait - which is called premium pricing - a very standard real world policy.
Every Building you discover can be used - but as with the mentality of this game - you have a limited space for it. YOU decide what you want and where to put it. You want everything - well, you cannot have everything (wow, sounds like real world problem again). Make space so you can use new buildings, or ignore the new buildings - or play deeper into the game and discover new space.
And NO - "Inno wants the players to have 9 to receive the rewards" that is not true - Inno offers a maximum claim of 9. If it was gouging - then it would be asking for 2995 diamonds for each and every reward item - but it is not. Stop acting so spoiled.

Tut60

Private
Why should there be credit given? You have a choice to buy 1 or up to 9 items, if you have found that many reindeer. Some players do not want to wait - if they found something they want, they may choose to buy right away. It is a 'set' cost to purchase whatever is available. If you wait, you will get more - if you do not want to wait, you get less. Just like the real world.
So much antagonism from you. This is an Event that has gone on each year - with the Reindeer added last year, primarily for those who wanted a 'step up' and were willing to pay for it. You DO NOT have to ever buy it. You want to buy it, buy it now if you want. If you do not want to buy, then do not. There is zero gouging - other than for players who do not want to wait - which is called premium pricing - a very standard real world policy.
Every Building you discover can be used - but as with the mentality of this game - you have a limited space for it. YOU decide what you want and where to put it. You want everything - well, you cannot have everything (wow, sounds like real world problem again). Make space so you can use new buildings, or ignore the new buildings - or play deeper into the game and discover new space.
And NO - "Inno wants the players to have 9 to receive the rewards" that is not true - Inno offers a maximum claim of 9. If it was gouging - then it would be asking for 2995 diamonds for each and every reward item - but it is not. Stop acting so spoiled.

You sound like being on Inno payroll with your twisted, sarcastic and dismissive comments

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
You sound like being on Inno payroll with your twisted, sarcastic and dismissive comments
LOL ! You hit that target. I have been wondering for a while about the apologists for Inno's bad designs. People come here when there is an issue or something in the game doesn't make sense, and certain parties tend to belittle and dismiss the feedback. Feedback which is supposed to be the point of the forum and why we're here.

But to your original point, the reindeer sleigh is a rip-off and they have offered it the same way for years. The first time I saw it I also thought maybe if I found all the reindeer the price might go down to 500 diamonds or something I might be tempted to buy, but no, it's not a reward or encouragement to keep trying to find daily specials to make the winter event more fun, it's just a ridiculously high-priced cash grab. Also why would anyone buy it when they only have 1 item in the 'sleigh'? the purchase button shouldn't even light up until you get all the reindeer. or maybe a player could buy a missing reindeer for some reasonable 50-100 diamonds to light up the sleigh and finish the deal - if there was a deal to be had. I have no idea who would pay 3K diamonds for mostly un-special prizes or half a sleigh of prizes.

The sleigh is a really fun idea totally ruined by bad implementation. It could have been something everyone looked forward to and saved up diamonds to buy or would buy diamonds to complete, even multiple times during the event. But instead we roll our eyes and ignore it.

About land expansions you mentioned a couple of posts back, you are limited in how many land expansions you can buy by your era, but 3-4 more unlock each time you age up. there's a chart on the wiki pages which shows you how many land expansions come with each age. Nice if someone actually answer your questions instead of making a feud eh? ho ho ho

Tut60

Private
The thing is, I don't mind buying and do buy diamonds and stars for this event.
Already have 6/9 reindeer and probably will have the 9, what's irritating that Inno is not giving credit for the reindeer found.

As for expansion, Inno design the game to be a marathon and not a sprint, create events with huge Bldg, no possible expansion unless moving up an era

A complete absurd split/multiple personality, where do you put these Bldg !

Forwandert

Major-General
That's part of the game. Where to put and what to keep. Not every event building is the same so it can depend on what style of play you are aiming for.

Some want fp buildings (that used to be a highly important thing but not as much anymore) Some just want to raise attack value so aim for those type of event buildings (usually whilst taking part in more gbg to gain the fps they didnt build buildings for). Some just want goods. The Game is designed so you have limited space, need to figure out which direction you're going in and have to replace buildings or run out of space.

I've done all 3 at various points in the game and replaced most of my city numerous times.

Emberguard

Legend
It's not unreasonable to wonder if Inno can't make ONE of their numerous Events more charitable than the others
Forge bowl and spring already are. Forge bowl because of the diamond coach doubling your rewards for 100 diamonds, spring because it has in the past had a higher reward rate if you choose certain colours on the rewards

Emberguard

Legend

Credit is already given. Reindeer = additional item unlocked in the offer.

I agree that the Reindeer package isn’t appealing. However, if it were to scale price on a per reindeer basis, I’d expect it to put a individual cost on each prize and allow individual prizes to be bought separately.

Knight of ICE

As for expansion, Inno design the game to be a marathon and not a sprint, create events with huge Bldg, no possible expansion unless moving up an era

You are in Colonial Age. You have 6 Great Buildings with a large footprint from Ages beyond the one you are in. Now it is Inno's fault you do not have enough room to place event buildings? :?

Absurdity

Events with new Bldgs taking huge space while expansions cannot be even bought with diamonds !

Where to place these new Bldg ?

You either make expansions easier to acquire or create shrinking kits.
City building on limited space is one of the strategic challenges of the game. You can't build all the buildings you dream of.

Tut60

Private
You are in Colonial Age. You have 6 Great Buildings with a large footprint from Ages beyond the one you are in. Now it is Inno's fault you do not have enough room to place event buildings? :?

Please note the following:
- I don't have what seasoned players call useless GB
- Cannot buy expansions with diamonds
- Removed LoA to put SG
- Cannot put HC and BG
- Need space for this event Bldg and the new Great Elephant
- Have lvl 2 Terrace Farm in inventory but no space
- Need to stay in CA for 6 months
- Acquired map expansions from 2 age above

This's what my complaint is about

Say something constructive for once instead of arrogant, dismissive and inaccurate

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

You have a Lighthouse, Observatory and Galata. Also, there is no reason at all for you to have a Cape.

- Cannot buy expansions with diamonds

You mean you do not want to, cause you refuse to go up. You can still get all victory expansions.

- Cannot put HC and BG

But you can put Arc, AO and TA????

- Need space for this event Bldg and the new Great Elephant

Delete other buildings. We all have to.

- Need to stay in CA for 6 months

Why? Who made that rule?

- Acquired map expansions from 2 age above

There are more

This's what my complaint is about

Then you should direct your complaint to yourself and not to Inno. You put yourself in this situation. You are the typical example of a P2W player that has bought himself into a bind.

Tut60

Private
You have a Lighthouse, Observatory and Galata. Also, there is no reason at all for you to have a Cape.

- Your info is very outdated since I removed LoA Two weeks ago and put SG

You mean you do not want to, cause you refuse to go up. You can still get all victory expansions.

- Is my combat Trio ready for IA ?

But you can put Arc, AO and TA????

- Is Arc, TA and AO a luxury in CA ?

- What GB specifically do you consider useless ?

- What other Bldg to delete ?

Why? Who made that rule?

There are more

Then you should direct your complaint to yourself and not to Inno. You put yourself in this situation. You are the typical example of a P2W player that has bought himself into a bind.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
.. a marathon and not a sprint, create events with huge Bldg, no possible expansion unless moving up an era

My two cents is that one shoe does not fit all?

I'm sure everyone has a different take on the game and that is okay. Play long play short play tough play for the pretty buildings whatever. I didn't like the last event (day of the dead) that much compared to the two previous ones so was hoping for Christmas time to be happier. I noticed people can not even agree in this thread if the winter event has a Christmas theme or feel to it or not? I see it that way but don't expect others to. Happy Hanukkah (November 28 to December 6) or Atheist Day (national day of reason May 6th) or whenever or whatever anyone wants to observe.

As to what this present event delivers in the way of personal game enjoyment varies I guess. I've decided not to invest too much into it myself (to do with game strategy - I am a free player, I'm just for fun). In my city anything which might come my way that I don't need, want, or have space for I'll just trade. Not all my investments pay off in any of the challenges or events that's for sure but that's life in the game world right?

Emberguard

Legend
Delete the Shrines of Knowledge

Need space for this event Bldg and the new Great Elephant
You’ve got a lot of wasted space just from how you’ve laid out the roads. Reconstruct the city and you’ll have space,

Need to stay in CA for 6 months
What is the plan for those 6 months?

The “useless” buildings change over time, if you are unwilling to swap out buildings then you will lack space. This is true of both Event buildings and Great Buildings

Is my combat trio ready for IndA?
Yes. Depends on what exactly you want to achieve. You could arguably be fine without any attack GBs even up in the space ages as long as you’re completing events along the way. Attack boost has powercrept that much on event buildings that 1-2 event buildings can practically be the equivalent of placing down a new Lvl 10 Attack GB.

Heck, you could do any number of limitations on GBs if space is a concern. Hypothetically if we wanted to we could stick to just Arc and Alcatraz, use event buildings for everything else. I wouldn’t necessarily *want* to do that except as a experimental city (I like the benefits GBs provide and it does speed up the process to use a combination of Events and GBs instead of only one or the other), but if we’re getting into what’s “essential” those two are probably the highest priority (even then, I’ve got a city without a Alcatraz that’s fine with units from emissaries, bathhouse, Himeji and gov’s villa)

Last edited: