• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Castle System - Feedback

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I don't understand the logic on needing to press two collect buttons in the castle daily. It's obvious if you've gone into the castle to collect you're collecting both so why make it so you have to do the same thing twice? One collect button would be sufficient.
Because its extra clicks, FoE loves to give you extra clicks, everything needs so many clicks for no reason at all but clicks.

The rush satisfies our competitive nature.
It's like overtaking the car in front even though you can see the red light ahead :)
Competitive? The castle is literally the opposite of competitive. Its just there to be there and is entirely ignorable, I like that its entirely ignorable, what's the point of rushing it? No point. I mean Inno done now a TON of updates for things no one has asked for and is entirely ignoring us, so it makes sense that we ignore their terrible new features that no one was asking for. Hundreds have already quit due to updates as well. I wish they'd start actually listening to 1% of feedback might have avoided the hundreds that have left the game.

LordJohn1

Private
When I pick up the daily reward box from the Castle, is it stored somewhere or is it immediately consumed? It doesn't appear in the inventory but I also don't see what 5 goods I am receiving either.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
When I pick up the daily reward box from the Castle, is it stored somewhere or is it immediately consumed? It doesn't appear in the inventory but I also don't see what 5 goods I am receiving either.
You are receiving goods of your age, 1 of each (times whatever multiplier - so 10 goods, 2 of each), directly into your goods inventory. FPs go directly to your FP bar.
So, if you have a level 3 or 4 castle (same rewards granted), you get 10 goods of your age (2 of each) and 5 goods of the age previous (1 of each).

Behelit

Private
You are receiving goods of your age, 1 of each (times whatever multiplier - so 10 goods, 2 of each), directly into your goods inventory. FPs go directly to your FP bar.
So, if you have a level 3 or 4 castle (same rewards granted), you get 10 goods of your age (2 of each) and 5 goods of the age previous (1 of each).

You don't get equal amount of each good, but rather 1 type out of 5, like with Babel or LoA.

suethegreat

Captain
Yet another waste of tavern silver because the Castle has reduced the cost of tavern boosts further (Castle 6). It is perverse to hand out a cost benefit only to make players spend/lose more silver because the daily challenges for boosts cant factor in the reductions. To spend 3500 no longer uses 2 GE boosts then you either have to tie up boosts for longer durations or spend more for boosts you dont need (or of course pay diamonds to run 2 boosts at once....)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Weirdly, I'm not seeing the exclamation mark even when the chests actually are ready to collect :D
Oh, the exclaimation mark, as far as unclaimed chests, only appears upon server reset or logging back in (including refresing). If you look inside the castle, and then close the windows, the exclaimation mark will disappear until the next time you earn some (via silly reason such as negotiations or a battle or winning AD), or as mentioned above, if you relog/refresh your game.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Oh, the exclaimation mark, ... will disappear until the next time you earn some (via silly reason such as negotiations or a battle or winning AD), or as mentioned above, if you relog/refresh your game.
So basically it appears all the time, for as you say, silly reasons. That's the definition of bad design for an ! alert. it should be for something important that the player needs to do, not an alarm that goes off 30 times a day because of silly reasons.

The castle alert is like the boy who cried wolf: it's no good for pointing out if we forgot to collect the chests because there are so many false alarms for everything.

The exclamation on the cast also shows when Nothing has changed - just go into you settlement - collect something and the exclamation mark shows - it is an intermittent problem.

To confirm - open your castle - note the values - open a settlement and collect (happens sometimes without collecting) then look at your castle - an exclamation shows - but when you open it (noting the values from before) nothing new has happened!

You don't get castle points from auctions, only from buying stuff in the AD. Hence no exclamation mark from winning an auction.
Sorry, that's wrong. You do get points from winning auctions.
  • Successful battles & negotiations
  • Finishing big Guild Expedition encounters
  • Buying items from the Antiques Dealer
  • Winning biddings in the Antiques Dealer
  • Successfully finishing daily challenges
  • Daily Castle points chest
  • Through in-game purchases

Last edited:
You don't get castle points from auctions, only from buying stuff in the AD. Hence no exclamation mark from winning an auction.

LOL
1637759288763.png

Looks like it does - or is this another bug?

The exclamation on the cast also shows when Nothing has changed - just go into you settlement - collect something and the exclamation mark shows - it is an intermittent problem.

To confirm - open your castle - note the values - open a settlement and collect (happens sometimes without collecting) then look at your castle - an exclamation shows - but when you open it (noting the values from before) nothing new has happened!
I think you may have done something else that triggered the exclamation mark. You shouldn't get castle points (and exclamation marks) from the settlement.
Could be a bug though of course.
For me the exclamation mark is not triggered by collecting from the settlement. I don't think so at least. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens.

Last edited:
Here is the castle Red Mark as it is with the "Settlement Bug" -

1) Have Collections to be made in the settlement.
2) open the castle & note the values
1637763368883.png

3) open the settlement being sure to have collections waiting
4) exit the settlement collection nothing
1637763476742.png

5) open castle
1637763513627.png

6) note - No change in values