• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Castle System - Feedback

Burpo

Sergeant
Lol very shady these big spenders prefer to stay anonymous, But then show off the new avatars :rolleyes:
I realised a long time ago why spenders feel embarrassed for gamers to know that they are paying real money but I don't think they should feel ashamed at all.
Is it any different to pay $10 to buy an advantage or to 'pay' 24 hours of time to 'buy' the same advantage?
I am sure all of us earn more than $2.40 per hour in our real jobs.
In fact it makes us 'pure' players look like idiots :)

Emberguard

Legend
I am sure all of us earn more than $2.40 per hour in our real jobs.
In fact it makes us 'pure' players look like idiots :)
only if you care about how long it takes. The goal is to have fun isn’t it?

Is it any different to pay $10 to buy an advantage or to 'pay' 24 hours of time to 'buy' the same advantage?
Yes. Because first we’d have to trade in the $10 which we either have or we don’t, secondly if the 500 points to every $1 ratio is correct you’d have to spend a couple thousand to max it out straight away.

I agree it’s nothing to be ashamed of. But not everyone wants to flaunt it around and neither does everyone have that kind of cash available to spend willy nilly

Burpo

Sergeant
Yes. Because first we’d have to trade in the $10 which we either have or we don’t, secondly if the 500 points to every $1 ratio is correct you’d have to spend a couple thousand to max it out straight away.
Yay, I like this conversation.
If we don't have the $10 but we DO have the 24 hours, then we certainly have the ability to gain the money by doing something more meaningful (but less fun) than playing FoE all day.
But you are right Emberguard, the goal is to have fun and some of us think it is fun to gain something for nothing (besides time).

If we don't have the $10 but we DO have the 24 hours, then we certainly have the ability to gain the money by doing something more meaningful (but less fun) than playing FoE all day.
How do you know that we - all of us - "have the ability" to gain 10$ in 24 hours?

Burpo

Sergeant
How do you know that we - all of us - "have the ability" to gain 10$ in 24 hours?
You would have to be almost dead not to be able to earn something if you really wanted to.
Even a 90 year old granny could earn $10 knitting scarves.
The fact that we currently pay for internet connection, mobile phones or PCs and electricity means we have an income of some sort.

Anyway, spend or not - just continue having fun :)

Emberguard

Legend
You sound like a homeless person who 'needs' to spend $50 on a packet of ciggies before calculating how much 'leftover' income they have for food :)
:lol: I don’t do ciggies :P though now you’ve got me wondering how much ciggies cost and what that’d get in equivalent to FoE

Dead-Eye

General
A box of Chesterfields cost a bit less than a tenner in London. Before I had diamond mines I would buy 10k diamonds for £70 though I waited till the 200% bonus came along and got 30K. Enough to last a year and a half.

Do the math then.

Emberguard

Legend
Any castle points with this harvest farm ugrade on offer?
this offer?
8A1BBE5D-8636-47D5-A4D7-20CC62407C83.jpeg
No.

Costs Diamonds = No Castle Points
Costs Cash = Castle Points

There is no problem with the discounts at all, working as intended. You just need to learn how to select certain boosts to meet the Quest requirement. That is all, no problems, other than user problems.
I agree with secondus2. Perhaps you Paladiac should look at the costs and times required to see if they can get something to add up to 2500 within a regular day with the 5% discount

I agree with secondus2. Perhaps you Paladiac should look at the costs and times required to see if they can get something to add up to 2500 within a regular day with the 5% discount
Extra negotiation turn, 15 minutes, 1500 coins - discount.

Easily and quickly adds up to 2500 coins or 3500 coins or how many coins is needed for the quest.
Provided you have enough coins available, of course. But if you don't have enough coins, you wouldn't be able to solve the quest anyway.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
To rewind to feedback on the Castle System it is basically an exercise in psychology. There are those of a competitive nature (like myself) that utilise the system and if a carrot is dangled they will take it. Yes players can ignore it like not opening a birthday present but it is so tempting as you watch the points increasing to make extra effort to reach the next milestone. This does mean more time negotiating, more time (much more) fighting than maybe you would plus more time monitoring AD and selling to buy. This doesn't mean spending diamonds but it does mean that those with several cities may start to question the gaming/life balance lol. At least one nice bonus is negotiations in Japan earn points which is a nice reward when often having to pay diamonds to do the negs in 3 moves only.

This does mean more time negotiating, more time (much more) fighting than maybe you would plus more time monitoring AD and selling to buy.
Nope. Not spending more time on the game than I did before the castle. Though, maybe one minute more per day to collect from the castle. It hasn't changed the way I play the game.
Let's say I only lack a few castle points to reach next castle level. Do I rush to the AD to buy some useless stuff just to get the castle leveled? No. It doesn't matter if I level the castle today or tomorrow or next week.
Do I stress myself to solve a difficult daily challenge just to get the 100 castle points? No. I let it go, like I always do, if the challenge is to troublesome to solve. It doesn't matter if I don't get the 100 castle points from the challenge. I'll get some tomorrow or the next day.
What's the rush?

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
More feedback...the levelling up is strange. You can be in the middle of a GE4 negotiation rush then all these rewards come flying at you. Is it too complex to have a box to click in the castle when achieving the next level or a box arriving in your inventory to open? Reaching level 3 is no great challenge then i think the novelty will wear off (hopefully lol)