• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wishing Wells as a Daily Special got fully removed ?

I have notice as many other players already did that Wishing Wells and Wishing Wells Shrinking Kits got removed as daily specials for most of this years events. And as this trend continues we are going to see the Halloween and Winter event without WW's. Its a shame that such a good daily special got removed clearly because of greed. All my other worlds just became useless. Thank you very much Inno.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have notice as many other players already did that Wishing Wells and Wishing Wells Shrinking Kits got removed as daily specials for most of this years events. And as this trend continues we are going to see the Halloween and Winter event without WW's. Its a shame that such a good daily special got removed clearly because of greed. All my other worlds just became useless. Thank you very much Inno.
Absolutely nothing wrong with removing the WW. The whole idea behind playing a game is PLAYING the game. Just to create cities for the single purpose of getting diamonds to use on a primary (and perhaps secondary or two) worlds has been a very poor game design. If Inno is FINALLY doing something about getting rid of diamond farms (first by stopping new ones, and then hopefully something that will eliminate the existing farms) - then that is a very good move for Inno to do - which you are correct, in thanking them for this very much needed change to help improve the game.

Burpo

Sergeant
Absolutely nothing wrong with removing the WW. The whole idea behind playing a game is PLAYING the game. Just to create cities for the single purpose of getting diamonds to use on a primary (and perhaps secondary or two) worlds has been a very poor game design. If Inno is FINALLY doing something about getting rid of diamond farms (first by stopping new ones, and then hopefully something that will eliminate the existing farms) - then that is a very good move for Inno to do - which you are correct, in thanking them for this very much needed change to help improve the game.
My thoughts exactly!
All diamonds generated should be for use on the world generated ONLY!!!

King Dael

Sergeant
Instead of diamonds, the buildings should give "Emeralds". Equal to Diamonds and used as same, but only in the world from where they came.
Edit: rime not intended...

So your idea of a perfect game is playing on 12 worlds as your primary ones ? Why not just remove all those world and let us all play on a single world and lets see how that works out. Who has the time to play on 12 worlds and do the same boring thing and be active in all those guilds. Something is really wrong with your logic. And I tell you what your problem is "cognitive dissonance"

Burpo

Sergeant
I am against having secondary worlds to benefit a primary one.
People put less effort into their secondary worlds and it seems unfair for 2 reasons.
Firstly because those secondary worlds will have to bear with half-hearted players.
And secondly because the primary world will have players with an 'outside' boost.

That said, the game allows it to occur so be it.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
I spent 4 years developing a game strategy that allowed diamond farms within the rules. It was hard work but with their help I was able to complete the Venus tech tree and have now retired to the Real World just in time to see the game deteriorate into abysmal boredom. I am lucky that I managed my goal before this fundamental change in WW policy which would negate all that effort.
Now I have a redundant Venus colony generating credits to buy worthless Venus Carbon, a redundant Arctic harbour to produce useless Promethium, an abandoned Oceanic Terminal to churn out nugatory Orichalcum.
Latest Inno attempts to stimulate this lacklustre scenario is a 20 day chore per level Mughal Cultural settlement which even if completed provides a pretty sad reward followed by another tired 75 day Fall event with an equally auctionable prize. After which the fodder will be to stare at the GB map waiting to play tic-tac-toe while turning my main city into a military base with Carousels, RMB's and Checkmate Squares etc in order to achieve the only goal left ... battle points!
I can understand the reticence of some to the use of diamond farms. they certainly are helpful in progressing a main world but only at the expense of a lot of time and effort in their construction and maintenence. Those not prepared to make the effort are perforce unhappy at the advantages gained by those who are.
My journey with you was a pleasure but the destination was a disappointment. The game has passed it's peak. The wilderness has now all but been consumed by city and outbuildings forcing the introduction of minigames and supplementary side shows. Removing established diamond farms will of course benefit new players who will now have to buy diamonds if they want them when starting from scratch.

Good luck and happy gaming

Forwandert

Major-General
You don't need WW for a farm, Just adapt the farms to gain fountains in GE. High level Tor, decent enough attack boost and you can gain fountains and shrink kits probably weekly and not even wait for events.

They're something I don't aim for from GE so I don't keep totals but I seem to sell quite a few of both to AD. Plus as stated above you also gain the dia from various encounters so it works out better. Then, if WW are in an event it's a bonus rather than the farm focus.

I spent 4 years developing a game strategy that allowed diamond farms within the rules. It was hard work but with their help I was able to complete the Venus tech tree and have now retired to the Real World just in time to see the game deteriorate into abysmal boredom. I am lucky that I managed my goal before this fundamental change in WW policy which would negate all that effort.
Now I have a redundant Venus colony generating credits to buy worthless Venus Carbon, a redundant Arctic harbour to produce useless Promethium, an abandoned Oceanic Terminal to churn out nugatory Orichalcum.
Latest Inno attempts to stimulate this lacklustre scenario is a 20 day chore per level Mughal Cultural settlement which even if completed provides a pretty sad reward followed by another tired 75 day Fall event with an equally auctionable prize. After which the fodder will be to stare at the GB map waiting to play tic-tac-toe while turning my main city into a military base with Carousels, RMB's and Checkmate Squares etc in order to achieve the only goal left ... battle points!
I can understand the reticence of some to the use of diamond farms. they certainly are helpful in progressing a main world but only at the expense of a lot of time and effort in their construction and maintenence. Those not prepared to make the effort are perforce unhappy at the advantages gained by those who are.
My journey with you was a pleasure but the destination was a disappointment. The game has passed it's peak. The wilderness has now all but been consumed by city and outbuildings forcing the introduction of minigames and supplementary side shows. Removing established diamond farms will of course benefit new players who will now have to buy diamonds if they want them when starting from scratch.

Good luck and happy gaming

Any game gets tedious after a while. But I still love the 2 Empires I've built in my two worlds. I don't use one world as a Diamond Farm for the other.
Each of my worlds are their own separate game world, unrelated to each other. The only thing both worlds share is my account's cache of Diamonds.

By the way, I've been playing since about 2009 or 2010, and I still LOVE Forge of Empires. The BEAUTY and SYMMETRY of my Empires are my main objectives, not gathering Diamonds, or attacking my neighbors … just enjoying my lovely villages, that I built up from the Stone Age.

Happy Gaming to you too. Hope you can find Forge of Empires as a game where you can play as much, or as little, as you choose.
No pressure to buy stuff either. That's why I like it and have stuck with it for so long.

KiIIa

Private
I have a problem and don't know where to go.
What to do if we accidentally delete a Level1 Cultural Settlement, ... ? It is now impossible to place that one (as the rest are only upgrades..)... ? What to do?

My thoughts exactly!
All diamonds generated should be for use on the world generated ONLY!!!
sounds interesting, i play on 17 worlds and 16 are farms...i will agree to that statement ...but... we defiantly need more room, i will gladly buy your diamonds inno for extra premium space as a paying customer...go forge :)

Burpo

Sergeant
sounds interesting, i play on 17 worlds and 16 are farms...i will agree to that statement ...but... we defiantly need more room, i will gladly buy your diamonds inno for extra premium space as a paying customer...go forge :)
As much as that would disadvantage me, I agree you should be able to buy more expansions with diamonds paid for by real money (not earned within the game).
Unfortunately that would really turn the game into a p2w and I would probably leave.

it's kind of sad that inno wants you to buy diamonds, they send out (200) percent more diamond packages and i purchase them every time.
now that i have entered mars/asteroid/venus. i never seen a package come my way, my granddaughter plays in ce and gets them every 2 weeks or so,
crazy as it sounds i always used them to win more ww's in events...now i will have to change up my game play to level up attack/defense lol

Burpo

Sergeant
it's kind of sad that inno wants you to buy diamonds, they send out (200) percent more diamond packages and i purchase them every time.
now that i have entered mars/asteroid/venus. i never seen a package come my way, my granddaughter plays in ce and gets them every 2 weeks or so,
crazy as it sounds i always used them to win more ww's in events...now i will have to change up my game play to level up attack/defense lol
Strange, I am in Venus and there is a current diamond special available to buy right now.