• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why I am leaving the game

Burpo

Sergeant
I would agree with you however about the situations may be improved if someone from Inno would take the time to actually reply to the 'masses', even if it just to explain a decision they make, but if they choose not to, oh well, their choice. It is what it is.
I think Knight of Ice and other forum moderators are doing a pretty good job of being 'Inno's voice' for people who do not get paid for their services or time.
They may not always be able to give a reply as such but it is better than nothing.
They also 'tell it like it is' which is better than politician doublespeak.

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
I would assume that although many players would like a lot of different things, or some things done differently ( i think we as humans are like that in all walks of life , nothing ever is, nor ever will be perfect for all of us ) there are aspects of the game which we do like, otherwise none of us would be still playing.
So true, the game is not perfect. But neither is RL. So some players moving on is no big deal unless it gets to be a full on waterfall of players leaving. Then there are issues.

Burpo

Sergeant
If the game had've been designed in such a way that only newish players are in the first 'x' eras, then when you reach a certain point you HAVE to move up to the next set of eras where you compete against similarly equal players but have very limited contact with those below you (trade, for example), and, again at a certain point, you HAVE to move up again, then it would've been possible to tailor each set of eras to those within it.
In my opinion, forcing people to do something they don't want to do (ie HAVE to move) is not a good idea.
It might keep things more equal but then you are not allowing intelligent, hard working or rich players to stand out.
Communism by another name.

Vesiger

Monarch
There's nothing intelligent or hardworking about era-sitting, so far as I can see - and most people seem to value the fact that FoE doesn't favour the rich (pay-to-play)...

Burpo

Sergeant
There's nothing intelligent or hardworking about era-sitting, so far as I can see - and most people seem to value the fact that FoE doesn't favour the rich (pay-to-play)...
Just about every online game I have played has campers who have a goal to dominate a particular level of the game.
This requires forethought and dedication as a few games actively discourage the tactic.
It is not just bullies who use this strategy, it can also be for players who want to keep the game simple and less time consuming.
Staying in low eras means you don't have to bother with the more difficult parts of the game.

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
More difficult parts in future eras, Oh joy oh bliss, LOL
Just getting a haddle on the middle ages. So what surprises do they have in store?
I already seen the double road, so I know that will be an issue.
Vesiger - So your saying I'm stupid for sitting in the High Middle ages. I happen to like the Trebs. So why move up when the events lately are so close I would be screwed for doing the quests, or at least short handed. I see no reason to rush, and have been told by countless people. Inclucing here to take it slow.
This is not a race game. It is a strategy game so speed should never be and issue.

Just about every online game I have played has campers who have a goal to dominate a particular level of the game.
This requires forethought and dedication as a few games actively discourage the tactic.
It is not just bullies who use this strategy, it can also be for players who want to keep the game simple and less time consuming.
Staying in low eras means you don't have to bother with the more difficult parts of the game.

FOE actually changed some aspects of the game to accommodate the 'campers'
There used to be evenjt quests which required a player to complete research tasks as well as continent map tasks. Some of these forced players to move up the research tree and eras.
these have since been adapted and normally have an alternative option and very few map tasks are now required.

Edited to specify EVENT quest.

Last edited:

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
There used to be quests which required a player to complete research tasks as well as continent map tasks. Some of these forced players to move up the research tree and eras.
these have since been stopped and very few map tasks are now required.
Really

1632645993756.png

Been sitting on that for over a month now.

Last edited:

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
I'm aware of that option or I would have done it a month ago. Just pointing out that they still do exist, they may have added aborts but they are still around, same for ones on the campaign map too.

I'm aware of that option or I would have done it a month ago. Just pointing out that they still do exist, they may have added aborts but they are still around, same for ones on the campaign map too.
The abort option on recurring quests is nothing new. Recurring quests don't force you to research techs or solve map quests

Knight of ICE

There used to be quests which required a player to complete research tasks as well as continent map tasks. Some of these forced players to move up the research tree and eras.
these have since been stopped and very few map tasks are now required.

Those quests were only stopped or given an alternative when it comes to Event quests.

Vesiger

Monarch
Vesiger - So your saying I'm stupid for sitting in the High Middle ages. I happen to like the Trebs. So why move up when the events lately are so close I would be screwed for doing the quests, or at least short handed. I see no reason to rush, and have been told by countless people. Inclucing here to take it slow.
This is not a race game. It is a strategy game so speed should never be and issue.
I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying that choosing an era and sitting in it longterm doesn't enable players to "stand out" as "intelligent" and "hardworking" as per the original statement.
Personally I find rushing to the end of an era in the first week to be very dull, and prefer to work steadily through the research - unfortunately I grossly underestimated the size of the Oceanic Future map, and have been stuck for months trying to complete it before I age up!

Daiman Rahl

Corporal
Why are you sitting on a research recurring quest for a month, when you can just abort it and get rewards from easier recurring quests like gather coins/supplies or spend fps? You can always cycle back to the research quest when you're about to research a tech.

because the events keep coming so fast and I want to move up but don't have enough FP's to go deep into the next era too get to the suppy buildings and the weapons. So I'm waiting and building up FP's. Then I'll hit it!!
Cycle back ?

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying that choosing an era and sitting in it longterm doesn't enable players to "stand out" as "intelligent" and "hardworking" as per the original statement.
Personally I find rushing to the end of an era in the first week to be very dull, and prefer to work steadily through the research - unfortunately I grossly underestimated the size of the Oceanic Future map, and have been stuck for months trying to complete it before I age up!

Not looking to stand out or be #1 in an era. I'm just learning the game and finally working on my GB's.
For the first while I did not understand the GB's or there importants in the game. I was just building a city!!
Thankfully I'm in a guild now that is teaching me and I've grown alot.
Thru intelligence and handwork!!

Cycle back ?
Yes, recurring quests... recur. They come around again. And they can be aborted. So you can cycle through the recurring quests in a loop and select the quest you want to solve.
When you are ready to research 2 technologies, you can set the recurring quest to "research 2 technologies". Load 2 techs with only 1 fp missing on each, change the recurring guest to "research 2 technologies" and then finish the techs to get the quest reward.

Last edited:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
In my opinion, forcing people to do something they don't want to do (ie HAVE to move) is not a good idea.
It might keep things more equal but then you are not allowing intelligent, hard working or rich players to stand out.
Communism by another name.
Didn't mean they should force players to move up, rather that if the player wants to continue growing or progressing quickly through the ages then they should be required to enter the next group of eras, leaving the previous group behind bar some basic interaction like trading or helping guildmates.

They obviously have the option to stay in an era (or set of eras) for as long as they wish.

Think of it like splitting the entire game into a few parts where you exit one part at a certain point/level/strength and go on to compete alongside players similar to yourself in the next part. You would decide when that was, not the Game.

If each group of eras contains 3-4 ages there is still scope to challenge yourself against those players 3-4 ages ahead of you (or plunder those 3-4 ages below!)

The intelligence and hard work would come about by preparing your city for entering the next phase, especially if. for example, access to much higher era GB's was limited until you were much closer to that GB's era group. That might test some players' skills...

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
If only they'd do a suggestions patch and fix a lot of the time sinks and implements many of the idea's we can come up with that would benefit everyone playing.

Oh wait they did and ignored all the good ones and most likely just did a patch with what they'd planned to do and just ignored us entirely x3 So many good suggestions... all ignored...

I still can't believe how hard it was the first time to get the pvp tower reverted, and at least put into a state where I can 100% ignore it and am better off. Even worse is for a second there it looked like they were adding in a subscription based service for rewards and bonuses - bonuses that most likely would be the things we've been asking for for years, yet would have to pay rl money for to get.

If only they'd do a suggestions patch and fix a lot of the time sinks and implements many of the idea's we can come up with that would benefit everyone playing.

Oh wait they did and ignored all the good ones and most likely just did a patch with what they'd planned to do and just ignored us entirely x3 So many good suggestions... all ignored...

^This^ is so true! :D :D:D