• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire - Feedback

PomPoms

Sergeant
I think my biggest issue is not the rupees, I can patiently wait for them, it’s the diplomacy….it is really, really hard to fit enough in to open the next thing, you need a truckload of space to fit in dozens of buildings, some of which have to be placed a certain way for maximum benefit and this, for me anyway, just adds to my frustration. Ugh!

Something I would really like to see, is a timer on the Settlement Town Hall, counting down to when it is due to collect, along with, in the case of Mughals, the extra goods you will receive with the collection by having the set pieces correctly attached. Perhaps it could be added at the top of the Resource Overview?

Last edited:
Well, this is not a trend-breaking settlement, patience is required and should be played like a slow running background task.
I'm not sure what is the most fun, settlements or watching paint dry.

Chanla

Private
I am, for the first time in FoE, going to delete this settlement. I don’t see the point of having goods production buildings that you can’t use through lack of Rupees. 800 a day from the embassy, 51 every 4 hours from the entry residential building. So if I’m keen and collect regularly I MIGHT be able to produce 10 goods every 24 hours. That doesn’t sound much like fun to me. For the record I am not a teenager that demands instant gratification. I like all the other 4 settlements. I play FoE as a leisuretime activity, not as a slow and boring obligation.

To balance this negative micro-feedback, I should declare that I think FoE is excellent. It’s the best game of its genre I’ve played and certainly the only one I’ve persisted with for as long as a year. So thank you to Inno. Please consider addressing design flaws in this settlement.
I'm with you here. It is sooooo boring that it defies the definition of being a game :-(. It's going in the dumpster for me too. Such a shame because the visual department have worked really hard to capture the light well and it looks beautiful. The game/tasks department need an urgent team meeting I think!

DpakoH

Private
I can confidently say, unless INNO changes diplomacy requirements for unlocking buildings, there is 0% you'll finish this settlement on time. I have unlocked all but two buildings, have goods to unlock last two but there is absolutely no way of getting that ridiculous 1260 diplomacy. I need to unlock other multiple settlement expansions to place diplomacy buildings, which will consume my goods I left for unlocking last 2 buildings and only 2 days left for completing this within time frame given.
Do yourselves a favor, skip this one. Boring and generally poorly thought through and executed. This settlement is recommended for masochists because don't know who else enjoys it, shame though, a pretty but broken picture.

Last edited:
I can confidently say, unless INNO changes diplomacy requirements for unlocking buildings, there is 0% you'll finish this settlement on time. I have unlocked all but two buildings, have goods to unlock last two but there is absolutely no way of getting that ridiculous 1260 diplomacy. I need to unlock other multiple settlement expansions to place diplomacy buildings, which will consume my goods I left for unlocking last 2 buildings and only 2 days left for completing this within time frame given.
Do yourselves a favor, skip this one. Boring and generally poorly thought through and executed.

They have thought this settlement out extremely well!

They have Giant databases to compute Exactly how much they can haul in with this settlement.
They know who & how much they are willing to spend on this one.
They know what the "threshold of pain" is for all those playing this settlement and how long (or how little) time will be acceptable to complete each level. ► Their databases give them undeniable results when computed.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Do yourselves a favor, skip this one. Boring and generally poorly thought through and executed. This settlement is recommended for masochists because don't know who else enjoys it, shame though, a pretty but broken picture.

The above statement reminds of the recent whining comment about the Aztecs and how you had to pay so many diamonds to remove obstacles. How much Inno was expecting people to pay to play the settlement. In the end - it was all baloney, as the settlement could easily be done within full time limits (i.e. full 15 fragment bonus) with not a diamond required. But because too many players want immediate reward and are unable to develop strategy - they instead go around whining how impossible it is.
Mughal Empire however, admittedly, I have not tried it yet, but that is mostly because (a) I still have 1.5 rounds of Aztec to finish the final building and (b) the Mughal reward building is not something I would build in my City, so there is little desire to try it - though I probably will eventually do 2 rounds of it, strictly for the FP emmisary.

DpakoH

Private
The above statement reminds of the recent whining comment about the Aztecs and how you had to pay so many diamonds to remove obstacles.
Mughal Empire however, admittedly, I have not tried it yet, but that is mostly because (a) I still have 1.5 rounds of Aztec to finish the final building and (b) the Mughal reward building is not something I would build in my City, so there is little desire to try it - though I probably will eventually do 2 rounds of it, strictly for the FP emmisary.

So maybe try it first before you comment?

DpakoH

Private
They have thought this settlement out extremely well!

They have Giant databases to compute Exactly how much they can haul in with this settlement.
They know who & how much they are willing to spend on this one.
They know what the "threshold of pain" is for all those playing this settlement and how long (or how little) time will be acceptable to complete each level. ► Their databases give them undeniable results when computed.

By all accounts, play Mughal, I don't care. My opinion stays the same - good main building, but not worth the pain.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I am not a fan of this settlement for all the reasons in this thread but also one more:
Long time players of this game are no longer interested in fps, goods, medals, production etc.
The only thing of interest is attack and defence. There is no incentive for experienced players to acquire the Temple or the Minaret therefore they will skip this settlement.

That is a blessing more then a curse, by making the building terrible, it doesn't require you to spend a month + doing the settlement once.

I Just don't get it. They made Egypt great, the combat is done well and its a fun settlement side project that you can do while relaxing and not needing to babysit it, even letting you double dip with 2x loot and 2x goods. Then Aztech came around and they said it'd be "harder then vikings" and I knew it'd be annoying to complete as Vikings was the worst of the original 3. Then they go and outdo themselves again with another terrible babysitting settlement.

There is no argument for new players to do this, why do this when the other settlements are easier and give better rewards? And with how long it takes, by the time they are done the Objectively better settlements, they don't need FP's/Medals/supplies/coins/production boosts ect. anymore.

This one should be entirely re-designed. Unless its as others say, they did it like this to squeeze diamonds out of people.

Burpo

Sergeant
Unfortunately your math is a little out.
I have completed this settlement twice within the required timeframe WITHOUT the use of diamonds.
The first time I obtained maximum rewards and still had 6 days left.
The same for the second time with 7 days left!
I only just managed 1260 diplomacy without needing to open new expansions. That is the hardest task of the whole settlement.
You have to pick and choose VERY carefully which expansions you open and which impediments you remove.
And you have to plan this out in advance. It is a very clever puzzle to solve and only people who like challenges will succeed.

PomPoms

Sergeant
I only just managed 1260 diplomacy without needing to open new expansions. That is the hardest task of the whole settlement.
You have to pick and choose VERY carefully which expansions you open and which impediments you remove.
And you have to plan this out in advance. It is a very clever puzzle to solve and only people who like challenges will succeed.

And that seems a bit wrong to me, that you have to like challenges or perhaps even be good at puzzle solving in order to succeed. There are many people who play this game, who have neither of those attributes, does that mean they have to skip it?
However, in saying that, I have been playing without any particular rush or effort, I will finish it, and be just over the bronze chest time. I will do it again, as now that I have a slightly better grasp of it, I may do better, although, I see no need to rush on any rounds of it.

Burpo

Sergeant
And that seems a bit wrong to me, that you have to like challenges or perhaps even be good at puzzle solving in order to succeed. There are many people who play this game, who have neither of those attributes, does that mean they have to skip it?
No, it just means that it will take a little bit longer or a lot longer depending on how clever you are and how much effort you put in.
6 days grace is an awful lot of leftover time. You can achieve heaps of extra goods production and open more expansions with that much time.
The 3rd time through I am taking it much easier.

Samantha237

Private
Hi guys,

This is a hell of a lot harder than the other settlements. It has been a complete headache, and I finally get to the last quest, and you want another 50 of each good and 1500 diplomacy. The only way to get all that is to do the goods first and then get rid of all of it which is going to take over 3 days again. This settlement sucks the fun right out of the game!!!!!

Jouchka

Private
This diplomacy required are not a clever puzzle, it's just stupid if you have to destroy your whole settlement every time you have to open a new technology.
It is just slowing down your progress, like this whole settlement is based on slowing down your progress. The production are hardly enough to keep on producing, the production buildings come way too far in the tech the quests make sure you cannot plan too much in advance. Everything in this settlement is focused on slowing down, which makes it extremely boring. And the reward: after a month of struggling when you are lucky you will get emissionary that returns one silly FP. Most other cases you know that you have to work hard for 8 months to get something that probably -by that time- is already overpowered by other buildings.

Jouchka

Private
The 50 of each good needed is actually a blessing in disguise because it allows you to open a few more expansions so you can make 1500 diplomacy for the last quest.
Call me a glutton for punishment because I am going to run it again to see if the extra rupees from the quests help.
So what you say is next time they can make it even sillier and request 100 goods, then they can even request for more diplomacy.
No, adding something that takes sooooo much time is only idiot and never can be called a blessing.

Last edited:

Burpo

Sergeant
So what you say is next time they can make it even sillier and request 100 goods, then they can even request for more diplomacy.
No, adding something that takes sooooo much time is only idiot and never can be called a blessing.
As long as they provide enough time to complete it (and they have) then it is OK.
I must admit that I would not be able to finish this settlement in time if I was still working in RL.
But the settlement is challenging and it will require dedication to see it through to the end.
BRING ON THE CHALLENGE!!!

Burpo

Sergeant
My biggest dissatisfaction with this settlement is the HUGE imbalance of goods required for some techs.
In my current run, the 2nd last tech requires 6 Sarees, 5 Spices, 4 Lotuses and ... 205 Basmatis !!!

azle

Private
So ive kicked off my first Mughal’s settlement (Art work is fab!!! Looks the goods and blows all others out of the water!), but like soo many others before me I agree that it’s a slooooooow old start! That said, I am a massive fan of Cultural Settlements, one of my favourite aspects of the game, so whilst im not super happy with the mechanics ill get around it because im a fan.. Much like when your team are losing or your favourite band releases an album that blows, you buy tickets anyway because you support the cause.. So ill see this through! BUT!! Please please please could you tweak the time reward (Minaret). I think Inno have a real opportunity here to reward those that support the settlement.. Given the heavy effort put into how the Settlement works, i.e. the Set mechanics.. there is a real opportunity to also introduce a set mechanic into the time reward (Minaret). I would suggest adding another level (Level 5).. upon selection of level 5 the player could choose between a variety of options (attack / defence bonus / goods / forge points (if that tickles your fancy!?!), much like those opportunities presented on Event Buildings.. However the additional bonus would only be triggered if the Minaret was chained to the Settlement Reward (Mughal’s Temple).. Thoughts?

I would suggest adding another level (Level 5).. . Thoughts?

Well, settlements are mostly repetitive time-fillers, this one especially!
Having done them all at least once I would prefer a break into something completely different (like a prolonged mini shipping event for example)