• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire - Feedback

Burpo

Sergeant
I will persevere with Mughal until I finish this once. Then I will not play it again - it is not fun and it is not enjoyable.
The Egyptian settlement is best despite the previous comment by Corpus.
I love the battles and there are only 3 per day so they do not take much time.

I will persevere with Mughal until I finish this once. Then I will not play it again - it is not fun and it is not enjoyable.
Cheer up, :) whilst I agree with your comments, you might feel better when it's done.
Very easy to be negative on a forum. I'm often guilty myself but take time to enjoy the roses.

Jouchka

Private
This is a feedback thread, not a guide on how to play the settlement. Kindly stick to feedback.
The post is feedback... It illustrates how bad this settlement is. It is boring and the decrease in production efficiency will even make it more boring and frustrating. I personally don't mind that it takes a long time to finish a settlement, egypt was nice. But you had more techs to research so you always felt you were progressing. In this settlement whatever strategy you deploy, the only thing you have to do is to wait....

Burpo

Sergeant
The post is feedback... It illustrates how bad this settlement is. It is boring and the decrease in production efficiency will even make it more boring and frustrating. I personally don't mind that it takes a long time to finish a settlement, egypt was nice. But you had more techs to research so you always felt you were progressing. In this settlement whatever strategy you deploy, the only thing you have to do is to wait....
I think Knight of Ice was correct, I was trying to provide tips on how to complete the settlement rather than providing feedback.
It was a bit of both because my feedback was: the later buildings should be more efficient, not less efficient as is the case here.

Burpo

Sergeant
Cheer up, :) whilst I agree with your comments, you might feel better when it's done.
Very easy to be negative on a forum. I'm often guilty myself but take time to enjoy the roses.
One positive feedback is: I am going to be one of the few people to complete this settlement AND complete it on time.
Yay me :)
The only way I could do this I got the sack at the beginning of the pandemic and I have nothing to do but play FoE all day, every day :)

Burpo

Sergeant
Sigh - you would not believe how difficult it was to generate 1260 diplomacy for the last tech.
Finally on to the last quest and now I need 1500 diplomacy.
Working on the 50 of each good first.
Almost there and still just under 8 days left.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Due to the difficulties of playing this settlement, I am only going for the main building. Trying for speed will just be stressful! Setting up the diplomacy is just too fiddly. Destroying your entire layout just to put in chained buildings is really dumb. What is the point? You delete them all again straight away, but then have to wait a couple of hours to get production back up and running (or maybe crawling). This has to be the worst one yet for playability, it gives me a ‘I just can’t be bothered’ vibe.

Burpo

Sergeant
Well, finally finished my first Mughal Settlement with 6 days left for maximum bonus.
Time is not a problem but it requires constant effort.
The 50 of each good needed is actually a blessing in disguise because it allows you to open a few more expansions so you can make 1500 diplomacy for the last quest.
Call me a glutton for punishment because I am going to run it again to see if the extra rupees from the quests help.

I got very excited when this was released- the graphics are lovely, and so are the reward buildings. But as the others have said, it just takes too long, and I'm finding the initial stage tedious. Even raising the level of rupees the first residential buildings produce might make it more rewarding, and enable more goods to be produced. I would love to go through all the levels, but I'm not sure I can remain interested enough to stick it out.

Malynn

Corporal
I gave up with the Mughal settlement, as I said earlier, painfully slow and painfully boring. It just wasn’t any fun at all. I think we have now provided plenty of feedback about this settlement - it would now be nice to see a response/reply from the developers to all our feedback.

Burpo

Sergeant
The second run through is much better than the first.
You know what to expect and it is actually quite relaxing for the first 6 days because there is nothing to do :)

Burpo

Sergeant
you spent diamonds then
No I did not spend any diamonds.
Never spend diamonds on a settlement because it is a waste for no gain.
But this Mughal Settlement requires a lot attention - I got up in the middle of the night a couple of times to keep my collections going.
I also got lucky with the expansions I chose. Make sure you get maximum benefit from the alleys and water canals.

Burpo

Sergeant
I wonder if the bonus reward goods are random?
For both of my settlements I received Sarees followed by Basmatis followed by Lotuses.
Sounds a bit suss.

OrionMnt

Corporal
Started later, but still managed to do it on time (FTP) with a lot of min-maxing, planning, which means 90-95% of players wont be able to do it for the full reward, probably not even for 2nd best, which means there will be a lot of whining and the settlement will be nerfed sooner or later (the current nerf for extra money might not be enough)Just feels kinda bad, especially the first days to wait for coins from normal houses...

Burpo

Sergeant
I wonder if the bonus reward goods are random?
For both of my settlements I received Sarees followed by Basmatis followed by Lotuses.
Sounds a bit suss.
The rewards are random, I just got 2 lotuses in a row. Didn't get that the first time.

Burpo

Sergeant
Here is an interesting bit of news for you.
The 4x bonus on goods production also applies to the main building.
I just got 60 bonus goods (instead of 15) and 3200 rupees (instead of 800) from my Embassy.
Very nice unexpected present.

Burpo

Sergeant
I have changed my mind about this settlement.
Yes it is long and perhaps boring BUT it is new and different.
Being different, it requires you to think harder about how to complete it successfully and I like a challenge.
I was waiting for months to try a different settlement because the others were becoming old and stale.

Puablo

Corporal
This is one of the worst additions to this game ........ ever. Tried it once, gave it a go, will not try it again, rather go back to watching the green paint dry on my new garden lawn!!!!!!!