• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire - Feedback

Burpo

Sergeant
Ouch, even with the Chhatri open it is still slow going and you can only support 1 goods building.
Need to get a few expansions before you can earn enough rupees for 2 goods buildings.
The first chained set only gives an extra 5 goods per day.
This settlement needs constant attention and 1 hour productions at the moment.

Madmire

Private
Long time players of this game are no longer interested in fps, goods, medals, production etc.
The only thing of interest is attack and defence. There is no incentive for experienced players to acquire the Temple or the Minaret therefore they will skip this settlement.

I've always been kind of curious over this type of complaint, but its based on an assumption that all the att/def bonus obsession is driven by a desire to do more battles in GbG. But the only thing GbG gives is FP, goods and diamonds. So instead of asking that all event buildings, settlement rewards, etc give att/def then why not ask that all these buildings reward diamonds like the Crows Nest and that way you can skip all that OCD clicking/tapping in GBG in the first place.

Burpo

Sergeant
I've always been kind of curious over this type of complaint, but its based on an assumption that all the att/def bonus obsession is driven by a desire to do more battles in GbG. But the only thing GbG gives is FP, goods and diamonds. So instead of asking that all event buildings, settlement rewards, etc give att/def then why not ask that all these buildings reward diamonds like the Crows Nest and that way you can skip all that OCD clicking/tapping in GBG in the first place.
Not a bad thought Madmire, I wish I had the Mughal Temple earlier in my game. However, because you can have so many fights in GbG, the hit rate for diamonds is greater than it is for Crows Nest where you only get 1 chance per day. Even the number of diamonds for a hit is better which is just silly.

Last edited:

zrzka

Private
Problem is low amount of rupees and lots of workers doing nothing in the beginning (I play this only two days) caused by that first rupees producing building (Chhatri) is unlocked as a 4 technology, what is late and Saare Weaver is open to early. If Chhatri will be second in technology tree and Saare Weaver 3. (not 2 like it is now) and Shanti Ghar 4. (not 3 like it is now) it would be possible produce rupees when they are needed. Logically, sarees as a resource for opening technology can not be required earlier then Saare Weaver technology is unlocked.

Madmire

Private
The first 6 days or so are certainly a snoozefest. 5.4 days to get enough goods for a Chhatri, then another half day to get enough sarees to buy some expansions to actually make use of it.

Burpo

Sergeant
Oh boy, breaking this thing down, then trying to find enough diplomacy, then building it back up again is an absolute PAIN!
You need to delete all your goods buildings and a couple of your population buildings and maybe even one or 2 Chhatris even though they give some diplomacy. Then you have to move everything around so you can chain the alleys and canals.
After you have reached the required diplomacy and opened the tech, you delete the alleys and canals and rearrange everything again. Then you need to rebuild your pops and wait and hour. Then you can rebuild your goods buildings which take another hour.
And you will have to do all this with EACH NEW TECH!
Sigh.
At least most of my impediments are in a convenient position so I don't have to remove many.
I hate to think what it will be like if they are all in the middle of the expansions.

Last edited:

Burpo

Sergeant
I have some more bad news.
I just calculated that the 2nd and 3rd Set Buildings are actually less efficient than the 1st one.
The Chhatri produces 62 rupees per 4 squares per 23 population. 62/4/23 = 0.67 rupees per square per pop.
The Baldachin is 162 rupees per 9 squares per 51 pop. 162/9/51 = 0.35
The Charbagh is 356 rupees per 15 squares per 84 pop. 356/15/84 = 0.28
It looks like you should only build 1 Baldachin and 1 Charbagh to get the set bonus.

Knight of ICE

I have some more bad news.
I just calculated that the 2nd and 3rd Set Buildings are actually less efficient than the 1st one.
The Chhatri produces 62 rupees per 4 squares per 23 population. 62/4/23 = 0.67 rupees per square per pop.
The Baldachin is 162 rupees per 9 squares per 51 pop. 162/9/51 = 0.35
The Charbagh is 356 rupees per 15 squares per 84 pop. 356/15/84 = 0.28
It looks like you should only build 1 Baldachin and 1 Charbagh to get the set bonus.

This is a feedback thread, not a guide on how to play the settlement. Kindly stick to feedback.

Milarepa

Private
This settlement is a joke. The worst settlement by far. It has such poor balance to the point it is almost unplayable with 4 hour rupee collections. I've spent 10 days to get to the 3rd goods building. Most of the time I didn't have enough rupees to support production in 2 goods buildings. 12 days left but I doubt I can finish the settlement in time. Not enough rupees to support 8 hour production in 3 goods buildings 3 times per day. And this is only level 1, the easiest.
Buildings don't produce enough rupees, roads are very expensive considering how little rupees player has at his disposal, the play is painfully slow. It took me 10 days to produce 300+ goods, 12 days left to produce 800+ goods. Not to mention, the player must delete almost all buildings to meet diplomacy requirements and thus lose one more 4 hour cycle.
I wonder what was the point with this settlement? To force people spend thousands of diamonds on expansions if they want to finish it in time?
I thought Aztec settlement was bad but Aztec settlement plays like a dream compared to this one.

Last edited:

realgregski

Private
I am not a fan of this settlement for all the reasons in this thread but also one more:
Long time players of this game are no longer interested in fps, goods, medals, production etc.
The only thing of interest is attack and defence. There is no incentive for experienced players to acquire the Temple or the Minaret therefore they will skip this settlement.
Agreed, but not even long time players any more. What's the point of FPs from a building when you have enough already and boosts from GBG? Medals? I got my expansions and we don't all play GVG AA... pfft

realgregski

Private
That is only a way of looking at it, same as 20% chance of getting one. :rolleyes:
After only two weeks it's only proved to be about 10% or one every two days
There have been twice as many days without spawn and only one day with two.
If after 2 weeks it has proved to be about 10% then the 20% number is .... meaningless?

If after 2 weeks it has proved to be about 10% then the 20% number is .... meaningless?
It's the number Inno quote 20.1 % or chance that a level 4 Flying Island is supposed to have at spawning a settlement shard every 4 hours which on average would work out to be one every 20 hours.
So at 10%, it's not working as intended and possibly a reason players are saying it's a poor rewarding GB. At higher levels, it gets better but not by much.

The new Mughal settlement is nearly as bad, virtually unplayable with the time it takes to do things; shame as it visually looks great!

edit suggestion: Double buildings rupee production and reduce FI shard spawn chance from 4 to 2 hours (adding a few rupees to quests hardly pays for a path at 200 for one piece)

Last edited:

realgregski

Private
FI is meant to have a chance of spawning a shard every 4 hours = 6 times a day.
So even at low levels with a 20% chance players should expect at least one shard a day on average.
I often have to wait two days for even one so I suspect it is not performing as intended.
Please keep to the topic of feedback on the settlement and not how to play the game. As I was informed previously.

For me, the only reason to play boring settlements again is because of Flying island.
However, I have noticed some recent producer reward decisions have been very pay to win before having fun. I have seen many games do it and ruined because they want more and more income. getting more fun or free-to-play is a dying trend.

Burpo

Sergeant
I have noticed another issue with the Mughal Settlement.
I am close to reaching the 2nd last tech (which is the 3rd Set building - Charbagh).
By the time you get this far it is likely you will have enough of one or two of the goods needed to finish.
For example, I already have enough sarees to finish. Yet the bonus goods I will receive are sarees - useless!
I still need 185 Basmatis for the last tech - SUPER unbalanced!!!
The last quest requires you to gather 50 of each good which will take a couple of days as you cannot support more than 4 goods buildings.
You should at least be able to use your stock to supply the 50 of each good needed.

Corpus

Private
I have abandoned Mughal Settlement after 3 days and will NEVER play it again - I can't build enough houses to make enough coins to manufacture any goods without buying loads of diamonds or sitting on the settlement for weeks and weeks. Worst settlement ever. Previously I tried and abandoned Egypt twice because settlement battles are way outside my idea of 'fun'. My favourite is Japan with Aztec close second. Viking third. Newer ones have fantastic artwork at the expense of gameplay. Should I wish to purchase a painting' I'll purchase a painting.