• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG troops guild option for mobile players?

Myself got the information like mobile players not possible to do anything on GvG. But being part of guild, did not find any other way to add troops on the respective age from my side. Actually not allowing to play GvG in mobile is fine but not allowing any way to add troops in GvG is not good. As part of the guild, while seeing the message from guild leaders like needs troops on specific age, not doing anything as a mobile player feels little guilty.

I hope they eventually do find a way for players on mobile to contribute to GvG in some capacity soon. Don’t underestimate how much of the player base plays exclusively on their phones.

RegV

Corporal
I hope they eventually do find a way for players on mobile to contribute to GvG in some capacity soon. Don’t underestimate how much of the player base plays exclusively on their phones.
I don't think Inno underestimates that at all. I think they know exactly how many are exclusively on their phones. They also know how many PC players there are, and how many of them participate in GVG. It's a small number (~5%). They have said, more than once, that they aren't going to invest much more into GVG. If you want to play, buy a cheap PC. Your phone probably cost more.

If you want to play, buy a cheap PC
Buying is not a problem any time, playing the game in one location all the time seems little..no no huge difficult for myself.
For guild ranking GvG is the primary source, and as a mobile players just an audience when the guild rank increase or decrease.
Will wait and see if any time it is getting a chance for it.

Will be happy to have something similar to event hub like 'GvG Troop Base' presented in the city map itself to add troops as a guild member from my respective age. If a person leaves the guild, same warning message given for 'Arc' GB can be given for 'GvG troop base'. Do not see any trouble, may be myself not sure how the current add troops option works in PC under GvG.

Knight of ICE

They are not looking for a way, so that is not likely to happen. GvG will stay as it is. It will not be developed any further.

They are not looking for a way, so that is not likely to happen. GvG will stay as it is. It will not be developed any further.
Don't want to change anything from current GvG. It will be okay to allow mobile players or pc players to add GvG troops from city area itself similar to 'event hub' with age/era criteria from the army units. IMO, having that change won't cause any trouble to existing GvG.

Knight of ICE

Don't want to change anything from current GvG. It will be okay to allow mobile players or pc players to add GvG troops from city area itself similar to 'event hub' with age/era criteria from the army units. IMO, having that change won't cause any trouble to existing GvG.

So you don't want to change, but you want to change. Makes sense.

So you don't want to change, but you want to change. Makes sense.
See myself guessing like PC users entering the GvG area or location to add troops, Sorry if my guessing was wrong. With that big assumption, asking the way for mobile users to add troops without entering GvG area which is from city area itself like 'event hub' building newly added, can have GVG troop base located somewhere in the city. Do not want to enter current GvG area itself as a mobile player to add troops, since the same logic can be applicable for PC users to add troops from city area. Because of this understanding said like 'Don't want to change anything from current GvG' since not wished to enter at all. Hence, said like, 'Having the requested change which myself expecting won't cause any trouble to existing GvG'. Hope you understood what myself trying to convey here.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Not sure why it wasn’t implemented years ago or hasn’t been thought about in depth, maybe because there is no money to be made from GvG, latest changes to game ie GbG, PvP even then monthly events how now been about generating more revenues for the Inno Developers, so time is money as the saying goes so they will not waste time with a feature that makes £0.00 for them

Knight of ICE

Not sure why it wasn’t implemented years ago or hasn’t been thought about in depth, maybe because there is no money to be made from GvG, latest changes to game ie GbG, PvP even then monthly events how now been about generating more revenues for the Inno Developers, so time is money as the saying goes so they will not waste time with a feature that makes £0.00 for them

Did you miss the Announcement?

Would participation rate improve if we added the current GvG feature to the mobile client?

Yes, it would. Would the experience overall be much better than on browser? The answer is unfortunately, no. Technically speaking, there are too many restraints to offer a convincing experience on mobile. So, also here we decided against taking this step.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Did you miss the Announcement?

Would participation rate improve if we added the current GvG feature to the mobile client?

Yes, it would. Would the experience overall be much better than on browser? The answer is unfortunately, no. Technically speaking, there are too many restraints to offer a convincing experience on mobile. So, also here we decided against taking this step.
Well that’s just an opinion and not really tested that’s what the beta server is for to try things out

Forwandert

Major-General
It's the opinion on the devs

My memories not the best these days but I'm sure around the time of the mobile apps being released there was some issues with combining things from the computer version due to the way Foe was written. Seem to recall some discussion/announcement at the time (please dont ask when, I read a lot of things). It was pretty much the same year the apps came out or within a year they stopped adding eras to gvg, so I'm guessing it was something even then they didn't feel they could work around and although gvg was left in place there hasn't really been anything apart from bug fixes in the last 4/5 years.

there hasn't really been anything apart from bug fixes in the last 4/5 years
Not quite true, actually. They tried this 3 resets a day thing, which they quickly rolled back. That was in 2019 and only on the EN server as an extended beta test.

Guild vs Guild Recalculation time changes | Forge of Empires Forum

Guild vs Guild Improvements Update | Forge of Empires Forum
We will of course continue to address bugs found in GvG, but our main focus in terms of feature changes, or changes to the overall functionality of GvG will be refocused as our Development team shifts its efforts towards other upcoming features.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

And there lies the biggest sadness in the game.

For those of us who have been in the game long enough, you will remember when Inno nerfed the points system based on the fact players were using GvG to farm fights/points, and here we are now with a game element GbG that is far exceeding this type of abuse, since the introduction of GbG, the ranking system has gone to pot.