• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.209 Feedback

slouch1993

Private
Regardless of what is the thinking behind the way that trade offers are sorted, (Obviously friends before guild members before all else, and possibly by order of either fairness, or benefit to the accepter, or size, or the user's day's offer's serial number) it is declutterable.

My suggestion is to let the each user decide for themselves if they like the current setup, in which is, simply put, first you choose the offer, then you choose your counterpart.

The details are:

Let's say I have 20+ friends. let's say one day all of them wanted to trade. 3 of them sent the same identical offer (same goods ,same amounts) twice, and another 4 sent offers that were not identical to their other offers, but identical to other friends' offers, and others sent offers that were also sent by non-friends.

make every identical offer from everyone combined, or essentially duplicated offer, show only once.

On each duplicated offer, if the people that made that offer include at least one friend, put the friends icon. If they include no friends but at least one guild member, the guild member icon. Otherwise, the 3rd icon
Once a specific duplicated offer was clicked, make a scroll down list of the people that made in the order FoE Mgmt. sees fit, with an indicator of friends, guild members or none. (it is of course possible that a number of usernames will appear side be side if FoE don't want one username to occupy the whole width of the offers window).
Now let's say I, the user, accepted an offer from the friend that was first in the list, and that friend made other offers, or the same offer, multiple times. FoE can dictate that the offers window would be auto-refreshed after I excepted the offer, so if I'll still be searching for offers, but the order changes, (for instance if a friend that already traded today is no longer a high priority), the new order will reflect on the window! In my opinion, same affect, less clutter, and as I said, if FoE make it optional, so the users that disagree will have their way.

For your judgement!

slouch1993

Private
For such a simple method that the Market and trades work currently, you sure want to clutter and confuse it up.
To me it seems you don't have to go through a lot of the same offers that doesn't apply to you, which is especially good if balance your goods daily, not just when you need them. But that's me, I don't represent everyone. that's why I suggested having my setup to be optional

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
I'm dreaming of the day when market will become stock exchange. Global (not only friends-guild-hood), with bid-ask things and so on. Would be truly awesome and would finally kick goodbye to 1:2 trade ratios.
Guess I'll never see it :(

Sly OwlBeard

Private

r21r

Major-General
Not to sure if this is a bug, a calculation thing or a hard cap.
there is a default cap on 2billion 147million (etc) maybe they didn't rem
I'm dreaming of the day when market will become stock exchange. Global (not only friends-guild-hood), with bid-ask things and so on.
had such market on another game, was usefull and competetive.
also had normal currency, and premium currency, for example, you could sell an item for 4.000 diamonds, not only 400 FP's.
they had an "auction" system aswell !

Emberguard

Legend
Regardless of what is the thinking behind the way that trade offers are sorted, (Obviously friends before guild members before all else, and possibly by order of either fairness, or benefit to the accepter, or size, or the user's day's offer's serial number) it is declutterable.
Right now pretty sure it's only ordered by trade ratio

make every identical offer from everyone combined, or essentially duplicated offer, show only once.
Love the idea as a concept

On each duplicated offer, if the people that made that offer include at least one friend, put the friends icon. If they include no friends but at least one guild member, the guild member icon. Otherwise, the 3rd icon
Once a specific duplicated offer was clicked, make a scroll down list of the people that made in the order FoE Mgmt. sees fit, with an indicator of friends, guild members or none. (it is of course possible that a number of usernames will appear side be side if FoE don't want one username to occupy the whole width of the offers window).
Personally I'd be prioritising Guild Members over every other player for one simple reason: Guild members can trade for free. Friends and Neighbours require spending Forge Points to trade

had such market on another game, was usefull and competetive.
also had normal currency, and premium currency, for example, you could sell an item for 4.000 diamonds, not only 400 FP's.
they had an "auction" system aswell !
Yeah, global markets in games can work well when the systems in place are designed for it. For Forge of Empires a global market would likely need some streamlining to reduce the clutter of duplicate offers or give more screen space so there's less scrolling to get to the trades wanted. I'm definitely in favour of a global marketplace, but I would also like the interface upgraded to better support it.

r21r

Major-General
definately not a programer, though i've seen it working on java servers and was very easy to use and helpfull, both for the seller and the buyer !

Emberguard

Legend
This is a different bug.
The one you have linked is about people on your friends list showing as tavern full when they are not.
The issue I'm talking about is my tavern count never changing, so I don't know when its full or not without opening.
They may be related but are not the same issue
Check 1.210 update. Looking it over I see a bugfix in it for taverns. Maybe that means it’ll be fixed in the next update?

I can see players' era in the Players, Medals, Great Buildings, and PvP Arena Tabs, which is a great feature, but not in the Guild Profile. And as an active player, who is always looking for top guild same-age friends, would like to see this feature implemented in the Guild Profile Member List too.

Any chance for this ^ to happen? Because I personally I change friends every time I age up, as I need active same era friends for trading and the only tool we currently have for this is the "Find Friends" option where we can add max 12 same age players and it refreshes only once in 24h I think, which makes it pretty much useless...