• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
the thing i find about the 1,9 theads is the hordes of players who end up posting up many gbs at the same time, once there is a long list of players all needing slots taken i swtich off, i prefere swap threads and i think you will find many long time players dont really give a fig about being snipped, what is the big deal ? you are getting your gb leveled and that is all that really counts, so many players now live in paranioa over being snipped ? far better to not worry about it and just get on with the game
Sounds like very similar comments that can be used when you are getting plundered. Don't worry about it and just get on with the game.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
I think, for some players - even some experienced, veteran players, it's simply just easier to use the swaps than to bother with all the 1.9 math
Especially if your collection is past 1k. No, I mean I've seen guilds which provide 100+200+300 swaps. But 1k is a wee bit too much, most GBs will be leveled with those amounts. And those which won't, sniped.
You need a math brain or a calculator, and you need to learn how the 1.9 system works. It's much easier and faster to just make a swap, even if you know it's risky and inefficient.
Or you need a simple addon and/or a simple site, which we cannot name here.
In any case, that's not something that you recommend to newbies - even if you aren't into 1.9, not understanding that swaps would hinder newbies' development is something from beyond.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
they should really ban 1,9 threads and get rid of the ark, lets see how good players are without there little helpers, ? this game was a great game when it was first out, right upunt
Just removing arc is enough, 1.9 will become 1.x. But it won't happen, they tend to decrease the gap between old and new players, not increase it.
Getting to 100+ on all GBs will be ridiculously hard, while a lot of players already have that.
Yep, I'd agree that arc made the game worse.
the thing i find about the 1,9 theads is the hordes of players who end up posting up many gbs at the same time, once there is a long list of players all needing slots taken i swtich off
That's a known problem, in most established threads such thing doesn't happen - a lot of players with arcs past 80 who have profit from taking spots.

Ev4ma

Captain
they should really ban 1,9 threads and get rid of the ark, lets see how good players are without there little helpers, ? this game was a great game when it was first out, right upfront
Hmm, the Arc is an asset many players love, only a few people dislike them. Many players would be upset and annoyed. I don't have access to a 1.9 thread and I don't have a high arc and I know the game is not effected if I had those or not. The Arc is an amazing building and I know it can solve a lot of problems. If you don't like the arc well, don't have it in your city.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Hmm, the Arc is an asset many players love, only a few people dislike them. Many players would be upset and annoyed. I don't have access to a 1.9 thread and I don't have a high arc and I know the game is not effected if I had those or not. The Arc is an amazing building and I know it can solve a lot of problems. If you don't like the arc well, don't have it in your city.
the ark came first, then some bright spark did the maths and worked out players can rocket through levels using a 1.9 formula, something i am sure the game devs never thought about as they dont seem to pay much attention to details like that in the game lol
i know players like it as it makes the game so very easy to rocket through levels, maybe because when i first started playing there was no 1,9 or an ark, the highest level you could take a gb was level 10, i think it kept the game in balence as now its all over the place with small players in low era having higher gbs and doing incrediable thngs that really they shouldnt until they have moved up in era just like we all had to do in the old days when the game was new, the ark and 1.9 has thrown all the balence in this game out of the window, in my eyes

I don’t think so. I didn’t start a new thread and instead used this one titled as Great Buildings. Your answer is useless.
You should have started a new thread with your idea about including a specific building from the Netherlands. It has nothing to do with the original question about what a "swap" is.

Obviously useless trying to find any answers from the Wiki as Inno only give the kind of information any normal person could work out for themselves.

Can someone pls explain what a “swap” is as am getting no useful help from own new guild on this?
Inno's Wiki doesn't have info about swaps, because it's a player invention, not an official part of the game.

If you are content to make slow steady progress on your GBs you can budget a few FP per day and get it done yourself. If swap thread posters are reliable (a reasonable assumption in a well-run guild) then using a swap thread amounts to the same thing with a potential bonus... a good chance at some bonus FP packages (better than spend-now points) and some blueprints you wouldn't get otherwise. Not exactly a losing proposition.

As for snipers, my only issue is with the lost reward opportunities for my fellow guild members. If I'm worried about losing out on blueprints with one of my own bids I make sure I put in enough points from my FP reserve in inventory to secure my place.

If you build a GB without help you pay the full amount.*
If you use a Swap Thread you pay the full amount... but with potential bonuses (FP packages and blueprints).
Never said otherwise.

*Anyone can inspect your GB list, so this rarely happens Spontaneous contributors are common.

If you are content to make slow steady progress then the swap thread route may work for you. I like the flexibility (today I won 100 FP in GE, tomorrow I may have nothing to spare) and the chance to advertise my open GBs to guild members looking for blueprints. No pressure, no hassle.

As for the Arc approach, one could argue that it pays for itself eventually, but there is a pretty hefty upfront cost in real estate and goods. Then there is all the time, effort, and FP it takes to get that Arc up to Level 80 where the 1.9 calculation finally comes into its own. So not exactly free. More a question of priorities.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
If you build a GB without help you pay the full amount.*
No one should do it alone.

As for the Arc approach, one could argue that it pays for itself eventually, but there is a pretty hefty upfront cost in real estate and goods. Then there is all the time, effort, and FP it takes to get that Arc up to Level 80 where the 1.9 calculation finally comes into its own. So not exactly free. More a question of priorities.
You don't need arc at all to participate in 1.9 threads. It's important that people who take spots on your great buildings have it at 80.

RegV

Corporal
It's important that people who take spots on your great buildings have it at 80.
That isn't quite right. Anyone can take a spot on 1.9, as long as they pay 1.9. If their arc is <80, it will cost them some FPs, but may very well be worth the cost if they are after BPs or even medals.