• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

r21r

Major-General
from my point of view
untill season ~12, on Noarsil, Battlegrounds had 1 diamond map.
can you imagine how much competetive that was ? i can also understand that it might be stressful for some, but somebody has to win and lose right ?
i personaly, cannot find that joy anymore.. back then, all guilds would fight for survival, now they don't care because they know, there will be weaker guilds on the map, so they can be in diamond forever.
and that, made the feature poorer in my oppinion - i have farmed platinum too, it's not bad at all ! no reason for "meh, if no diamond, game should change"
those ~8 guilds that used to battle in one map, now are splitted, on 3-4-5 diamond maps.. so they can remain in diamond forever.
it's not a matter of strategy or tactic anymore :-(

it will only happen again, on a new world, for limited period..

nothing wrong about that

again, nothing wrong with how they decide to play their map. Though, it is "BattleGrounds" and not "PlayGrounds".

Here is the issue, putting those weak guilds in Diamond, only causes unbalance to the whole game.
They CAN grow up, in Gold Platinum, even Silver League, if the "Top" Guilds are so Strong, why do they need the weak ones on their map ? so they can bully the weak ?

On GvG, we have 1 map for all guilds.
On GbG we have 1 map for every 5-8 guilds and 5 different Leagues to Separate the guilds according to their performance.

putting them all together, contraverses with the design of the feature.

imagine a GvG, where everyone could make the same amount of prestige.
1.000 All Ages Maps - 1.000 Future Era Maps and so on.

Fun ?

Why do i have to farm the same or more amounts of fights, with my 5 man guild in Diamond ?
Do i deserve the same place on paradise with the 80 membered 100million points each member Guilds ?
Do we play the same amount of time ? or putted the same effort ? - No.
there is no reason for weak to be there, otherwise there is no reason to have Cooper - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond.
make 1 league for everyone
all I have ever tried to say is diamond 1000 should be named Guild Farming grounds and now 2 top guilds flagging at 159 united will beat 6 working alone at all times. ONE FIX 1 Adjustment 10% reduction in Camp effectiveness per open flag above 2 flags????? That may just solve the issue worth a try???? No?

r21r

Major-General
all I have ever tried to say is diamond 1000 should be named Guild Farming grounds and now 2 top guilds flagging at 159 united will beat 6 working alone at all times. ONE FIX 1 Adjustment 10% reduction in Camp effectiveness per open flag above 2 flags????? That may just solve the issue worth a try???? No?
how the guilds will play is ok for me.
the problem started, when they no more had to fight, because the formula brought them the losers.
before, they had to invent a strategy at least, which made the whole thing challenging and interesting in my oppinion.

i've seen many ideas, i also proposed 1-2, i do not know if SC effectiveness will solve the flawed (impo) mmr algorithm, but greatfinger said once about reseting the whole battlegrounds every 6 or so months, so we all start from 0 and move up according to our performance.
for sure it's not 100% perfect solution, missmatching with unequal guilds will happen, but those will be on the lower leagues, where rewards will be too small to bother investing goods for siege camps
GbG cannot be the same on older/newer worlds, treasuries are not the same so again, impo, dynamics should varry...

it's not that easy to find the golden line i think

how the guilds will play is ok for me.
the problem started, when they no more had to fight, because the formula brought them the losers.
before, they had to invent a strategy at least, which made the whole thing challenging and interesting in my oppinion.

i've seen many ideas, i also proposed 1-2, i do not know if SC effectiveness will solve the flawed (impo) mmr algorithm, but greatfinger said once about reseting the whole battlegrounds every 6 or so months, so we all start from 0 and move up according to our performance.
for sure it's not 100% perfect solution, missmatching with unequal guilds will happen, but those will be on the lower leagues, where rewards will be too small to bother investing goods for siege camps
GbG cannot be the same on older/newer worlds, treasuries are not the same so again, impo, dynamics should varry...

it's not that easy to find the golden line i think
Again may i stress a simple cheap fix that will not require crossworld expensive servers and bandwidth is every flag held open after flag 1 or preferably 2 reduces camp effectiveness by 10 % or more. 12 guild open flags means 100% of camps are rendered ZILCH. such an easy fix and force to really strategize.

r21r

Major-General
Again may i stress a simple cheap fix that will not require crossworld expensive servers and bandwidth is every flag held open after flag 1 or preferably 2 reduces camp effectiveness by 10 % or more. 12 guild open flags means 100% of camps are rendered ZILCH. such an easy fix and force to really strategize.
it might not be perfect but it is an idea.
thing is, inno has to make the call, ideas are plenty here and there ..

Once an attack is made on a sector it must be captured within 1 hour or All battles on it are lost. No sector holding until that Just Right Moment to capture - Capture the sector or lose all attempts/fights. and that guild must re-fight to take!

r21r

Major-General
that would balance the algorithm too :D

1 day for cooper
1 day for silver
12h for gold
3h for platinum
1h for diamond

with something like that

There's seems to be an inherent reduction in the Prize Percentages now (decreasing as if a thin-slice meat slicer is at work)- so I wouldn't worry to much about where this particular feature is going. As soon as everyone detects/sees the reduction, there will be less and less activity. Fortunately, I have acquired all the RTV's I plan to build.

r21r

Major-General
on average, from what i can remember, 1.000 fights = 1k or 1.5k FPs as average.
check again tomorrow, some days rewards are just fewer..

that would balance the algorithm too :D

1 day for cooper
1 day for silver
12h for gold
3h for platinum
1h for diamond

with something like that
I dont't see this today since GBG started but is going on any mod on why in Greifental international does My guilds GBG map have 1 single 3 camp province? and 2 GBG's ago we had 2 only?

Last edited by a moderator:

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
in O world my guild started this morning with a 1 camp sector on our doorstep and the 2nd sector available to us was also only a 1 camp sector...............................some guilds were straight into a 3 camp sector, oh well it is what it is but seriously Inno??????

r21r

Major-General
some guilds were straight into a 3 camp sector
on 3rd ring 3 slots ? i think it's maximum 2 slots on 3rd ring =/ (post a screen if so)
in O world my guild started this morning with a 1 camp sector on our doorstep and the 2nd sector available to us was also only a 1 camp sector
yes this has happened to me on many maps .. our side having 1 slot on 2 concecutive sectors (and 2 slots only on our 1st tier ring) but the other side had more slots. also vice versa... happens long time now.
no idea how it is triggered though, i've also seen maps with 3/4 middle sectors having 3 slots, and plenty 2nd tier sectors on the same map having 3 slots aswell.

PS just checked my map on S world, x4 3slot sectors

Monopolies are usually busted up into smaller groups- So it is with Guilds that have Monopolized Diamond Maps - Bust them up; as is right!

However, not sure what the intent about monopolies are in this day & age.

r21r

Major-General
more like a chess game, where rua mat doesn't exist for some, while others are being instantly rua mat

Emberguard

Legend
is every flag held open after flag 1 or preferably 2 reduces camp effectiveness by 10 % or more. 12 guild open flags means 100% of camps are rendered ZILCH. such an easy fix and force to really strategize.
What exactly do you mean by "flag"? Are we referring to the guild building? Or when you're attacking another province?

Either option would essentially remove siege camps completely from the game. You have 8 guilds and if every guild only attacks a single province or places a single banner you're already so close to rendering siege camps to 0% that you'd never be able to use them at all, you'd only have room for another 4 "flags"

That's not adding strategy to the game. That's just removing siege camps in a overly convoluted way. Would be better off just removing the building altogether or reducing its' percentage without adding new rules if those new rules don't add to the game in any meaningful manner

Last edited:
There's seems to be an inherent reduction in the Prize Percentages now (decreasing as if a thin-slice meat slicer is at work)- so I wouldn't worry to much about where this particular feature is going. As soon as everyone detects/sees the reduction, there will be less and less activity. Fortunately, I have acquired all the RTV's I plan to build.

Yep - it's on a downward spiral - the intense hundreds of clicks is quickly become a rather intense chore - redundancy intended - lol

vfrmark

Master Corporal
personally 3 changes needed
1) another level above diamond where only the top 20 guilds fight and ideally across all servers.
2) top guild at the end gets a 10% reduction in Siege Camp etc ability to reduce attrition, #2 gets 5% and this reduction is accumulative for each new session. alas the idea of giving the top guild a start of 20 attrition does do a lot when players have 3 SC supporting, but if 3 SC only work like 1 SC (due to accumulative reductions it hurts.
3) make the guilds picked truly random with their groups, today everyone knows this is not so.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Another GBG heartbreak I had to reject 2 great looking young players applications that were EMA and HMA that would almost surely force the guild to scramble for those era goods to build camps. A shame how much I enjoyed helping young players in the past to grow and prosper and now in order to camp GBG many guilds will not accept players if it means the treasury will be drained. What can one do but adapt i guess.

I tried similar feedback in March in the GBG feedback thread. The game has balance issues with the Space ages, the separate colony means these goods are super-plentiful; never before was it possible to store up 20-50K of goods in an age, but I have that and more in Mars and above. I played the same way VF and below, but could never amass more than 10K in any age. Major imbalance added to the game.

The side effect of siege camp greed (aka the whole point of GBG boiling down to build camps and farm with free attrition being all anyone does) is it encourages guilds NOT to take in new players, or in fact to want only the Space age players. And it's a shame because while my guild still takes in lower ages, we do have times where we 'suffer' for it; my stubbornness in persisting does make me resent that while we are not letting the effing camps dictate everything in our guild, the game is designed to disadvantage us for it.

And I got shot down by the same people as the poster above, back in March, for the same ridiculous reasons:
  1. Just make more Iron, EMA, HMA goods, and you can still take in the newbies! Sure, every higher level player is going to volunteer to donate a 10x10 space in his town to make a bunch of low age goods to support that (NOT!) This is totally missing the point. It's weird for a game to be slanted to where taking in newbies not only means you have to help them until they can carry their own weight, but it also actually punishes you personally as they interfere in your own ability to play. Where is the fun in this exactly?
  2. Control your greed, no one's forcing you to build siege camps! right, no one's forcing you to fill your town with buildings that make Forge points, goods, and 10-20 checkmate squares, botanical rotundas, carousels, and royal marble gateways either - but you do! Why? Because that's the strategy now effected by the poor game design which has taken variety out, unbalanced everything, and not only allowed but encouraged (antiques dealer selling them all day every day) multiple 10's of copies of rows of the same effing buildings everywhere. If you want to be competitive in the game, this is what you have to do. Let's live in reality of what the game actually is now, shall we?
  3. And my favorite - game exploits and greed are to be fixed by the players, not by the developers! Right. Hey guys, next time you see an exploit, don't ask anyone to fix the problem or restore balance, just walk away and pretend you didn't see it. Remember: It's not the developers fault when they add game mechanics that unbalance the game, it's the player's fault for playing with what they've been given! :sarcasm:
Go ahead, let the trolling begin!

Last edited: