• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

Wanting the best - I guess you can call it greed - try running your business or a guild with less than the best. See how long either lasts. Somebody will have to carry their weight; might as well be yourself then.

r21r

Major-General
A rather loose estimate and undocumented assumption - and fairly incorrect :D
been in 5-6 Guilds on Sinerania
6+ on Noarsil
a couple on Brisgard, and few on Cirgard.

to that, you could consider, the info i have from the rest players that i talk from time to time, either for chat, or while co-operating on Battlegrounds.

(they all have attack buildings in their cities, but on activity terms, they are "assisting" not fighting as "main")
i dare that the actual analogy, is even less.. but 1/7 is accurate for the guilds i've been so far.
GvG wise, it's way smaller....

PS - see the above comment of king "somebody will have to carry" how many would you say have that role within 80 cities ? just a guess ?

r21r

Major-General
what does positioning mean - other than pure status?
Extra Guild Power (more than the rest at least) , more SoH and RoV fragments , and ofc, the "we beated them" feeling.
Ranking is indeed meaningless, Guild Level is not though, but sadly (at least for me) in this game, the players turn to pick, the highest ranked guild for some reason... eh, you can't say it isn't affecting the rest parts... for good or bad..
my guild was ranked #14, was receiving applies very often, then went to #50, got none (could be the covid un-lockdown). now again on 2nd page #18, i got another apply... i dare it plays role because of the style of this community

been in 5-6 Guilds on Sinerania
6+ on Noarsil
a couple on Brisgard, and few on Cirgard.

to that, you could consider, the info i have from the rest players that i talk from time to time, either for chat, or while co-operating on Battlegrounds.

(they all have attack buildings in their cities, but on activity terms, they are "assisting" not fighting as "main")
i dare that the actual analogy, is even less.. but 1/7 is accurate for the guilds i've been so far.
GvG wise, it's way smaller....

PS - see the above comment of king "somebody will have to carry" how many would you say have that role within 80 cities ? just a guess ?
Well, it's not my experiences from all the guilds I've been in contact with.
My own main guild currently has 53 members with maybe 15-20 of them being fairly active in GbG. No one in the guild is designated farmers.

r21r

Major-General
My own main guild currently has 53 members with maybe 15-20 of them being fairly active in GbG. No one in the guild is designated farmers.
last big guild i've been, #1 on Sinerania, had 2-3 "big guns" when a 5 SC sector was opening, and if 3-4-5 of the rest mortals (attack wise, replacing troops more frequently) where there with us.
total of ~65 guildies.
i'd make ~40 fights out of 160.. maybe little more or less. if you add a "superhuman" there, he can do somehow x2 times faster, maybe x3 than me cause of my really bad internet and PC..
thats where the other story i've been telling stacks.

anyway, i think that we all will agree that , big guns wont stay together in 1 guild, they farm less this way....
1-2-3 per guild was accurate back on winter. ofc there where players with decent attack , but for some reason big guns always turned to find another diamond guild with treasury but no fighters, and drain it.

GBG has not forced you. GBG can not force you. It is your decision. All you are doing now is using GBG as an excuse.

You are so wrong Ice there is no choice not my choice as founder when each gbg lets say this 30 players 30% all SAV 67% mixed ages and 1 player in EMA your math is flawed where to date the 3.x % cost of ema goods is like 17.371 % ema this is sad. And yes the choice is ours but not cool to deny young players from joining this is sad.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
You are so wrong Ice there is no choice not my choice as founder when each gbg lets say this 30 players 30% all SAV 67% mixed ages and 1 player in EMA your math is flawed where to date the 3.x % cost of ema goods is like 17.371 % ema this is sad. And yes the choice is ours but not cool to deny young players from joining this is sad.
And yet - you are the one admittedly denying the young players from joining.
So on one hand you do not think they should be denied - but on the other hand, you are more than willing to deny and ignore the young players just so you can selfishly stay at a certain ranking. If you went down a few guild ranks, it would cost you nothing. You have so many good players - well then, should also be able to afford (you or fellow guildies) to trade for those lower level goods.
Each comment you make on here just further and further shows how selfish and greedy you are - but you just keep blaming the game for your own poor behavior.

So on one hand you do not think they should be denied - but on the other hand, you are more than willing to deny and ignore the young players just so you can selfishly stay at a certain ranking. If you went down a few guild ranks, it would cost you nothing. You have so many good players - well then, should also be able to afford (you or fellow guildies) to trade for those lower level goods.
Each comment you make on here just further and further shows how selfish and greedy you are - but you just keep blaming the game for your own poor behavior.
Sure is greedy and selfish, but you risk losing good, strong, high age players, if they have to pay for low era guild members, who don't donate to treasury. They may jump to another guild, where they don't have to produce or trade for low era goods.
Sad it is, though, for sure. New players can learn a lot and get a lot of help, if they join strong, well established guilds with experienced players.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Young players (beats me how you know how old they are) are not denied to join by the game, but by YOU. Game gives you plenty of opportunities to provide the needed goods. You just do not want to adapt your playstyle to do so. Your willingness to help them, stops the moment it requires any effort from your side. It is not the game or GBG that stops them from joining. It is you and your own greed. You do not play to help others. You play to help yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but do not pretend it is the game forcing you to do so.

Just my personal opinion.

r21r

Major-General
if you call it "lack of Teamwork" would be better i think.
maybe even "bad" strategy.

Emberguard

Legend
There is no financial gain or loss on the guild position,
There is a financial loss somewhere if you're taking in a member that is unable to cover the cost themselves. It's an investment into the future of the guild hoping that they stick around and become a strong contributing member. It's upto each guild to decide whether it's a investment worth investing into, what they can maintain and if there should be any structure on when or how players age up to help out the treasury stock.

One problem that every guild will have to tackle is the fact you have the same amount of members per guild as when the game started but will continuously have more ages added. Currently if you evenly divided the ages between guild members then a maxed out guild would have 4 members per age. Add the next three ages and that gets reduced to 3 members per age. If your guild isn't maxed out and has 60 members then it's only 3 members per age now, and 2 members per age in three ages time.

One solution to the problem is to organise between the top guilds of each world where players go based on age. Every guild wants their guild to succeed. See if you can have a cross-guild recruitment agreement. Divide your guilds into age sections and if a player comes to your guild direct them to the guild that matches their age. When they age up direct them to the corresponding ages guild. You can still be enemies in everything else, but if the problem is needing cities in lower ages to grow then a neutral agreement between guilds would benefit everyone

Some guilds here in World-A do exactly that - they run 2 or more - so that lower level/not as strong players can learn and advance their skills & knowledge. That to some is Greed.

But, when it comes right down to it younger players, lower age, weaker players - All reference the skill & knowledge & research level of the individual - Not their Actual Age(how old they are) - need to be carried by others.

I just finished this season where a guild spent tens of thousands of goods to achieve no change in their placement - It's a foolish expenditure to keep over 2/3's of their guildmates happy/fighting. They still made it to Diamond League and will fail miserably when they get their. Why? Because they have a guild filled with Lilliputians. Now a bunch of Lilliputians may take down One Giant(barely) - But not a whole team of Giants.

r21r

Major-General
on Noarsil, guilds flip the whole center every 4hours, which costs them 300k+ goods per round.
on Sinerania, even the top guilds, farm with stable sectors every 8h. this costs them not more than 50k ? goods total per round.
we also have an Iron Age only guild, which is very strong because of that, the rest guilds buy every now and then lower era goods (10k each or 20k each depending to their needs) for less than 10.000 Forge Points (they even make profit out of it.)

the issue is when 2 guilds with different strength, capabilities are matched.
we have the different leagues, but as we all see, everyone is pulled up.
this is the problem, not how every guild will manage goods/eras etc

@Emberguard 3 Cities on every Era but with Arc + OBS + Atom = 500 each Good Daily (every city) = 1.500 each good daily
if you add Chateau to that, it's another 400 each good daily for the eras with 6/1 abort per UBQ, and around 1k+ for the eras with 4/1 abort per UBQ.

idk if you can do "Championship" on GvG + GbG with those numbers, but for sure, they are more than enough to not have problem for average siege camp use.
i call it bad strategy and lack of knowledge/teamwork, greed is little complicated..

PS - the #1 guild on Sinerania, gives loans to members, to boost their arcs/observatories. not meaning that everyone else should, but there are ways to "tackle" such problems, no reason to tie our hands behind our back and do only what the rest do.. we can create a new strategy if we are creative..

who in their fairplay mind will deny guild family camps? for risking hunting down EMA goods lets fix this and yes I spoke what I see. This has zero to do with 950 diamond and below but above gand it is broken.

Young players (beats me how you know how old they are) are not denied to join by the game, but by YOU. Game gives you plenty of opportunities to provide the needed goods. You just do not want to adapt your playstyle to do so. Your willingness to help them, stops the moment it requires any effort from your side. It is not the game or GBG that stops them from joining. It is you and your own greed. You do not play to help others. You play to help yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but do not pretend it is the game forcing you to do so.

Just my personal opinion.
Mate that is an insult with all due respect you know exactly what I am saying if not ask and study top 8 to 12 guilds in each en world AGE IS ERA and you know this Respect please.

disband any guild that has more than 2 of the top 400 players in their guild.
Many guilds have disbanded to combine their fighting forces into heavy-duty guilds.

look at any of the top guilds - most have 20-40 members - all ranked at 300 millions or higher.
doesn't matter what or how you try to dice and slice that pie - puny guilds only get a sliver of it.

And, again - that's the problem - they want a bigger slice of the pie of prizes and if you say that's not what you are after then why so much belly-aching - you want competition - ok - so you can get more what Glory - lol - it's the prizes.

get rid of the siege camps - fine with me - won't effect the big guild one iota. They have too many of the highest ranked players in their guilds.

Top players gather in top guilds, and they don't let in weak, low era players, who will be a cost for the guild. What's so strange about that?

And yeah, those top guilds rule Diamond GBG and farm rewards and points together or fight each other for glory.
Most of the top players in these top guilds are experienced, veteran players, who have spent years of time and maybe money on the game. Don't they deserve their rewarding playground in the sun for their effort?
Lower, weaker guilds don't have a chance against this elite club. They get squeezed, if they get close. But is that unfair? Is the game flawed and unfairly balanced because the weak guilds can't compete with the top guilds? Nah. They just need to grow up and get stronger, if they want to join the club.
However, unfortunately, as the weak guilds slowly grow stronger, some of their best GBG fighters might get bored with the mediocrity and decide to jump to the top guilds.

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
And yeah, those top guilds rule Diamond GBG and farm rewards and points together or fight each other for glory.
nothing wrong about that
Most of the top players in these top guilds are experienced, veteran players, who have spent years of time and maybe money on the game. Don't they deserve their rewarding playground in the sun for their effort?
again, nothing wrong with how they decide to play their map. Though, it is "BattleGrounds" and not "PlayGrounds".
Lower, weaker guilds don't have a chance against this elite club. They get squeezed, if they get close. But is that unfair? Is the game flawed and unfairly balanced because the weak guilds can't compete with the top guilds? Nah. They just need to grow up and get stronger, if they want to join the club.
However, unfortunately, as the weak guilds slowly grow stronger, some of their best GBG fighters might get bored with the mediocrity and decide to jump to the top guilds.
Here is the issue, putting those weak guilds in Diamond, only causes unbalance to the whole game.
They CAN grow up, in Gold Platinum, even Silver League, if the "Top" Guilds are so Strong, why do they need the weak ones on their map ? so they can bully the weak ?

On GvG, we have 1 map for all guilds.
On GbG we have 1 map for every 5-8 guilds and 5 different Leagues to Separate the guilds according to their performance.

putting them all together, contraverses with the design of the feature.

imagine a GvG, where everyone could make the same amount of prestige.
1.000 All Ages Maps - 1.000 Future Era Maps and so on.

Fun ?

Why do i have to farm the same or more amounts of fights, with my 5 man guild in Diamond ?
Do i deserve the same place on paradise with the 80 membered 100million points each member Guilds ?
Do we play the same amount of time ? or putted the same effort ? - No.
there is no reason for weak to be there, otherwise there is no reason to have Cooper - Silver - Gold - Platinum - Diamond.
make 1 league for everyone

Last edited:
Every suggestion that is here was already requested back in the original content thread. None were considered by management. Don't think they will consider the repeats here. I was one of the 1st to suggest that the cap of 1000 be lifted by adding championship leagues - it went unheard as did so many others.
Just allow the "Leagues Points" to keep growing; add more groups - 1000-1800;1801-2600 - and so on.

Just don't increase the prizes - keep them all the same as they are now in diamond league.
Won't Happen - why? - who knows why - it just won't happen.

Would that work? Another who knows - One thing is certain no matter how GbG is changed - it will be Exploited in some way - as is everything else going on in the game.

And let's not beat around the bush - everyone is farming this game in some way - if not all the belly-aching would not be happening:

Farmers for goods, farmers for forge points, farmers for ranking points, and so forth.

What's your farming style - you know you have one - we all do - some are multi-farmers.