• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP Arena Returns Feedback

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The fights are fairly easy and not a problem even on auto

My issue is just having the same 2 or 3 people to fight all the time.

Has become very boring very quickly, will maybe give it another week before just using it to fulfil HC chances when there's no GE or GBG to do or opting out completely
Same thing here CV, just packed up my defending army it got boring very quickly when medals and diamonds will win the day rather than PvP actual combat skill

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Can a mod explain the new improvement? Its just another con to get players to buy diamonds to keep up with the millions of medals being spent for terrible rewards its a complete farce of a feature and once again devs thinking they know what the community want from there time on FoE, But couldnt be further away from the reality of it, I give it 2-3 months until it gets pulled again

PomPoms

Sergeant
I tried it out in the test period, but packed up my army before it began in earnest. It seems to be just a way to pass time if you are desperate for something to do. Really desperate. While everything is not about rewards, the lack of something useful in PvP is not helping make it attractive. Supplies and Coins (yay.) Defense boost, medals, more coins (woohoo.)...really?! I see that if you climb the rankings you get better rewards, but why bother? The grind to get there would be mind-numbingly boring. It is another fighting chore, not fun, with crappy rewards, not worth the bother. Even with better rewards still not fun. I am opting out, I thank you that if you withdraw your defending army, the red flag is not there to be annoying, the tower is merely a decoration on my shoreline now.

I tried it out in the test period, but packed up my army before it began in earnest. It seems to be just a way to pass time if you are desperate for something to do. Really desperate. While everything is not about rewards, the lack of something useful in PvP is not helping make it attractive. Supplies and Coins (yay.) Defense boost, medals, more coins (woohoo.)...really?! I see that if you climb the rankings you get better rewards, but why bother? The grind to get there would be mind-numbingly boring. It is another fighting chore, not fun, with crappy rewards, not worth the bother. Even with better rewards still not fun. I am opting out, I thank you that if you withdraw your defending army, the red flag is not there to be annoying, the tower is merely a decoration on my shoreline now.
Very true. No fun at all. And absolutely no strategy or skills involved. Just more boring click click click for a bit more of the same petty rewards we get so plenty of all over the game.
Inno truly need some new creative, imaginative and inventive people on their team to push this game beyond all its dull repetitiveness.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Played for the first few days, then pulled my army out. Boring, and considering my current age (HMA), I'm not throwing medals at it to compete for a top 500 placing that gives a paltry shot at maybe 30 dias...

If the individual trophy rewards were more than just a few fps & a couple 1-up kits, it might encourage me to stick around, but alas, for the amount of effort to unlock them (even over the course of an entire month!), it's just not worth the endless clicking.

r21r

Major-General
every single on of the hard lv(3 star) opponent is always NPC! THAN WHATS THE POINT OF PVP ARENA????? think it should be rather called NVP arena,
NPC vs. Player arena!
PvP on "games" means player vs player while PvE means player vs environment (creeps - mobs - npc's etc).
the arena was never "PvP" , you still where fighting the "environment" and not the player.
(maybe the player picked the defence army, but as long as it's being controled by Al, it's not a player anymore)

keep the arena as is, put a registration option, when 10 participants registered match them randomly. take them to a stage, let them fight and win/lose points depending to the points they have.

)make it "auto" or "manual" registration
)have the arena opened for 2-3hours per day
)have observation mode for the rest people , so they can watch matches
)give standart X points to each player each new season (losing them all means they cant play anymore) and also refil some points each week.
)those who finish #1 amonst their era should be named champions or heroes, rewards could be a limited period item till they lose the "champ" stat..

it would be far more interesting and challenging for the individual..

Last edited:

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
PvP on "games" means player vs player while PvE means player vs environment (creeps - mobs - npc's etc).
the arena was never "PvP" , you still where fighting the "environment" and not the player.
(maybe the player picked the defence army, but as long as it's being controled by Al, it's not a player anymore)

keep the arena as is, put a registration option, when 10 participants registered match them randomly. take them to a stage, let them fight and win/lose points depending to the points they have.

)make it "auto" or "manual" registration
)have the arena opened for 2-3hours per day
)have observation mode for the rest people , so they can watch matches
)give standart X points to each player each new season (losing them all means they cant play anymore) and also refil some points each week.
)those who finish #1 amonst their era should be named champions or heroes, rewards could be a limited period item till they lose the "champ" stat..

it would be far more interesting and challenging for the individual..
Open it up to as many people as want to join, and use Swiss-style pairings like they use in chess tournaments. Restrict it by era - have an EMA tournament, then an hour later have a PME tournament, etc. People could join any tournament, but they can only use troops of the appropriate era.

Battles should be manual for both players, with a time limit; if you run out of time, it will switch to auto-battle for the remainder of that battle. Maybe the time limit should be 2 minutes with 5 seconds added for every turn.

People should choose a specific set of units that they will use for the tournaments - perhaps limit it to 30 units for 6-round tournament. If you're losing an early round battle, then, you would be likely to surrender quickly to save units for later rounds.

Possibly controversial idea: eliminate attack % bonuses from GBs, event buildings, etc., so that it's all about tactics and unit selection rather than who's played the longest and has an attack % of 1000% or more. Higher-level players will still be able to bring more rogues, champions, etc. to the tournament than a new player.

See https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...p-tournaments-with-swiss-style-pairing.34070/ for a suggestion I made a while back.

Bretonas

Private
I now had the same player 24 times in a row. I'm out of attempts but I can see he / she is up again so that's at least 25 times. It's the first 'proper' season and it's a real player, not some NPC. Even using the refresh button once didn't help. While this might be 'ok' for me since I'm winning every time how 'great' is that for my opponent? This is supposed to be reshuffled from time to time no? Or at least show some kind of random factor in there.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
Open it up to as many people as want to join, and use Swiss-style pairings like they use in chess tournaments. Restrict it by era - have an EMA tournament, then an hour later have a PME tournament, etc. People could join any tournament, but they can only use troops of the appropriate era.

Two words: time zones. Kills your idea in the bud.

You got reply in the first comment there. No interactivity please, it will restrict the feature to a bunch of no lifers who live in the game. There's GBG for that.

Incredibly boring, for sure. But not losing much, only a few easily restorable (Traz) units. Winning most battles on auto. Takes maybe 2 minutes or less for 5 battles. Getting league rewards from the chests. So why not do it? Not spending diamonds or medals on extra attempts. Don't care about ranking points.

Last edited: