• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why do you play Forge of Empires?

King Dael

Sergeant
Played Tribal Wars...
Played Grepolis...
Started up FoE February 2012... (at one point, I played 12 FoE worlds and 4 Grepolis worlds at the same time)
Became staff-member at this Forum...
Grew weary of the game and left for a while...
Started a new account and played in a few worlds a few years...
Grew weary again and stopped playing...
Started again last summer, new account, new (old)name...
Hasn't grown weary...yet...

Maybe I'm old... I'm definitely addicted...that's my excuse.

King Dael

Sergeant
Did you get any sleep with 4 grepo worlds?

Yes... Grepolis ver.1 was not as time consuming as ver.2.
I only played one world with the, at that time, new endgame-play, the wonders. That was a 24/7 gameplay, and I didn't like it... and stopped playing.

Forwandert

Major-General
Yes... Grepolis ver.1 was not as time consuming as ver.2.
I only played one world with the, at that time, new endgame-play, the wonders. That was a 24/7 gameplay, and I didn't like it... and stopped playing.

I just started around version 2 release when we had a toolbox app that was pretty quiet not the loud thing now that gives you a heart attack but haven't played for a few years now. Went from a lot of fighting to a lot of alliance hugging and players spamming the app to keep you awake all night, some players just joined servers to do that from 5 oceans out!

One of the best games for teamwork out there, endless hours on skype half the people I played with on there years ago we still chat now. Just very time consuming but you would spend nearly 2 years on a decent server with the same people now they're done in 6 months. Just a shame they never figured out a decent game end and I think theres 2/3 different game end options now.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
for friends only. game has lost it's competitiveness by inability to catch the cheaters in the game
Each player has their reasons and aim at what they want out of a game.
To cheat in a game is to avoid playing a game the way it was meant to be played?
For me its like a relationship. If you value it then why? If you don't value it then why not?

I found it during the Covid-19 lockdown when I was working from home. I thought I would give it a try and I seem to be enjoying it :). I have lots to learn as I go on. I am (at the time of posting) still in the bronze and iron ages. One thing I can not understand is why are diamond expansions restricted at any of the earlier ages apart from Victory Expansions, which although I have won a few victories on the continent but have had no expansion points rewarded, is this right or am I wrong?

I have won a few victories on the continent but have had no expansion points rewarded, is this right or am I wrong?
You win medals in lots of ways which are used for victory expansions, but from fighting you win them by gaining a top spot on the PvP towers, unfortunately a couple of map fights won't do it

I've never been one for computer games of any kind. But, FOE has given me a better insight on them. I can't say I'm on here everyday *mostly because I worry of account deletion, ha*. But I love the world building process and being a writer, that helps with ideas for my own worlds. Not to mention people here seem friendly and offer helpful advice.