• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why do you play Forge of Empires?

Janet Devlin

Corporal
I'm sure everyone has their own personal reasons for becoming involved in this game.
Maybe you have some good reasons or have forgotten why you came here or haven't really thought about it very much.
Relax, sit back, grab a coffee or another drink choice, reflect and have a friendly conversation?

The answer to the question might already be in some members profiles.

Forwandert

Major-General
Was playing Grepolis and it was announced on there that FOE was in beta and the server I was playing on there had slowed down a little so thought it would be a time filler. Played a little but there was only the comp version and it was laggy as anything so stopped playing. Then they released the app version (although quite basic back then) so restarted on the newest server and played ever since.

r21r

Major-General
after my constant party stopped playing on another mmorg game, and i got completely bored of LOL i was googling around to find something w/o downloading client, and stayed here. (1.5year)
been jumping in and out sometimes, but having it available on a web browser makes it very handy to me, so no reason to leave it at the moment.
maybe i would play less when the pandemic issue solves, i see no reason to not logging in every now and then though.

Lockdown had a serious impact on my already seriously damaged mental health, and, without a friend in the world, my sister suggested I try an online game in an attempt to make friends (to help with my depression and loneliness). Sadly, as you all know, it failed dismally and far from making friends I was bullied off the forums and very nearly stopped playing, but continued playing, though resigned to the reality my personality denies me any friends.

Please don't bother replying to me, I shant be posting again and really don't need any more flaming thanks.

Lockdown had a serious impact on my already seriously damaged mental health, and, without a friend in the world, my sister suggested I try an online game in an attempt to make friends (to help with my depression and loneliness). Sadly, as you all know, it failed dismally and far from making friends I was bullied off the forums and very nearly stopped playing, but continued playing, though resigned to the reality my personality denies me any friends.

Please don't bother replying to me, I shant be posting again and really don't need any more flaming thanks.
Miss you on the forum, Matt. Don't let a few idiots scare you away.

Off topic, I know, sorry. Let's not turn this into a discussion about how some players sadly sometimes get bullied out of the communities on the forums as well as in-game.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I started playing because I saw an advert in a piano app I was using to help me pitch notes when I couldn't get to a keyboard.
I was lucky enough to end up on a relatively new world before era-camping had really been established (and before most of the event/special buildings had been introduced), so I just worked my way fairly steadily up the eras from the bottom. From what I see on the forums/Facebook, that probably wouldn't be possible now.

Powe

Brigadier-General
I got into the game in March last year when I saw a random ad for it. I decided to try it out and I liked it, so I started playing it.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
for me i saw FOE in an AD on microsoft solitaire collection AD. i liked to play city building game which i can play the way i wanted, from that time i think im now addicted to this game

Last edited:

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Strange or as silly as it might sound I wanted to go somewhere. In other words, I like building something. The challenge for me is dealing with fallen soldiers and that little smart mouth called the Spink in the story line who I can't stand.:D Do like the long play aspect so much.

nice2haveu

Corporal
It is not challenging.
It is not interesting.
It is not entertaining.

-- it just keeps my time getting occupied when nothing else to do in that time. This reason makes me play this game more than 4 years continuously. Very weird but it happened somehow.

BhaaluJi

Corporal
I'm sure everyone has their own personal reasons for becoming involved in this game.
Maybe you have some good reasons or have forgotten why you came here or haven't really thought about it very much.
Relax, sit back, grab a coffee or another drink choice, reflect and have a friendly conversation?

The answer to the question might already be in some members profiles.
for friends only. game has lost it's competitiveness by inability to catch the cheaters in the game

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i still enjoy the pvp game for me its the only real way to compete in the game, after almost 9 years i still try to win the bronze age pvp tower and all of the towers just like i did when that was all there was in the game at the very beginning, i know its old hat these days but i just love to fight and trying to win all of the pvp towers gives me something to push for

topazn

Private
New content frequently. Still an active player base. It's just complicated enough to stay fun through the ages, but not cluttered with millions of strange resources and supplies like most empire building games are.

Last edited: