• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG match ups are not random and they are ruining the game

L0rien

Private
The match making is random for guilds with the same LP. That's why you can end up with same guilds time after time. Randomness doesn't care if the results are more or less the same every time. If you make a "better" and more controlled match making, it will take away the randomness.
But yes, for sure, the match making needs to be improved somehow.
That is now proven to be untrue - it isnt random

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
That is now proven to be untrue - it isnt random
who cares if its random or not ? the game sucks, the only moaners are those who dont like facing big teams so they can not get there greedy hands on all the loot, so you want to fix it they make sure you dont face the same teams ?

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
who cares if its random or not ? the game sucks, the only moaners are those who dont like facing big teams so they can not get there greedy hands on all the loot, so you want to fix it they make sure you dont face the same teams ?
yea, thats just your selfish idea
your probably saying that cause you are in a big guild that don't get bullied, i bet if you go in to a guild that gets CB ed every week by the worst enemy you're mind change.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant

we are a big team and we are sick to death of not having proper opposition, so if the top teams hate it and the bottom teams hate it, your analysis is completely wrong

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
we are a big team and we are sick to death of not having proper opposition, so if the top teams hate it and the bottom teams hate it, your analysis is completely wrong
agree! DESYPETE/fatugly seems like only self centered, also don't care of other peoples' situation

Ceban

Brigadier-General
did you ever tought that maybe 'moaners' are those from big teams which want to get other big teams and not do same rounds again and again on repeat and not get enough fights??? you are so shortsighted...

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
did you ever tought that maybe 'moaners' are those from big teams which want to get other big teams and not do same rounds again and again on repeat and not get enough fights??? you are so shortsighted...
no i only hear those greedy moaners who feel they are missing out. i mean can you imagne the annoyance if your used to 5k fights or more and all the fps that will bring and you end up in a hood where your lucky to make 1k fights or a lot less ? of course there going to moan because there so dam greedy. which seems to the whole point to gbg these days, lets feed players greed

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
you hate it why ? because your players are greedy and want to have more and more fights is all your moaning about, so my thinking is spot on, its all about greed, you would only be happy if your in a hood that ever 4 hours you guys can swap with each other, making more and of course freezing out the not so strong lol well its the best part about the game in my eyes is seeing so called top guilds playing on a map that they get hardly any movement on. brightens my day no end

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
They never should have capped LP at 1k, and they should have launched GBG with Xserver play, then this all could have been avoided.

We knew we'd end up playing against the same guilds throughout the entire year. And we have. GBG became insanely boring.

You either end up matching ID's with guilds that can't take anything, or match ID's with top guilds and just farm the place. Both outcomes are boring.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
They never should have capped LP at 1k, and they should have launched GBG with Xserver play, then this all could have been avoided.

We knew we'd end up playing against the same guilds throughout the entire year. And we have. GBG became insanely boring.

You either end up matching ID's with guilds that can't take anything, or match ID's with top guilds and just farm the place. Both outcomes are boring.
i couldnt aggree more, i think at the start it was fun as it was new and most players tried to win, now as always happens in this game, people learn how to manipulate the game, then you are either going to have a good map with lots of action and lots of swaps or be pinned out of it. or try to not win so you never move up which is just as boring, imagine spending all week in the map and only taking 2 sectors as your scared of moving up ? its just the same as moving up and being pinned total waste of time lol

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
you hate it why ? because your players are greedy and want to have more and more fights is all your moaning about, so my thinking is spot on, its all about greed, you would only be happy if your in a hood that ever 4 hours you guys can swap with each other, making more and of course freezing out the not so strong lol well its the best part about the game in my eyes is seeing so called top guilds playing on a map that they get hardly any movement on. brightens my day no end

you have no clue have you!!!!!

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant

That's why active players will alnost always tend to go to the top guilds now, just to get the piece of cake. I am one of those players who...well like farming and I don't feel bad if I have to swap, as long as I can profit out of it :D
But yes, you are going matched with basically two opposite sides.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
because your players are greedy
wow, DESYPETE, stop attacking players, you call greedy? than what about the guilds who do CB against, or guilds who always dominate? dont you think they are more greedy according to your idea, and i think the only greedy thing here is YOU

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
wow, DESYPETE, stop attacking players, you call greedy? than what about the guilds who do CB against, or guilds who always dominate? dont you think they are more greedy according to your idea, and i think the only greedy thing here is YOU
take your own advise and ignore me you seem to reply a lot with your own sanctimonious clap trap
its players like you that i do laugh at with your mini moans, with all the trouble in the world you lose sleep over such stupid issues,

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
i couldnt aggree more, i think at the start it was fun as it was new and most players tried to win, now as always happens in this game, people learn how to manipulate the game, then you are either going to have a good map with lots of action and lots of swaps or be pinned out of it. or try to not win so you never move up which is just as boring, imagine spending all week in the map and only taking 2 sectors as your scared of moving up ? its just the same as moving up and being pinned total waste of time lol

Yeah at GBG launch it was fun, there was still concerns we'd fight the same guilds (Like we, as players, knew this outcome would happen over a year ago now) But at least at launch there was wars and fighting. Even our server forums on here were active with boasts and score posts and large well typed out threads. A lot of action to be had, constant zone flips, alliances to be formed or broken a part. Was like an entire different game, then now.

The solutions we've come up with have just turned the place into a giant farm, the biggest farm the game has ever had. GBG has injected millions of FP's into the game and its hardly cost us anything in guild goods.

That's why active players will alnost always tend to go to the top guilds now, just to get the piece of cake. I am one of those players who...well like farming and I don't feel bad if I have to swap, as long as I can profit out of it :D
But yes, you are going matched with basically two opposite sides.

Yeah, pretty much. Even more incentive to leave your guild of people you are helping and sit in a top guild, so that you can easily farm thousands of FP's. It is rather interesting how GBG has changed the games guild dynamic. How much its changed over time. In the end, we are all waiting for a GBG update to maybe shake things up again.

The algorithm seems to be based on things that lead to a wide range of capabilities between the guilds in the GbG match, like some sort of point system instead of comparing metrics such as: # members in the guild, average point total of guild member, total number of points for all players in the guild.

The matchup that I have bee n thrust into this week are ABSOLUTELY STUPID. There are two guilds placed high on the guild rankings, and then everyone else. The two powerful guilds have an alliance where they just trade sectors back and forth, and continually expand further and further out so now they do that right in front of guild bases. So what is the point of this nonsense? It is no fun for anyone -- probably even the domineering bully guilds themselves. They just tell you to fight back, but how can you fight back when they have all the siege camps (can't put them in the back row) and keep trading and locking up the spots next to your base?

Come inno, this is dumb and no fun. Fix it!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.24.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.24.46 PM.png
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 24
The algorithm seems to be based on things that lead to a wide range of capabilities between the guilds in the GbG match, like some sort of point system instead of comparing metrics such as: # members in the guild, average point total of guild member, total number of points for all players in the guild.
The matchup algorithm is based on League Points and Guild ID as it has been explained in the GBG feedback thread and other threads.
New Content - Guild Battlegrounds | Page 107 | Forge of Empires Forum

Dobbey

Private
The way to solve it would be to make a top league called iridium or something where the top guilds in each world compete in a knockout competition to be the top guild in the game with awards and prizes etc. It would give a real challenge to the top guilds that you can't get in your own world and make the top level a little bit more than just farming. The problem with the current competition is its just the same every week there is no eventual "winner" so all you are playing for is what you can win from as many battles as possible etc.
To make it a world versus world competition you could allow any four "top" level guilds from a world to join together and fight four guilds from other worlds, so it could become a true world versus world competition. (i would say the top four guilds from a world join together but they usually hate each other lol so that would not work, better to let them choose).
The first option would just be a blood bath but the second option would require teamwork and strategy which would make it more interesting and the bragging rights to say its the top world!