• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Trading of special events buildings including upgrades within the guild for coins/goods or supplies

Suppport "Trade special events buildings incl. upgrades for coins/goods/supplies in the guild"

• Total voters

eeyore

Corporal
Within the guild, we always have the issue whereby some players have an abundance of upgrades to special events buildings. Also, some guild members have two or three special events buildings that they do not use.

Allow TRADING WITHIN the GUILD for such buildings and upgrades. This way, the whole guild can benefit and where players did not manage to get all the upgrades, they at least would have a chance to trade (for goods, coins or supplies). This, in turn, boosts morale and enables indivudals to have a more satisfying special events experience, rather than begrudgingly having to "make do".

eeyore

Corporal
Far too abusable, impossible to moderate and I wouldn’t want Inno to cut back on event prizes to counter people just handing each other free events. I’d rather be able to earn it for free by myself. We already have the Antiques Dealer for incomplete events
Well, partially right, but the Antiques Dealer has not at all provided e.g. Governor's Villa or Vineyard updates; whereas less useful ones, such as the cider mill keep popping up.

eeyore

Corporal
So I can jump around guilds and get all the upgrades without bothering with the event. Great :D:D

It's a big no from me
Re the "no" (As seen in B.G.T. on telly:D): That is fair enough, a pity though that you thought of jumping from guild to guild. Maybe, my style of playing is less "forward" (that thought did not occur to me at all: I tend to be very loyal).

eeyore

Corporal
That’s because it’s for events that are a year+ old. You haven’t waited long enough yet
I see, that is very helpful to know. Thank you.
By the way, the upgrades are not for me, but I have loads whereas my co-players are short - all I wanted to achieve is that I can pass them on to guild mates, really.

nice2haveu

Corporal
You may be correct, I think though it is still a valid idea but it would seem to get voted down.
This is not a valid idea, if you are not convinced still, check the do not suggest list.
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
Sorry to say. your idea needs to be in DNS.

eeyore

Corporal
This is not a valid idea, if you are not convinced still, check the do not suggest list.
  • Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
Sorry to say. your idea needs to be in DNS.
-No, it is not meant to make me richer.
-You say it's open to abuse: Well, diamond purchase is abuse as you can buy yourself everthing. And that is what makes certain players super powerful. If that is not "abuse" (oh, I forgot diamond selling makes money, whereas trading in the guild does not, how silly of me, I forgot).
-Making the game "balanced" - You have me in stitches here with laughter:D The game is "balanced" into the 'haves' and the 'havenots', with the 'haves' getting more by the minute.
No, a real, honest player, not purchasing diamonds has no chance whatsoever of reaching (and maintaining) the top.

No, it is not meant to make me richer.
But it will make me rich and make the game easier for me.
Would like to stay in Iron age without enabling military tactics, myself can grab all the special buildings of past events and current events with different ages from my guild mates who are in Space Age Venus. Great idea to help me build strong a city without getting plundered.

As you said, you didn't meant to make yourself richer, but this idea allows others to get rich and makes the game easier (especially me).
Do you have any objection on it.

Myself wondering, how this idea not moved to DNS still?

GADfan

Warrant Officer

Totally against this idea.
Another example of wanting everything instantly rather than working (or waiting) for it.
Events are there to challenge you. If you don't get the full prize that's why you do it again the following year, or wait to get an upgrade another way (eg. AD)

eeyore

Corporal
As you said, you didn't meant to make yourself richer, but this idea allows others to get rich and makes the game easier (especially me).
Do you have any objection on it.

Myself wondering, how this idea not moved to DNS still?
It is a pity that there are no normal players here who consider the benefit of others. And ideas that do not suit the "take, take, take" mentality are voted down. That is why the game is putting off new players.

eeyore

Corporal
Another example of wanting everything instantly rather than working (or waiting) for it.
Events are there to challenge you. If you don't get the full prize that's why you do it again the following year, or wait to get an upgrade another way (eg. AD)
No, it is not about "wanting something now".
FoE used to have a couple of special events each year. The main event being Halloween: Every year, a graveyard was available and where you already had one, there was an upgrade the following year. This is perfect and we were more than happy to wait.
Plus, that event was something to look forward to. Now, there are events every few weeks, with no time to even breathe any more before the next one comes along.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
No, it is not about "wanting something now".
FoE used to have a couple of special events each year. The main event being Halloween: Every year, a graveyard was available and where you already had one, there was an upgrade the following year. This is perfect and we were more than happy to wait.
Plus, that event was something to look forward to. Now, there are events every few weeks, with no time to even breathe any more before the next one comes along.
Of course it's about wanting it now!
To quote you: "...where players did not manage to get all upgrades...", and "...more satisfying event experience rather than begrudgingly having to make do."
What's that about, if not saying that players should be able to get a full Event prize straight away?

Surely your idea is a "take, take, take" one?
You want all your guildmates to get (take) fully upgraded buildings without having to earn them. That's not right.

And what has the frequency of Events got to do with it?
No one is forced to play every Event, or to complete one.
And it wouldn't be such a struggle to breathe if players expected less and didn't play so furiously trying to get something that may be beyond them.

So, with this idea players can just skip the events and trade instead (with coins, goods and supplies) to get the event buildings?
Do you have a suggestion to what a fair rate would be? How many coins for a Ferris Wheel upgrade, for instance? I'd happily pay M if not even G coins for 10 event building upgrades, if I can skip an event.
Anyone want to buy some WW's for their diamond farms?

Last edited: