• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Archaeology 2021 Feedback

Cuthwolf

Captain
I should have paid attention to the changes. I have done well at past archeology and Halloween events without diamonds and just pressed on, revealing every block. I won't be able to get it without a spend - lesson learned.

suethegreat

Captain
Well i dont see 15 levels. I bought the initial currency and diamonds pack done all the daily shards every tablet found every incident yet do not see where the level 10 is coming from. Bought 2 mystery selections and had to buy some scrolls to max a couple of packs and now down to buying tools individually which is ridiculous and only on calendar 15 with 2 shards in kitty and 19 idols needed for level 8. Last 3 tablets yet to appear. As said this part of the dig is exposing a lot of empties and cant see how anyone could do well without diamonds so either very very lucky or fibbing :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Well i dont see 15 levels. I bought the initial currency and diamonds pack done all the daily shards every tablet found every incident yet do not see where the level 10 is coming from. Bought 2 mystery selections and had to buy some scrolls to max a couple of packs and now down to buying tools individually which is ridiculous and only on calendar 15 with 2 shards in kitty and 19 idols needed for level 8. Last 3 tablets yet to appear. As said this part of the dig is exposing a lot of empties and cant see how anyone could do well without diamonds so either very very lucky or fibbing :)
I am doing this Event on 2 worlds, and I am on target to get a total combined 10 pieces of base/kits/upgrades. The only real secret to it this year, was to ignore the dailies (which also means ignoring the urns). Focus on progressing through the tunnel and stop each time you reveal a shard, as that will be the gem you need for the next day. Do the dailies for shards just in case you are unable to get a shard/gem one day. I have had 2 shards/gems on the screen at the same time a few times so far, which just meant next to no digging for a day.
If a person goes for the urns/dailies, then it would be very difficult to get a complete Wheel. If digging and you take the shards instead of waiting for the daily reset and taking it as a gem, again it will be very difficult to get the Wheel. It all depends on what your priority was/is. There were a number of online guides explaining this as well. Kinda sucks not being able to play with specific dailies in mind, but that is just how the event was designed this time around. Oh, and no diamonds needed spending either so far (with the caveat that I spent 400 on that mystery box 1 time taking a chance at Checkmate, which did not happen, and was not gambling any further on it)

r21r

Major-General
I am doing this Event on 2 worlds, and I am on target to get a total combined 10 pieces of base/kits/upgrades. The only real secret to it this year, was to ignore the dailies (which also means ignoring the urns). Focus on progressing through the tunnel and stop each time you reveal a shard, as that will be the gem you need for the next day. Do the dailies for shards just in case you are unable to get a shard/gem one day. I have had 2 shards/gems on the screen at the same time a few times so far, which just meant next to no digging for a day.
If a person goes for the urns/dailies, then it would be very difficult to get a complete Wheel. If digging and you take the shards instead of waiting for the daily reset and taking it as a gem, again it will be very difficult to get the Wheel. It all depends on what your priority was/is. There were a number of online guides explaining this as well. Kinda sucks not being able to play with specific dailies in mind, but that is just how the event was designed this time around. Oh, and no diamonds needed spending either so far (with the caveat that I spent 400 on that mystery box 1 time taking a chance at Checkmate, which did not happen, and was not gambling any further on it)
before spending 4.000 diamonds on the mystery box, i had a lvl7 wheel (so i was missing 3 kits).
won't go for the calendar, but as i saw it, i could have made it maxed without spending diamonds, maybe i was lucky...

on that, count i had 1 kit as reward from the previous event.

comparing to last year, where i also made max airship with no diamonds, i think it's not that unreal but maybe i was lucky both times.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
sigh...spent 395 scrolls and got 0 jems.....i hate this event...last year i was so unlucky that i only got airship to lv 9, this time now it seems like farris wheel to lv 8

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I should have paid attention to the changes. I have done well at past archeology and Halloween events without diamonds and just pressed on, revealing every block. I won't be able to get it without a spend - lesson learned.

Yeah, this one was really just about digging untill you see a daily gem, then stop. Wait for next day and repeat. And save daily gems up in sand. With the daily prize giving shards it makes it possible to skip days on the really bad dailies too, making it easier to line up multiple daily gems on a good daily.

But dailies were not my focus of course, I never revealed everything, and never purposely used tools on vases unless it was the only option forward.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
So it looks as though I cannot complete the ferris wheel on my main world (1 upgrade short) despite the fact I will have an extra base by the end of the event because I didn't do the previous event and get the box.

Not cool :(

Yeah, it is rather interesting how they have been designed now. You used to be able to skip events, but now if you do you are choosing to miss out on possibly completing the next events main prize or getting extra's regardless. Its almost become a requirement now to do every events main questline

suethegreat

Captain
Yeah, it is rather interesting how they have been designed now. You used to be able to skip events, but now if you do you are choosing to miss out on possibly completing the next events main prize or getting extra's regardless. Its almost become a requirement now to do every events main questline
Good point ! luckily a get out of jail free diamonds/scroll deal today although it didnt help...but i dont go down the pub so what 3 pints maybe lolll

I've got all the Ferris Wheel upgrades now + a spare level 1. Didn't use any clever math or smart strategy or DIAMONDS. Just dug up everything in the sand, except for a few vases today. And still 3 days of the event left. Luck? Maybe...

Last edited:
I've got all the Ferris Wheel upgrades now + a spare level 1. Didn't use any clever math or smart strategy or DIAMONDS. Just dug up everything in the sand, except for a few vases today. And still 3 days of the event left. Luck? Maybe...
Got mine on R yesterday, with the completed calander will have a spare base plus 3 or maybe 4 upgrades, no diamonds, no problems.

On L I'm going to be an upgrade short. Still missing the last tablet thing and no where near doing the daily calendar. Both worlds have been played in the same way

Powe

Brigadier-General
I didn't get the tablets or calendar completed, and my ferris wheel is at level 7. Thankfully I only have 3 idols to go before the next upgrade kit, so I will probably just make it.

Bethra

Private
Congrats: Only took you a few goes to turn what was originally a quite entertaining event into a long boring grind fest of endless productions.
Grind does NOT equal good guys.

suethegreat

Captain
Congrats: Only took you a few goes to turn what was originally a quite entertaining event into a long boring grind fest of endless productions.
Grind does NOT equal good guys.
Agree very depressing when you know over 3 cities 3 ages lvl 10 is not possible without diamonds with columns of empty sand. It would not hurt to throw in a few pixels of items for encouragement. The choice now to leave pots and idols and try for the elusive gem/s. The gold tablet naturally at the unobtainable end. Anyway mustn't complain about a free game......however if and a big IF life gets back to normal people will consider time wasted, expense and tactics used in the game. Compared to this St Paddy was a breeze and so miss the boat music.......

very depressing when you know over 3 cities 3 ages lvl 10 is not possible without diamonds
I've got all the Ferris Wheel upgrades now + a spare level 1. Didn't use any clever math or smart strategy or DIAMONDS. Just dug up everything in the sand, except for a few vases today. And still 3 days of the event left
Got mine on R yesterday, with the completed calander will have a spare base plus 3 or maybe 4 upgrades, no diamonds, no problems.

Bethra

Private
Congratulations. I'm very happy for you and the others that you have got what you wanted. However this has not been my experience.
I WILL get it, by the skin of my teeth on the last day most likely but it has been a nightmare of having to do every tablet quest every day umpteen times just to get the scrolls, so no - thumbs down from me.
I played the first archaeology event back in the day and the ones since and enjoyed it but gradually FOE are making all the events an absolute grind fest, presumably to encourage people to use diamonds to get round having to spend endless hours on the game. Not for me, I'm a pensioner and can't afford diamonds for an event building that will be superseded by something better most likely within the year. I passed on several events due to this and made the mistake of thinking this one might be different.
Guess I should know better at my age rofl.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Wow, another stupid event where you can't get the end prize even though you finished all of the quest. This game has turned into a pay to win, why do I bother to still log in.

Wow, another stupid event where you can't get the end prize even though you finished all of the quest
You can. I did. Others did too. Read above. Many I know already got it, without paying diamonds.
There's more to an event than just finishing the quests to get the main prize. The quests give you some of the "tools" (event currency) you need to win the prize.

Last edited: