• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Project Phoenix are the guild that rebuilt from No Pay Diamonds, they didn’t plan on switching to a higher guild ID- it was a founder - maybe after too many bottles of pop that deleted it one night - the other guild mates woke up to find themselves out of a guild, and the guild not existing anymore... but they started again from a stronger point than most guilds starting out in that they already had a great team together built up over years - and they were mad enough to put lots effort into building a new guild. Also many players from different guilds jumped in to help them take land in GVG and donate to treasury to help them raise their level again as they felt bad for them, including me, lol.
So PP now find themselves with a high guild ID, and because of the reasons above are a lot stronger than new guilds starting out in the more usual way.
They created a second guild, Project Phoenix 2 which has a very similar guild ID and, without understanding or intent, have created the ideal way to exploit farming in GBG.
Alright, so they didn't exploit the ID algorithm on purpose then. Fair enough. You can dissolve a guild and start from fresh. if you want, of course.
You could do it on purpose though and get a higher ID in one or more new guilds and exploit GBG farming. You'd have to speed progress the guild though with strong members, who can push it fast to high levels and donate to treasury. If you don't, you'd just be another new, weak, low level guild with shortage of goods and copper league in GBG.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Alright, so they didn't exploit the ID algorithm on purpose then. Fair enough. You can dissolve a guild and start from fresh. if you want, of course.
You could do it on purpose though and get a higher ID in one or more new guilds and exploit GBG farming. You'd have to speed progress the guild though with strong members, who can push it fast to high levels and donate to treasury. If you don't, you'd just be another new, weak, low level guild with shortage of goods and copper league in GBG.

It may not be that "hard" to find a guild close to your guild id and start working together :)

Anyways I'm sure dev's are looking into how to fix it :). It maybe as simple as get the list of guilds with same LP and and then just apply a random sort on it. Doesn't sound that complicated and yes it will need to tested in beta and so on and not derail current projects...so they may take sometime...

L0rien

Private
It may not be that "hard" to find a guild close to your guild id and start working together :)

Anyways I'm sure dev's are looking into how to fix it :). It maybe as simple as get the list of guilds with same LP and and then just apply a random sort on it. Doesn't sound that complicated and yes it will need to tested in beta and so on and not derail current projects...so they may take sometime...
On the Forge Facebook questions and answers session earlier they said it was on the list to be looked at in future, but not that it was being looked at now

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
On the Forge Facebook questions and answers session earlier they said it was on the list to be looked at in future, but not that it was being looked at now

Makes sense, they cant drop everything that they are doing e.g. like events and what not and start working on something, we players may not like it..but it is what it is :)

E.g. Now y'all can even see when the next event starts...they cant derail those projects or e.g. next settlement or whatever..

Makes sense, they cant drop everything that they are doing e.g. like events and what not and start working on something, we players may not like it..but it is what it is :)

E.g. Now y'all can even see when the next event starts...they cant derail those projects or e.g. next settlement or whatever..
No, they need to fix it NOW. NOW!! Or I'll QUIT. Many players will. We will ALL QUIT. And we want our MONEY BACK. NOW! :rolleyes::P

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
They didn't test the ID algorithm on beta.
The change to GBG match-ups happened around update 1.198, which was Feb 15. We have screenshots of a board on US servers that was still random for the match that started Feb 4 and ended Feb 15, and then the sorting for the next board was by guild ID on the match that started Feb 18. We are in season 6 of Groundhog Day. 3 months people have been saying just by gut estimate, and they're correct.

There was nothing in update 1.198 announced about GBG leagues or matchmaking. Prior to that it did appear to be "random" so, how hard could it be to revert it to how it was matching before that update, instead of a sort that's always the same? I am having a hard time believing its an unintended byproduct of some other change, and more likely a stealth update with no announcement, since we have seen plenty of those.

Additionally it is hard to fathom why anyone would think making a repetitive feature even more of a "repeat" carbon copy experience of itself every season was going to be any help to address the issues with GBG leagues, ranks, and balance; though there are now 109 pages of feedback and ideas, nearly all of which are better than this.

The change to GBG match-ups happened around update 1.198, which was Feb 15. We have screenshots of a board on US servers that was still random for the match that started Feb 4 and ended Feb 15, and then the sorting for the next board was by guild ID on the match that started Feb 18. We are in season 6 of Groundhog Day. 3 months people have been saying just by gut estimate, and they're correct.

There was nothing in update 1.198 announced about GBG leagues or matchmaking. Prior to that it did appear to be "random" so, how hard could it be to revert it to how it was matching before that update, instead of a sort that's always the same? I am having a hard time believing its an unintended byproduct of some other change, and more likely a stealth update with no announcement, since we have seen plenty of those.

Additionally it is hard to fathom why anyone would think making a repetitive feature even more of a "repeat" carbon copy experience of itself every season was going to be any help to address the issues with GBG leagues, ranks, and balance; though there are now 109 pages of feedback and ideas, nearly all of which are better than this.
We complained a lot about the GBG matching before they changed the algorithm. They actually did listen to our rants and came up with a different system. Maybe they could have predicted, that the Guild ID algorithm would be a terribly bad solution. They didn't though, apparently. Now they know, and hopefully they'll give us a better solution soon.
Rolling it back to how it was, before they changed it, shouldn't take long, of course. But maybe that's not the best solution. We didn't like that either.

SlayerPro

Private
what was the purpose of this algorithm?

I know a lot of players are unhappy about this GBG, and we bored about game while we like it so much before, we just need that a Inno officer give us an information about what they wanna do? (I receive a lot of bad feedback for GBG from my friends).

they(inno) make good events and we r thankful but, what about the important part of the game?, I mean GBG, Isn't better they change it that make players happy?.

-I'm worry if we lost our friends because they bored about the game.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Perhaps the developers at Inno games have decided to return this game more towards the direction of a city building exercise, and less involved with PvP style play. Personally I would welcome that, as too many games are taken over by players whose focus is primarily on the PvP aspect and ignores most of the other game features. There is a fair deal available with FoE even without the minimalistic graphics/gamestyle of battlegrounds and GvG, so if the developers are going to focus more on the game concept, at the expense of the PvP portion of the game, I would welcome it.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
in my opinionn inno has come up with this new algorithm in order to lessen the unfairness between the similar LP guilds, as now they calculate by ID number, guilds will mostly be matched up with similar era founded guilds. so the treasury would be similar so INNO thought it would make gameplay more fair.
HOWEVER, it didnt, and now gbg is more getting unfair and worse, also doing by guild ID means guilds will also maniupulate gbg, i can say exploit

well done inno, really WELL DONE:mad:

Perhaps the developers at Inno games have decided to return this game more towards the direction of a city building exercise, and less involved with PvP style play. Personally I would welcome that, as too many games are taken over by players whose focus is primarily on the PvP aspect and ignores most of the other game features. There is a fair deal available with FoE even without the minimalistic graphics/gamestyle of battlegrounds and GvG, so if the developers are going to focus more on the game concept, at the expense of the PvP portion of the game, I would welcome it.
Agree with this. I do like GBG and fighting and competition, but it has taken over the game too much. Too much clicking to fight and farm. Need more strategy, city building and puzzling.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Agree with this. I do like GBG and fighting and competition, but it has taken over the game too much. Too much clicking to fight and farm. Need more strategy, city building and puzzling.
Yes - more puzzling. Actually, one of the reasons I started doing the Aztec settlement was for their version of minesweep. I would like to see more of these common mini-games included within this game as well, like a Bejewelled or Tetris (although I would like to see the option to be able to do it more than just a couple times a day). Negotiations I end up doing more solving than fighting, just for the game aspect.

Yes - more puzzling. Actually, one of the reasons I started doing the Aztec settlement was for their version of minesweep. I would like to see more of these common mini-games included within this game as well, like a Bejewelled or Tetris (although I would like to see the option to be able to do it more than just a couple times a day). Negotiations I end up doing more solving than fighting, just for the game aspect.
I want a Pac-Man minigame :)