• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

r21r

Major-General
Gap between Platinum and Diamond is big, I could notice that from the experience of my guild that consists of 8 GbG active players. Guilds with such alow amount of members cannot accomplish sectors takeover as fast as guilds with many GbG active members can. Most of Diamond guilds are guilds that consist of lot of active GbG players that can share Diamonds earned through various ways equally so they can build SCs fast.
ye the gap is huge. under 2min the one side and the other when they come online ..

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
ye the gap is huge. under 2min the one side and the other when they come online ..
Agreed. That's why I like to call the Diamond league "The big dogs league". When you are a guild that cannot do much, best thing is just to swap with the top guild and try to stay in the top 4 so you don't drop out of it.

r21r

Major-General
Agreed. That's why I like to call the Diamond league "The big dogs league". When you are a guild that cannot do much, best thing is just to swap with the top guild and try to stay in the top 4 so you don't drop out of it.
when on 975~901 LP yeah, most times you will be able to find a partner to swap, or better, there will be space and time for you to react and plan strategy.
when on 1000LP .. idk how often, but from what i've seen on older worlds mostly (on the newest one that i play it's better as they don't swap all sectors but just every 8hours with stable siege camps) most times 2 guilds pin everything effectively and average players can't find chance to reach the minimums during the season lol

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
when on 975~901 LP yeah, most times you will be able to find a partner to swap, or better, there will be space and time for you to react and plan strategy.
when on 1000LP .. idk how often, but from what i've seen on older worlds mostly (on the newest one that i play it's better as they don't swap all sectors but just every 8hours with stable siege camps) most times 2 guilds pin everything effectively and average players can't find chance to reach the minimums during the season lol
That's because usually only 2 guilds are reliable to swap with each other. Other guilds that would want to swap would most likelyjust be too slow in taking sectors for swaps and so the swap requests from them would be denied.

Vesiger

Monarch
But the game isn't supposed to consist of swapping sectors as fast as can be arranged.
It's supposed to be a contest to conquer and hold territory - the bug is that it is actually more profitable to lose and retake a sector than to hold it, and given that this is exactly what people spent years complaining about in GvG (guilds releasing and retaking sectors), I do think the developers might have considered that.

That's because usually only 2 guilds are reliable to swap with each other. Other guilds that would want to swap would most likelyjust be too slow in taking sectors for swaps and so the swap requests from them would be denied.
Yep. The weak guilds are too slow to work with for the the big, strong guilds.
Can you take a sector in less than one minute? Ten sectors in less than 10 minutes in one quick attack?
No? Then you are not worthy for an alliance with the big bullies.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
@DarkUros222 untill season 12 on Noarsil world, we had 1-2 Diamond maps.
considering that those maps where filled 90% by the strongest guilds on that world and with the fact that each of those guilds had much smaller overall attrition capabilities than what they have today, putting them on the same map with guilds that came to diamond just because their cooper, silver, gold AND pllatinum maps where fairly (if not completely) inactive, they never had a chance neither to farm because no actual guilds interested while in platinum, nor wanted to be in Diamond - they just keept doing what they always did, capturing as many as they could.

as is the formula now, and many times told, you get to diamond by luck and you get crashed there, maybe things are a little better in platinum, but for sure on cooper silver and gold, there is no competition at all.

they'd better remove silver and cooper and make 2-3 concecutive play-off rounds , so no inactive guild affects the "healthy" competition, maybe guilds will go in lower leagues than what they are now, but the formula as is now makes no sense at all impo.

We saw this on Sinerania, Some of the top players formed a new guild, and All the way to diamond they basically made the entire map their colour. Not much else they could do because until maybe plat the lower guilds were not even touching GBG. And then the thing is, these guilds that do nothing in GBG, end up in diamond eventually.

The way the system is designed, is rather funny.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
sigh,,,,my guild has been in same gbg with a guild called A41 5 seasons in a row, and they do CB. lol, they always try to push us down by platinum by CB as we are their biggest enemy. if we were against them 1: 1 we could be well fighting against them well but they keep being in SAME league with hell raisers(and those two guilds both CB).....i wonder why we met them 5 seasons in a row? Also for 3 seasons, there were HR, A41 and my guild in a row. is shuffle doesnt mean anything??? FOE you should shuffle guilds well, my guild didnt had any free fight for ages because of this BS shuffle :mad:
seriously, how can 3 guilds be in same gbg for 3 seasons, and 1 guild even for 5 seasons!!!!!
-.JPG
--.JPG

But the game isn't supposed to consist of swapping sectors as fast as can be arranged.
It's supposed to be a contest to conquer and hold territory - the bug is that it is actually more profitable to lose and retake a sector than to hold it, and given that this is exactly what people spent years complaining about in GvG (guilds releasing and retaking sectors), I do think the developers might have considered that.
Don't know what it's supposed to be. But as it is now, it's clearly not about holding sectors but taking sectors (farming rewards). If someone builds a palace or a fortress to get more VP and to try to hold a sector for a little longer, it's like: Yeah, hurray! More fights and rewards for the attacker.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Yep. The weak guilds are too slow to work with for the the big, strong guilds.
Can you take a sector in less than one minute? Ten sectors in less than 10 minutes in one quick attack?
No? Then you are not worthy for an alliance with the big bullies.
Exactly. That's why guilds should think twice before moving up to Diamond league. It isn't just "oh well, we will swap with the top guild and stay in top 4 easily".

r21r

Major-General
Exactly. That's why guilds should think twice before moving up to Diamond league. It isn't just "oh well, we will swap with the top guild and stay in top 4 easily".
if they finish 1st, no matter what they think, they will enter 1000LP :P
we could blame them for being active, but we can't blame them for having inactive enemies on platinum, and 175 LP higher, meeting the beasts ? or we can ? :D

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
if they finish 1st, no matter what they think, they will enter 1000LP :P
we could blame them for being active, but we can't blame them for having inactive enemies on platinum, and 175 LP higher, meeting the beasts ? or we can ? :D
Yes, it's really hard to balance between Platinum and Diamond league nowadays, one makes you dominant, other makes you fight for your own survival :P

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
the game is a joke, its not a game at all, its just a place players want to make 1000s of fps and goodies, that is all that matters, the only thing that might be considered a contest is when big guilds meet and fight each other rather than farm, but most of the players just join forces to keep other guilds out and swap sectors with each other, again to feed them and there greedy members with there goodies, which might be fun for them but its a rubbish game for those being pinned down, the best way to play the game is to lose enough to never move up to the big leagues as at least most just share the map rather than compete, so what is all this about it being in anyway a contest or a game ? i think they should really think again but i guess diamond sales are big so it will stay as it is

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Maybe a mod could merge these threads to GBG feedback? Anyway, we have confirmation that we are being sorted by guild ID number and matchups are not random, which explains all the posts about seeing the same 4-5 guilds every season for about the last 3 months. Something changed, and we have been able to predict who we get matched with by sorting the guilds on our server by GBG rank and then their guild ID and that's exactly who we got matched with this season - the same match we've seen for months, over and over.

These are the 2 relevant current discussion threads with 2 posts (probably the whole threads) that should have been posted here:

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Wait really, so guild ID matters? Its not just pure RNG we meet the same guilds?
It's not random any more, we were able to predict the top 4 diamond boards of 8 guilds each with 1000LP rank and sorted by their guild ID, and all 4 were correct. I think it was random up until something changed this year. By looking at guild ID number, we see why we've been matched up with a limited range of the same few guilds all year, who have ID numbers nearest to ours (varying only by those who take a trip below 1000 for a season and then are back the next, but the same general group, over and over.)

Everyone who has been posting about getting the same match every season isn't imagining it. Obviously, we (my guild and the people posting on the threads about about GBG is broken, GBG match ups not random and ruining the game) don't like being in "Groundhog day" every season and wish some powers that be would fix it. We've been saying the ranking system is broken for a while, but this repeating cycle thing started maybe 3 months ago.

L0rien

Private
There are quite a range of guilds with LP 1000, there is no way the same matches would keep coming up if it was random. This is why Project Phoenix and Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx 2 which are both newer and on 1000 LP always get put together rather than sometimes getting split up and facing older guilds like rogue nation and we raid naked in EN2 - Project Phoenix and Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx 2 continually get put together, and not with any of the older guilds because they have ids of 22,017 and 22,202
We raid naked and Blacklist are continually together on IDs of 7,218 and 6,967 respectively

Mandolyn

Private

The problem comes when you're up against the same guilds who notoriously swap sectors, then there's no change that an agreement could be put into place to swap sectors with anyone, they gang up and push smaller guilds down, no matter how hard a guild tries. That results in our top fighters losing heart, leaving the guild to join those top guilds so that they can be 'small fry in a big pond rather than a big fish in a small pond'.
How do you encourage players to create excitement for GBg when their response is: 'I hate GBg and don't see why I should venture there'? I agree GBg has become an absolute nightmare and a killjoy all round so how do you keep your enthusiasm for a game and how do you keep your guild mates interested, if all they do is complain about GBg season after season after season and dropping is not a solution for a broken system that's in dire need of repair?

L0rien

Private
The problem comes when you're up against the same guilds who notoriously swap sectors, then there's no change that an agreement could be put into place to swap sectors with anyone, they gang up and push smaller guilds down, no matter how hard a guild tries. That results in our top fighters losing heart, leaving the guild to join those top guilds so that they can be 'small fry in a big pond rather than a big fish in a small pond'.
How do you encourage players to create excitement for GBg when their response is: 'I hate GBg and don't see why I should venture there'? I agree GBg has become an absolute nightmare and a killjoy all round so how do you keep your enthusiasm for a game and how do you keep your guild mates interested, if all they do is complain about GBg season after season after season and dropping is not a solution for a broken system that's in dire need of repair?
And when stuck with guilds that help each other - for us Project Phoenix and Project Phoenix 2 - quite obviously they would help each other - and they are always in the same grouping because they have similar Guild IDs of 21,017 and 22,202, there is no way out because they will never be matched with other guilds with ID numbers that are more different - the system shouldn't allow guilds to operate in pairs in this way

r21r

Major-General
if the whole formula didn't "push" up weaker/not very active guilds, they wouldn't be in diamond but in a league with guilds of the same power.
the current match up (with ID's) is relevant and can be used from guilds that plan to be together on the map (not that easy though, but on some cases can be successful)

i remember from my 2ndary worlds, that when i am inactive on battlegrounds, the next round i wont be taken under participation.

still though, cooper silver and gold league, have great amount of totaly inactive guilds (that either fall or just played/took 1 sector the previous round and got up)

if a guild that captures just 1 or 2 sectors every round, is supposed to be in Gold , i personaly can't see how this can keep a healthy competition.'

i'll tell again some thoughts on how to improve.

1) lower the costs for buildings on the lower leagues - maybe increase on the higher ones
2) when a guild takes #1 among 4-5-6-7 Inactive guilds, do not give him +LP - keep it on 0 till the leagues balance again
3) when a guild doesn't compete for a round (not takes a sector) bring him to qualification round series so the main leagues don't get affected.
i'd say 3 rounds of qualification, and depending the competition, the guild can be positioned from cooper~gold
4) make a limit on how many diamond maps can be. on each world, no more than 10-20 guilds can actually "enjoy" 160 advances per sector, they struggle 2 days to "set" a map.