• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
i played the game within the game rulles with 0 cheating - if you want to call me exploiter, sorry, find something else to play with
Yes since Inno wants to claim "loopholes" after 6 years, i'd appreciate their sorry with a refund.

yes inno made an exploitable system of Quests (pretty much like Battlegrounds i think i have a screen with 3.000 FP's in my Bar) you want to call me exploiter ?

how you'd call the devs then ? Balancers ? hahaha

oh - and since you are an old player, you know whats the difference between romanians and bulgarians ? if you answer that, ill take your oppinions on exploiting seriusly - till then have your personal oppinions without "you's" in them, i never sold a single FP or Good for money

Here's the thing, Inno still has not even come out and actually said Exploit with CF or quest system in public, right? There still has been no Official announcement? Where's the "hey we implemented a 2k quest abort limit that doesn't work between ages but its because of X"

We knew from the CM's post about the quest abort delay reasoning, that one was just more obvious. It "seems" like they did it this way because its a lot more hidden.

Essentially, the best way to CM now, appears to be not aborting quests and setting up your city to complete the quests side by side, needing the daily supply building quests done. You could still potentially do a lot.

My guess is also, its not 2k quest completions, because that actual exploit, which is an actual exploit in the newest age (ages now) is all about aborting. So then, is it really a blanket nerf to CF because of an exploit Inno added to the game on purpose? They could easily take the quest they added, on purpose, out.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
My computer was so bad on handling quests the abort delay actually made it better, so I guess it varies a lot.

It took over 100 pages on the Beta forum and this one together to make them revert the PVP tournament changes.

Exactly, There was a huge uproar on Beta and here about it, I bet if we only reached 20 pages total, we'd still have it in game in its terrible state.

r21r

Major-General
@Goremise i do understand their decision, and the impact Chateau had (and still has) on GBG.
I do agree they should have done something, as it was a no brain that GBG + CF = Broken Game.
I can't agree the way they released a new world with unlimited quests - nor they removed unlimited quests from previous worlds...
i hope what i am saying is clear, because i am saying it with all my positive energy and with love for the game

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
@Goremise i do understand their decision, and the impact Chateau had (and still has) on GBG.
I do agree they should have done something, as it was a no brain that GBG + CF = Broken Game.
I can't agree the way they released a new world with unlimited quests - nor they removed unlimited quests from previous worlds...
i hope what i am saying is clear, because i am saying it with all my positive energy and with love for the game

To be honest, GBG is a never ending infinite resource supply that had a HUGE effect on the game, making fighting bonuses the best way to get FP and goods. its kinda surprising they let that go but focused so much on quests and nerfing the CF, maybe in 4 years GBG will be nerfed and deemed an exploit because of a future age, hah.

r21r

Major-General
To be honest, GBG is a never ending infinite resource supply that had a HUGE effect on the game, making fighting bonuses the best way to get FP and goods. its kinda surprising they let that go but focused so much on quests and nerfing the CF, maybe in 4 years GBG will be nerfed and deemed an exploit because of a future age, hah.
idk, many friends that i made on my 1st world, mostly older ones with kids, found themeselves spending too much time on the game and left..
didn't moaned for anything just left you know. what can we do, games are sweeter but bitter is also in our nature we can't avoid it

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Really??

They backed off???

Delay didn't effect the app players and for players on PC with a fast connection it was really no big thing at all. The different solution effects every one. I would not call that backing off. Seems more like stepping up.
That delay was horried for any honest player do RQ and yes after major complaints 1st in Beta then in live servers they withdrew the delay, so yes you could in your words say they backed off

idk, many friends that i made on my 1st world, mostly older ones with kids, found themeselves spending too much time on the game and left..
It's a common problem, players burn themselves out.
didn't moaned for anything just left you know. what can we do, games are sweeter but bitter is also in our nature we can't avoid it
Quite honestly, don't think i have ever played an MMORPG that hasn't been exploited in one way or another.
While it does not usually take years to plug an exploit, Inno has done a better job than most developers in making FOE a game that can be played a pace to suit many where it's not necessary to keep up to stay ahead. Indeed we have a guild member that still camping the bronze age with an arc and doing 1.9 threads.
FOE is a PVPVE game with an emphasis on PVE.

r21r

Major-General
Quite honestly, don't think i have ever played an MMORPG that hasn't been exploited in one way or another.
While it does not usually take years to plug an exploit, Inno has done a better job than most developers in making FOE a game that can be played a pace to suit many where it's not necessary to keep up to stay ahead. Indeed we have a guild member that still camping the bronze age with an arc and doing 1.9 threads.
FOE is a PVPVE game with an emphasis on PVE.
not all games are the same, nor comunities.

the same games i've played with EU players where only similar to graphics when i played them with eastern comunity, i even met servers denying locales due to total domination from clans that played only to conquer and sell. I don't think FoE can be putted side by side with such games, but there are similarities - though FoE is years back as it came up many years after the rest games i've been playing.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Infinite is pretty far-fetched. I managed to accumulate 3-4G coins/supplies in three years, but keep in mind that CF gives millions of coins and HC gives even more supplies, so I'd say most of this is from the daily collections, and not from quests.
Goods are a resource that you go for with CF mostly, Coins and Supllies are just a fuel that is "converted" into those Goods (and other more valuable resources).
Isn't that the point of pretty much any game? The more time you devote to it, the better you get. Why would it be a good idea to reward inaction?
Spending majority of the in-game time on clicking "Abort" and "Collect" button is more like "passive activity", similar to afk farming and similar procedures. I personally hated the whole procedure of doing UBQ over and over as it was taking majority of my playtime before.

Ati2

Legend
Goods are a resource that you go for with CF mostly, Coins and Supllies are just a fuel that is "converted" into those Goods (and other more valuable resources).
What's with the goods? The closest changelog entry that comes to explaining this nerf is "We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies." Not even a mention of goods. Although we're still not even sure this refers to this nerf.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
What's with the goods? The closest changelog entry that comes to explaining this nerf is "We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies." Not even a mention of goods. Although we're still not even sure this refers to this nerf.
Coins and Supplies have probably been mentioned because you cannot do UBQs without them. So, if you have infinite income of Coins and Supplies, it leads to having an infinite income of Goods.

r21r

Major-General
Coins and Supplies have probably been mentioned because you cannot do UBQs without them. So, if you have infinite income of Coins and Supplies, it leads to having an infinite income of Goods.
i think coins and supplies where mentioned because in SAAB and SAV you could get Coins/Supplies without spending any, because of the fight quests

Ati2

Legend
But you don't have an infinite amount of coins, supplies, or goods. What you could get was quite limited already.

The major problem is this secrecy, Inno not wanting to tell us why they made this nerf, or even if this is what they wanted at all. We've heard server load, we've heard endless coins and supplies, we've heard ranking points (actually, we haven't heard that officially, iT's only the timing that suggests a relevance to that feature), etc. If the coins and supplies were the issue, then a little foresight could have helped, such as not creating a GB that will unbalance the whole game's supply production. But even with coins and supplies out of balance, a simpler solution would have been to give a smaller amount of supplies and coins as a reward. But that wasn't the solution, so we're left wondering if this was even the issue. Ah well.

Excellent change... it was definitely an unbalanced exploit... should've been dealt with years ago...

Haven't heard a single player complain in my world in either guild or global chat.

Excellent change... it was definitely an unbalanced exploit... should've been dealt with years ago...

Haven't heard a single player complain in my world in either guild or global chat.
My undocumented assumption tells me that only very few players are affected by the change, so not many players complain about it. Most players probably haven't even noticed, because they never reach the new limit anyway, and they don't read the forum, so they are not even aware there's been a change (it wasn't officially announced).

I don't agree though, that the change was a good idea. On the contrary.

Vesiger

Monarch
Just wonder what Inno mean by mechanisms, routines and measures that disrupt and overload the system?
I guess nobody but Inno knows exactly. But it's not allowed :D
I suspect that's precisely the sort of thing you don't list specifics on in terms and conditions, for the reason that people would then take the approach that any exploit not listed was ipso facto legal and hence you wouldn't be allowed to shut it down. You have to have some kind of catch-all definition to allow for things that hadn't been thought of but are still undesirable when invented.

Last edited:
I suspect that's precisely the sort of thing you don't list specifics on in terms and conditions, for the reason that people would then take the approach that any exploit not listed was ipso facto legal and hence you wouldn't be allowed to shut it down. You have to have some kind of catch-all definition to allow for things that hadn't been thought of but are still undesirable when invented.

Makes sense :)

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
i think coins and supplies where mentioned because in SAAB and SAV you could get Coins/Supplies without spending any, because of the fight quests
If we think about the same quest, you don't actually complete the quest, so you don't get anything from it, as you just do the fight and then abort the quest.