• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Are there gay or gay-friendly guilds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalFief

Private
I run a gay guild on Mount Killmore world - it is still a very young guild and could do with more LGBTQ+ players and Allies.

It is called 'Gay Tribes United' and is very relevant to this game, just as LGBTQ+ people are relevant to the world in general (despite what some people might think!)

Hi, i'm new, and i didn't find anything on this question: Are there gay guilds or gay-friendly ones? Thanks

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Some people are Gay - get used to it!
the forum should not be used to promote gay anything, your either a player or not a player no need to try to promote your sexual ways and certainly not where kids are present. find an adult room to do your thing

LocalFief

Private
What sort of bigoted idiot thinks kids can't know about gay people?
A very heterosexist bigoted one @Powe and also one who lets their kids play / read an FoE Forum when the Innogames 'Terms of Use' specify that only 16 years or older can play FoE.

And to think, it was previously remarked that having LGBTQ+ guilds or LGBTQ+ friendly guilds was irrelevant when confronted with such blatant Homophobia!!

No idea. It’s irrelevant to playing and therefore usually doesn’t get brought up.

Of course it wouldn't get brought up if nobody wishes to enter into a dialogue about it! It is clearly relevant to LGBTQ+ people though!

Last edited:

LocalFief

Private
And some people do not have any interest in yours either @Matt the Melancholic - Get over that !! Thus the reason why it is better to find like-minded, friendly people, instead of hateful, unfriendly people!

Anyway, it's not all about sexuality - it's about enjoying one's gay life to the absolute fullest; and the original post was about trying to find LGBTQ+ guilds or LGBTQ+ Friendly guilds where one did not have to tolerate heterosexist attitudes that LGBTQ+ people have their noses rubbed in everyday!!

Powe

Brigadier-General
And some people do not have any interest in yours either @Matt the Melancholic - Get over that !! Thus the reason why it is better to find like-minded, friendly people, instead of hateful, unfriendly people!

Anyway, it's not all about sexuality - it's about enjoying one's gay life to the absolute fullest; and the original post was about trying to find LGBTQ+ guilds or LGBTQ+ Friendly guilds where one did not have to tolerate heterosexist attitudes that LGBTQ+ people have their noses rubbed in everyday!!
Just don't mention you're gay. It's pretty unlikely that'll come up in conversation.

LocalFief

Private
Just don't mention you're gay. It's pretty unlikely that'll come up in conversation.

Perhaps not in your conversation and I respect that - I am free of shame though and 'gay' comes up in my conversation every day and given the choice, I prefer to be in the company of gay men singularly, as none of the usual heterosexist talk comes up and one can just enjoy life. Thus why I have formed a LGBTQ+ guild on Mount Killmore 'Gay Tribes United'

Vesiger

Monarch
Perhaps not in your conversation and I respect that - I am free of shame though and 'gay' comes up in my conversation every day and given the choice, I prefer to be in the company of gay men singularly, as none of the usual heterosexist talk comes up and one can just enjoy life. Thus why I have formed a LGBTQ+ guild on Mount Killmore 'Gay Tribes United'
If you're looking to converse exclusively with gay men, you probably need to keep out the lesbians and bisexuals, never mind the transexuals...
[Edit: and once you put it that way, yes, the whole concept does become pretty disturbing; this isn't a chatline we're talking about.]

LocalFief

Private
If you're looking to converse exclusively with gay men, you probably need to keep out the lesbians and bisexuals, never mind the transexuals...
Well I really like lesbians, bisexuals and I love trans people. I have great respect for trans people, as their struggle is doubly more difficult than gay, lesbian or bisexual struggles - I do not actually mind heteros, as long as they appreciate that I as a gay man am part of this world - my world is inclusive (unlike quite a lot of intolerant people on here) and not exclusive.

Emberguard

Legend
Of course it wouldn't get brought up if nobody wishes to enter into a dialogue about it! It is clearly relevant to LGBTQ+ people though!
It’s not just limited to LGBT+ with what I said. People don’t usually bring up in the game topics of sexuality in general unless they are talking about themselves and then usually nothing more then “have to go, wife calling” or something. People don’t then ask for further details usually. It’s not a dating app and whether someone is straight, gay or something else doesn’t change how well they play the game.

LocalFief

Private
It’s not just limited to LGBT+ with what I said. People don’t usually bring up in the game topics of sexuality in general unless they are talking about themselves and then usually nothing more then “have to go, wife calling” or something. People don’t then ask for further details usually. It’s not a dating app and whether someone is straight, gay or something else doesn’t change how well they play the game.

No it is not a dating app, I understand that - I am married, so it would not be my motivation for setting up a LGBTQ+ guild!
These imaginary, non-written rules that you are keen to impose on others @Emberguard appear to work well for your quaint little existence but they do not work for me and I don't want them
... by the same token, I would like to say "have to go, husband calling" without having someone make a huge fuss about the prospect that I might be gay and married to another another man. A LGBTQ+ guild just would not have this big fuss being made - all because someone feels insecure or scared about their own sexuality - and such remarks would be commonplace. It is about feeling comfortable - just like you like to feel comfortable. It is about enjoying a game on a level playing-field!

Status
Not open for further replies.