• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Aborting and cycling fight quests in SAAB (Venus too, soon) for useless ranking points makes no sense to me. I don't care about rank position. It's not the purpose of the game for me. If some players want to spend hours every day on repeating fight quests to get on top of the rank list, I have absolutely no problem with that. Go ahead...

average amount of quests

Most players? That's your assumption. My assumption is that most players do NOT level their CFs to do RQ's for hours every day. They just do it to get better rewards from a moderate amounts of quests.
I have a somewhat high level CF (not above 100 though, yet), and I'm happy with the reward boosts I get from it without cycling RQ's all day long (I have better things to do).
Actually, I don't know very many players who use their high level CF's to cycle RQ's for hours. It's mostly a few moaners on this forum.
I don't cycle RQs for hours and probably won't ever hit the abort limit. However, I am disgusted by the absolute disrespect shown towards players (our time, effort, sometimes money invested) by this change. This nerf didn't just come 1 or 2 months after releasing a flawed update that had to be fixed. No, high level CFs were already around and an established gaming strategy when I started playing this game more than 4 years ago. It doesn't take 4-5 years to understand how a GB works.
This nerf (yes, that's what it is), that's not how you treat players. A nerf like that after such a long time, why would anyone (especially new players) want to invest time, effort and/or money in a game like that when something like this can happen to any GB at any moment (even after having invested in them for years)?

Emberguard

Legend
Or are you trying to say that support should do research before giving people information from an official source?
Support usually does their research. However for whatever reason there was miscommunication somewhere that resulted in support being given incorrect info at the time. I don't know who's at fault here. I just know there was a mistake somewhere along the line. It did strike me as odd at the time of the RQ delay first coming out. I'm glad it got reversed though, not everyone has fast internet so a delay would effect people differently depending on their internet speeds

Actually, I don't know very many players who use their high level CF's to cycle RQ's for hours.
That is a interesting point.

Though another thing to consider, is how players playstyles evolve over time. When I first started out I thought I'd never get into RQ's. Thought it'd be too tedious. Then as I started experimenting on new cities I got into RQs and do a lot more then I ever thought I'd be bothered to do. Not nearly as much as a heavy quester I'm sure, but who knows if one day it'd end up becoming something I do

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Lets write creative feedback... :D
To make it clear, i am writing this as high end player with chateau on level 102 WHO STILL DIDNT GET MESSAGE ABOUT 2K QUESTS LIMIT CAUSE NOT EXPLOITING IT atm but raised it on 102 when there was quest 'pay x coins and x suplies' and that way turned them into goods and FP's and with that paid out my CF several dozens of times till now... few above stated it is impossible to exploit CF but you just get rank points from RQ's with killing 2 armies. AGAIN WRONG and in that we can see how some players can improve their skills a lot (i would dare to say majority)... You have 3 RQ's same time, you place it like this: Q1 'kill 40 units' Q2 'win 12 battles' and Q3 you rotate and just beat armies in quests and dont do 2nd part of quest but abort it and problem solved you will get rewards from Q1 and Q2 while rotating Q3. Problem is that developers with their approach punished tons of players which wasnt doing it. Few problems we have with rotating quests infinite times if you can call them problems...

1. doing thousands easy battles and getting 'undeserved' rank (under quotes cause what is 'deserved' rank at all?)
2. exploiting chateau with combo of 3 quests with just killing weak armies with bad setup which dont inflict any damage on you but give you just extra points.
3. wining towers and PvP competitions again with killing useless armies instead to fight against other players or in GbG and GvG.

I wonder which one of those 3 triggered developers to put 2k abort limit... developers could solve all this really simple... REMOVE RQ'S WITH FIGHTING ARMIES OR MAKE THEM GOOD SETUP AND 1000%-1000% BONUS SO THAT EVEN HIGH END PLAYERS LOSE SOME UNITS ON THEM but instead they took 'easy road' and just placed some random number after which you cant do more RQ's... REPEATING, SAYING ALL THIS AS SOMEONE WHO STILL DIDNT SUFFER THIS PERSONALY CAUSE I AM TO LAZY TO DO RQ'S

Knight of ICE

Most players? That's your assumption. My assumption is that most players do NOT level their CFs to do RQ's for hours every day. They just do it to get better rewards from a moderate amounts of quests.

I did it for the diamonds every RQ gives and for the goods at the start of a new era. At that time I only abort quests that I have already gotten the diamonds from, but no way I am going to recycle quests for hours. I take it as it comes.

Funny how people always complain about FoE being a clicking game and that they have to do way to many clicks on a day. They come up with all sorts of ideas, like an aid all button, to reduce clicking, but when clicking gets reduced for them they are not happy with it.

Ati2

Legend
Funny how people always complain about FoE being a clicking game and that they have to do way to many clicks on a day. They come up with all sorts of ideas, like an aid all button, to reduce clicking, but when clicking gets reduced for them they are not happy with it.
I don't see how an "aid all" button and nerfing a GB is the same... :D :D :D

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Really do not know if you said that as a serious point or as a piss take when dealing a important subject ? either way not the way to get players to respect you :(

Yes, funny that how players don't like fewer options in how they choose to play their game ;;)

P.S. Clicking getting "reduced for them" in this case would be something like the ability to hide RQs you aren't interested in so you don't have to click and abort them every single time. Limiting aborts is not that, and it feels disingenuous to suggest that it is.

Last edited:
This is my first post.

I believe this 2000 Abort Limit was implemented to stop those players who use software to move the mouse and click on quests automatically without user input to make unlimited attempts. Which is clearly against the terms of use of the game and it's exploiting the game.

However this only prevents those not using such software from doing quests above this limit. Those using software will still use software up to this limit.

Can Inno please implement a random element to RQ to stop this behavior and then remove the 2000 abort limit so those who actually want to do more RQ can actually do so unhindered.

A simple fix is this:

Recurring Quest 1 : Random from Total Remaining Quest.
Recurring Quest 2 : Random from the Total Remaining Quest.
Recurring Quest 3. Random from the Total Remaining Quest.

Eventually Two Quests will remain and finally One Quest.

Start of new cycle of quest and start from Recurring Quest 1 : Random from Total Remaining Quest.

Cycle all quests this way. So that every cycle all quest appear once but in a random order.

This will mean only those actually looking at the screen will be able to know which quests to stop on and click.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Cuthwolf

Captain
Ideally the cheats using macros would have been caught with 'heat maps' showing the same pixel being clicked repeatably. If that is not possible then introducing a random element (say, an extra quest every 10 cycles). This seems a very blunt tool.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Ideally the cheats using macros would have been caught with 'heat maps' showing the same pixel being clicked repeatably. If that is not possible then introducing a random element (say, an extra quest every 10 cycles). This seems a very blunt tool.

Most macro tools now include a randomisation feature which could easily beat a heat map, but I agree it does seem to be a blunt tool.

The 2000 abort limit has cut one player's 6000 fights a day down to around 700, so that worked, but now the top fighter is using GvG to knock down easy champ fights for about 1500 fights a day - no aborts required, and it's not cheating.

All that's really happened is a different exploit has come to the fore.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Please do not say that - they will quote you without the laugh icon and say some players support this !!!!!!! :lol:
But he would be correct though. Many players do support it. As with most things in life, it is the vocal minority that always seem to feel that they are the majority of everything. 2000 aborts is still far too many. To fix that, use the weekly reset only, not the daily.

I kept seeing messages saying CF is the 2nd best GB in the game.
Luckily I haven't got into spending loads of diamonds or doing lots of RQ's yet.
Reading this thread, those who have are not happy with the 2000 exploit limit because it limits their playstyle and ability to play the game how they like.
Some suggest CF is now nerfed but it's still a good GB and new players like me will never be able to get ahead doing RQ's as fast as others who have been playing for years so they will retain that advantage forever.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Yes, CF is still an extremely good GB, and still one of the best. Even you can "only" abort 2000 quests per day now. How many players do that anyway?
Just need a poll to ask players how many of them have no lives. Those that "play" this game to mostly just do recurring/abort quests probably are too busy aborting to answer any poll. So, maybe the 2000 limit was so that they would be able to do something now, other than aborting all day long.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Whoa, I've missed a lot, so the delay turned into a 2k quest abort? I can see that not effecting a lot of people, but at the same time. If you are a heavy quester, that's a direct game nerf to the way you play the game and shows them rather a lot of disrespect. A fix for a quest that Inno themselves added (And then for some reason, added again to the newest age) is to make the CF worse at all ages and to heavy nerf, heavy questers?

It just seems odd to me, cause I bet heavy questers will be hitting this now forced cap daily. If they are going to add a cap like this, allow people who heavy quest to put certain quests on an ignore list, that way they don't have to abort as much, or at all and can just spend more time questing.

Why make the choice to objectively make the game worse? When its easy to make the game better? Why not just remove the exploiting quest, instead of hindering even Iron age players?

This change is honestly massive, and it directly means the heavy questing playstyle, no longer is viable.