• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GVG reset times

Helen of Zoy

Private
We are encouraged to start new worlds, when you are multi world it is not possible to be at reset in all, it would help enormously if Reset were at different times in different worlds. We are a multi nationality game, so what is convenient for some is not for others anyway. I have team members who have to join Gvg reset at inconvenient times for them, so good for some and not for others anyway.

Knight of ICE

We are encouraged to start new worlds, when you are multi world it is not possible to be at reset in all, it would help enormously if Reset were at different times in different worlds. We are a multi nationality game, so what is convenient for some is not for others anyway. I have team members who have to join Gvg reset at inconvenient times for them, so good for some and not for others anyway.

You are not encouraged to start new worlds. Don't know where you get that. There is no GvG reset time that will be convenient to all. GvG is linked to server time. If you want it to be convenient, all you can do is to start playing on a language server that is more convenient for you. They tried to change reset time once and that was not a real succes.

Oggy4201

Private
There is no GvG reset time that will be convenient to all. GvG is linked to server time. If you want it to be convenient, all you can do is to start playing on a language server that is more convenient for you.

The above quote refers to GVGs, I wish to discuss Global Battlegrounds reset times. The areas at issue are the same.

If reset time is linked to server time, then why can't you simply locate the server in the geographical region for the players??? My reset time is 4:30 AM local time and I feel it's unfair for european players to get a 11:00 PM or earlier in the evening reset when they can start the side games. I lose valuable hours of game time whenever we start a new side game because it starts at a VERY INCONVENIENT TIME of day.

Knight of ICE

The above quote refers to GVGs, I wish to discuss Global Battlegrounds reset times. The areas at issue are the same.

If reset time is linked to server time, then why can't you simply locate the server in the geographical region for the players??? My reset time is 4:30 AM local time and I feel it's unfair for european players to get a 11:00 PM or earlier in the evening reset when they can start the side games. I lose valuable hours of game time whenever we start a new side game because it starts at a VERY INCONVENIENT TIME of day.

The answer does not change much. Reset time is related to the server you play on, not to where you live.

Oggy4201

Private
Hey Knight, thanks for the quick reply, that's above and beyond somethin....

The answer does not change much. Reset time is related to the server you play on, not to where you live. "
The answer to what??? This is unclear.

"Reset time is related to the server I play on..." Exactly correct as far as it goes, but it stops there. In addition, reset time is related to the location of the server as well, which would have to reflect local time. When players, say in central europe, have a reset time that is dictated by locality, to be at a convenient time for them, then to impose that time stamp on players that are 4-6 or 7 hours different raises issues. If you are trying to maintain that location doesn't affect the outcome, I think you're wrong. If I have to wait until 3 or 4 hours after initialization (assuming I don't wish to get up at 4AM to play a game) then I am negatively affected. I suspect that would be obvious. Players on North america's west coast are 12 hours different than game time. Ultimately, it's a question of equal access. It would be like starting a foot race with half of the runners having to wait until the rest are out of sight.

The server could be put in north america for for all players from north, central and south america. There is a whole world of other games on the net like this game, that have multiple servers around the globe to serve the local players in a time related manner such that all players are treated equally.

So now the question is : Where are the servers? Europe ?? I don't know. difficult to see them being in N. America with the time settings in the game.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

The answer does not change much. Reset time is related to the server you play on, not to where you live. "

"Reset time is related to the server I play on..." Exactly correct as far as it goes, but it stops there. In addition, reset time is related to the location of the server as well, which would have to reflect local time. When players, say in central europe, have a reset time that is dictated by locality, to be at a convenient time for them, then to impose that time stamp on players that are 4-6 or 7 hours different raises issues. If you are trying to maintain that location doesn't affect the outcome, I think you're wrong. If I have to wait until 3 or 4 hours after initialization (assuming I don't wish to get up at 4AM to play a game) then I am negatively affected. I suspect that would be obvious. Players on North america's west coast are 12 hours different than game time. Ultimately, it's a question of equal access. It would be like starting a foot race with half of the runners having to wait until the rest are out of sight.

The server could be put in north america for for all players from north, central and south america. There is a whole world of other games on the net like this game, that have multiple servers around the globe to serve the local players in a time related manner such that all players are treated equally.

So now the question is : Where are the servers? Europe ?? I don't know. difficult to see them being in N. America with the time settings in the game.

All servers are in Germany. There are however different language servers and those servers have the time setting of the country they represent. This server is the International server, but since the required language is English it has been labelled EN and is on EN time.

It was your own choice to play on the international server that uses UK time.
If you want US time in the game, you can play on the US server.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
It was your own choice to play on the international server that uses UK time.
If you want US time in the game, you can play on the US server.
FoE tv or whatever link to the game there was when I started funneled players to EN/international server as the default, and I thought the selector was just choosing to play in English which of course, I wanted. I didn't know for a long time that there were different ones for the US, or that there would be reset times that mattered for your time zone consideration, beyond just language. On the browser it still shows a split flag, US/UK too, like this:
1619826406688.png

Kind of deceptive, and it's a common source of confusion for new players, as is the many worlds within each server. More than one person has tried to get a friend to join the game and they end up creating in a lot of places before they match up to the same server and world as their friend.

By the time I figured it all out, I didn't want to start my city over. It might be worth Oggy4201 switching servers, if you're not too far along.

FoE tv or whatever link to the game there was when I started funneled players to EN/international server as the default, and I thought the selector was just choosing to play in English which of course, I wanted. I didn't know for a long time that there were different ones for the US, or that there would be reset times that mattered for your time zone consideration, beyond just language. On the browser it still shows a split flag, US/UK too, like this:
View attachment 23321

Kind of deceptive, and it's a common source of confusion for new players, as is the many worlds within each server. More than one person has tried to get a friend to join the game and they end up creating in a lot of places before they match up to the same server and world as their friend.

By the time I figured it all out, I didn't want to start my city over. It might be worth Oggy4201 switching servers, if you're not too far along.
All true :-)