• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update 1.201 Feedback

Ati2

Legend
YES, and again "snuck in", never announced.
Other MMO games have a council of players, or even make poll/votes of large numbers before doing anything that changes game mechanics in such a big scale.

CF and recurrents being in game for many many years; never been a problem.
Some "smart" guy thinks adding armys to some SAAB recurrents is a good idea, apparently it creates a problem or imbalance (cause ranking is sOOOOO important). Instead of getting rid of the little thing that created it, lets snuck in a delay, "wasnt intended" oh ok, then a limit abort to correct it. AHHH, and apparently, lets keep the idea that broke the game trough on the new age, doing armys AGAIN, as we already broke the game with a limit abort.

Why was necessary to add the armys there? makes more sense in lower ages to use HC and SC on days when no gbg/GE is active. SAM-SAAB players can fight in the map for ore and ice anyways, NO LOGIC

Does anyone there think things trough???

To go a step farther... we use CF to generate goods. Goods that are used for negotiations. With CF not giving enough goods, we can no longer efficiently take part in guild-activities either.

So just because they don't want to remove the one (or two or three) newly added quests that cause problems, Inno starts a whole avalanche, causing players who have been relying on CF for years to not be able to keep playing.

Can we at least put the FPs we have on the no longer useful CF on some other GBs? (Of course, only if that other GB won't also be nerfed next week.)

Behelzebhu

Private
Ok, as you insist on destroying the game:

I want the fps i spent on my CF, to take it to level 90, 100, etc in 3 different citys, back in inventory; as makes NO SENSE to have it at such high level if i cant do enough recurrents to get some goods. Only reason i put it in city and leveled this high, was so i could do recurrents.

Also,4-5 extra expansions free, so i can plant Goods buildings, as i rely on the CF to keep the city going, but current limit, as only a % of the recurrents will give goods, my city cannot function anymore.
More expansions for un-refined goods as well. almost forgot this one

--Did you considered all this? if YEs then you can comply the above to EVERY player that uses CF for goods; and keep your limit abort.

Knight of ICE

People this is a feedback thread on the update. If you want to hold a discussion on the number of RQ's you are allowed to have in a day start a new thread on that.

Behelzebhu

Private
This completely breaks the game for EVERYONE
including the players that complained about the rank points increase some were doing

The players obtaining lots of goods via the CF, keep trades for/and fill treasurys, so GVG and GBG can continue.
EVERYTHING will get slowed down now, every player CF or not, recurrents or not will suffer it

Knight of ICE

Hmm?

The update imposed the limit. We're giving feedback on the issues it causes that Inno most likely didn't even consider when coming up with this limit.

Limit is not official part of this update. You gave feedback on it, no problem with that, but you are now turning it into a discussion and that only harms the feedback.

Feedback isn't repeating the same thing over and over again. Turning this into a discussion, or even more a rant, will only result in feedback being snowed under, so I kindly request to start a discussion thread on it, if you want to hold a discussion on the subject.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
This completely breaks the game for EVERYONE
including the players that complained about the rank points increase some were doing

The players obtaining lots of goods via the CF, keep trades for/and fill treasurys, so GVG and GBG can continue.
EVERYTHING will get slowed down now, every player CF or not, recurrents or not will suffer it
Not broken. Players taking advantage of a broken mechanic for a long period of time, looks more like players whining and complaining that they cannot use their version of cheating (which a broken mechanic is often considered to be). If anything, the 2000 limit should be lowered OR better yet, leave the 2000 limit alone and only reset it with the regular weekly reset.

Ati2

Legend
Limit is not official part of this update. You gave feedback on it, no problem with that, but you are now turning it into a discussion and that only harms the feedback.

Feedback isn't repeating the same thing over and over again. Turning this into a discussion, or even more a rant, will only result in feedback being snowed under, so I kindly request to start a discussion thread on it, if you want to hold a discussion on the subject.
I'm way over the point of wanting to discuss this. I'll post whatever else I find it broke, and that's pretty much it. I'm waiting this out for a few more weeks before making a decision about what to do.

r21r

Major-General
Not broken. Players taking advantage of a broken mechanic for a long period of time, looks more like players whining and complaining that they cannot use their version of cheating (which a broken mechanic is often considered to be). If anything, the 2000 limit should be lowered OR better yet, leave the 2000 limit alone and only reset it with the regular weekly reset.
you are partly correct, the whole game is broken, setting limits for non-bot users ain't solving anything.
im exploiting RQ's you are exploiting helper, the other one is exploiting VPN's, if we hammer everyone, who will be left here to play with ?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
you are partly correct, the whole game is broken, setting limits for non-bot users ain't solving anything.
im exploiting RQ's you are exploiting helper, the other one is exploiting VPN's, if we hammer everyone, who will be left here to play with ?
The ones left will probably be the ones that here to play because they felt the game was interesting enough to play, and continue to play. Especially since the newer players for the most part are not able to take part in these various exploits yet - so they are playing the game more along the lines of how it was intended to be played. And there will be more than just 'newish' players here, as there are quite a number of other people playing this game because they enjoy it - not because they find they need to take advantage of whatever loopholes there are. There will be many players left. It is more of the wanna-be elitist type that may be gone - and for the regular 'joes', there is no real problem with that.

Ati2

Legend
The ones left will probably be the ones that here to play because they felt the game was interesting enough to play, and continue to play. Especially since the newer players for the most part are not able to take part in these various exploits yet - so they are playing the game more along the lines of how it was intended to be played. And there will be more than just 'newish' players here, as there are quite a number of other people playing this game because they enjoy it - not because they find they need to take advantage of whatever loopholes there are. There will be many players left. It is more of the wanna-be elitist type that may be gone - and for the regular 'joes', there is no real problem with that.
I think you're exploiting the game. Are you spending more than 10 FPs a day? Surely there's a reason the FP-bar only has 10 places. If you are spending more, you are exploiting the game and should be punished! :D

(Seriously, guys. Which type of feedback is more important? The ones that come from players who have been playing for more than a day, or players who have been playing for multiple years?)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
One other thought - if there are so many things broken in the game - then the developers have a very big task ahead of them, depending on how much they want to fix. Can only really fix one thing at a time - and you can bet dollars to donuts that when 1 fix is done, there will be a number of players looking for new ways to exploit that fix to their advantage, as well as seeing if it creating other breaks that those same players can try to exploit. Slowly cutting down on the number of broken items, especially in the world of computer programming (and more so in a program that has years of code and multiple different coders) takes a lot of time and effort.
The biggest issue, it appears (since I can admit I do not know for certain one way or another) is how the Beta feedback does not seem to be taken into account enough. Of course, not all Beta testing can be as thorough as one would want, and so a Live server or two has to be considered Beta 2.0 - but that is another issue that is not part of what this thread was meant for.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I think you're exploiting the game. Are you spending more than 10 FPs a day? Surely there's a reason the FP-bar only has 10 places. If you are spending more, you are exploiting the game and should be punished! :D

(Seriously, guys. Which type of feedback is more important? The ones that come from players who have been playing for more than a day, or players who have been playing for multiple years?)
What a completely ridiculous statement. Not sure if you say this in jest or not. The FP bar only has 10 places so that a player cannot go absent for days at a time and come back to having dozens or hundreds of FPs. The FP bar is a free FP (no game play even required) and has a limit which is completely ordinary and understandable.

Ati2

Legend
What a completely ridiculous statement. Not sure if you say this in jest or not. The FP bar only has 10 places so that a player cannot go absent for days at a time and come back to having dozens or hundreds of FPs. The FP bar is a free FP (no game play even required) and has a limit which is completely ordinary and understandable.
Yet you're still spending more FPs a day. Why? Just because you can? That's not a valid reasoning. You just said that people who do what they can are exploiting the game.

Anyway, this is going beyond the point of feedback. Let's leave it at that.

r21r

Major-General
One other thought - if there are so many things broken in the game - then the developers have a very big task ahead of them, depending on how much they want to fix. Can only really fix one thing at a time - and you can bet dollars to donuts that when 1 fix is done, there will be a number of players looking for new ways to exploit that fix to their advantage, as well as seeing if it creating other breaks that those same players can try to exploit. Slowly cutting down on the number of broken items, especially in the world of computer programming (and more so in a program that has years of code and multiple different coders) takes a lot of time and effort.
The biggest issue, it appears (since I can admit I do not know for certain one way or another) is how the Beta feedback does not seem to be taken into account enough. Of course, not all Beta testing can be as thorough as one would want, and so a Live server or two has to be considered Beta 2.0 - but that is another issue that is not part of what this thread was meant for.
personaly - 1.5 year ago when joined this forum i gave as feedback, better put a line and make FoE Classic and FoE 2.0, keep all the players and let them pick their style. for sure some people want the old game, and for sure others want something new

@Knight of ICE if i went over the line with discussing, and my posts seem spam more than feedback, feel free to delete them/move them