• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal Feedback

.Org

Private
It's already there. Perhaps you should read the announcement.
I did. And I've read it again. And I'm trying to help my guild move their forum stuff over. If there's an explanation of how to make posts persistent in this current version please point me to it :)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Fantastic. Thank you :)

Only problem with "Important conversations" is that there is a limit, and any thread not there automatically gets deleted with inactivity. Also the formatting is different and of course as mentioned above, everything will be under the posters name, or rather, the person who copy/pasted it all.

Would be cool to have the forums formatting in the message centre, be able to pick our own colours and such. (And post URL's without the game deleting your message sometimes).

But hey, at least you can tell new recruits to click the important tab to see rules and relevant information :)

Knight of ICE

Only problem with "Important conversations" is that there is a limit,

I really wish people would read the announcements, especially when they want to participate in the feedback on the subject!

In recognition of how far the Message Center has come, we have a list of improvements since its release;

• Important Conversations were added, allowing players to mark conversations that they most valued.
  • The limit of Important Conversations was expanded from 5, and now the player can have as many Important Conversations as they desire.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
hah, that's interesting, but then at the same time, doesn't that defeat the purpose of it? Its essentially then become the history tab :) May as well make every single message marked important, then nothing gets deleted?

Knight of ICE

hah, that's interesting, but then at the same time, doesn't that defeat the purpose of it? Its essentially then become the history tab :) May as well make every single message marked important, then nothing gets deleted?

Don't know for sure. Will check.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Yeah they certainly never promised a loss-less experience. Just that there will be some guild messages that don't get deleted, so in theory you can put everything in message center instead. By hand. With totally different formatting, no hyperlinks, no colors, no bold and underline, etc -- but hey you can keep it in a message forever, buried on page 3-5 of your guild tab, where people will still ask "where's the list of..."

And yes, I spent 2 weeks last Fall when this first came up moving everything from our forum somewhere else and reorganizing it, so that by this time I'm done caring what happens. Do I like it? Not really, but neither do I like the complete imbalance in the game, so it's like, death by a thousand cuts? GBG and GvG are actually both broken now, one because of attrition cheats and bad league system, the other because of level 80 arcs and the 1000% attack boost released for the other feature - like a 75% defense HQ in GVG means anything to anyone - and none of it will fixed. PvP arena will be back and PvP towers gone again too, coming soon; after all, there has to be some way to hide the fact that people are still bot-farming the recurring Saab quest fights so it's not so easy to see the peeps in your hood who have 2500 fights on one of the 3 days when GBG camp cheats are not even available to them.

The game is really a shell of what it once was, it's more a time for sad reflection than more "feedback" as one gets the idea that Inno will double down on the direction they've decided to go, whatever the topic. All you have to do is look on the beta forum and see that Venus will include the same abused recurring fight quests that Saab had, to know that.

I had a player spend weeks copy pasting the forum posts to a Google Docs just in case, so that we'd find out that it's pointless, what's funny is the screenshot that they posted in the announcement, on the left side you have the guild forum, on the right side you have the message centre, and you have a photo shopped arrow from the guild forum to the message centre, without a actual ingame feature to do this automatically and preserve the original author names / posts, and formatting ...

diamond spending boycott pending, maybe then Inno will open it's eyes and start listening to it's players

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't break my heart to see forums go - I'm old, my eyes are old, it's hard to read tiny gold letters on a brown background. But there's one thing....

The message centre deletes messages after a certain time. More than once I've gone back to check something, found lots of comments, but the original message had been deep-sixed. If you're going to nuke the forums, then there has to be a way to ensure that certain messages - guild rules, that sort of thing - don't fall off the edge of the earth.

A "go back to the start" button on messages would also help, rather than having to reload after every sixth message.

Knight of ICE

Not quite

* An automatic deletion process was created, retaining the first 500 messages within Important Conversations, and triggering an automatic deletion process from the 501st message after 60 days.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I had a player spend weeks copy pasting the forum posts to a Google Docs just in case, so that we'd find out that it's pointless, what's funny is the screenshot that they posted in the announcement, on the left side you have the guild forum, on the right side you have the message centre, and you have a photo shopped arrow from the guild forum to the message centre, without a actual ingame feature to do this automatically and preserve the original author names / posts, and formatting ...

diamond spending boycott pending, maybe then Inno will open it's eyes and start listening to it's players
They would have had to update the forum to add a feature to make some sort of export/transfer process. And add all the formatting options to the message center. It would have been nice, but I can also understand not updating something that's about to be nuked anyway.

All it's told me is the game is too limited to contain and organize our documents and we moved it all elsewhere. Google and Discord both do it better, so 3rd party apps here we come. having it in the game was convenient, but there's more flexibility and capability on other platforms.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Notice the common point of most threads - this is not a good change, no way to transfer posts which are valuable and inability of a guild founder to say this post stays for ever - how on earth can you do such a change without consulting guilds and understand guilds issues with it

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Not quite

* An automatic deletion process was created, retaining the first 500 messages within Important Conversations, and triggering an automatic deletion process from the 501st message after 60 days.

Oh, ugh. Well that sucks honestly, but oh well. Since messages get deleted after a certain time, you really do have to save things outside of the game to make them permanent then now.

Essentially, no more seeing year old comments if its an active thread, it has to be a thread that is BOTH locked AND marked important. lol.

To be honest, I wish everyone or rather, more people just used discord, its still infinitely better then the games message systems and doesn't come with limitations such as comment limits and allows for better moderations and talking without the game up. Ya know, I never really saw many people talking about how this games messaging system needed as big of an overhaul as it got, which would also lead to the removal of the games forums.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Why not make the guild forum a button and include messages in to the forum?
That way you would make the forum accessible to mobile players too...
Have a friend who just started and she has ditched the mobile platform for her lap top, saying its too strenuous on the eyes in mobile version, plus there is more information on her laptop screen.
Maybe it's time to reconsider tailoring all the updates towards mobile users and instead invest in the lap top / tablet formats that people prefer to play these type of in depth games on.
I for one only use the mobile version in emergencies and then only to collect stuff.