• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sniper?

Adream

Private
I'm a new player, I don't know the rules of FoE at all. Today, a friend told me: Don't put fp on anyone's GB without asking the GB owner. This may cause them to mistake you as a sniper. You should use your swap threads.

Is she right? Where is my swap thread?

My English is poor, thank you in advance!

Janet Devlin

Corporal
I will give you my opinion.
FoE rules don't apply. You can play the game as you choose to.

I personally look at this like an investment. There is a return on investment and it helps the builder.

Guilds can make their own rules so as to indicate how they want friends to play.

You can go along with it happily or make your own decision on any play.

Just have fun doing so. :)

Knight of ICE

I'm a new player, I don't know the rules of FoE at all. Today, a friend told me: Don't put fp on anyone's GB without asking the GB owner. This may cause them to mistake you as a sniper. You should use your swap threads.

Swap threads are created by Guilds. In a swap thread you donate a fixed number of fp's in the GB of the person that responded before you.

Putting fp's in anyone's GB isn't really a written rule, but something most players go by. There are players that have made arrangements with other players, so by putting fp's in their GB without asking them, you might go against the arrangements they have made. While that isn't against game rules, it might result in them unfriending you, or if they are your neighbour, attack and plunder you. It is also possible they would level your GB, just to take repercussions for you putting fp's in their GB. So, while it is not against any game rule, it is not always the smart thing to do. It all depends on the other player. That's why it does not hurt to ask first.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant

Snipers are players that put just enough FPs in someone's GB so they secure the place they are taking while also having profit.
Sniping friends or guildmates is considered "immoral" by majority of the playerbase and may lead you to being kicked out of the guild or people removing you from their friends list.
But, it's only up to you if you want to snipe everyone or not, it isn't against any game rule.

Thanks, it seems this moral rule is more important than any game rule.
There are really not very many rules in the game as such. The game provides us with some features and some "tools" that we can use in many different ways. Players make rules, and yes, some of them can be "moral rules".

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
sniper is a term players who suffer sever paranoia have given to someone who puts fps into a gb and manages to make a profit,
it seems some players have kittens if anyone who they haven't given permission to dares put fps into there gbs without there permission,
there are no rules, its just made up ones by controlling people,
please dont join the paranoia club, if anyone tells you that you can not tell them where to go as you can put your points in anyones gb and make as much profit as you can, its all part of the game and players try to keep on bringing there own rules out which does my head in.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
sniper is a term players who suffer sever paranoia have given to someone who puts fps into a gb and manages to make a profit,
it seems some players have kittens if anyone who they haven't given permission to dares put fps into there gbs without there permission,
there are no rules, its just made up ones by controlling people,
please dont join the paranoia club, if anyone tells you that you can not tell them where to go as you can put your points in anyones gb and make as much profit as you can, its all part of the game and players try to keep on bringing there own rules out which does my head in.
Take an example from the RL, if you have your own business, you will most likely always offer lower prices for your services to friends and/or family. It isn't illegal to offer your services at full price to them too, but it feels somewhat like you don't appreciate them.
Similar thing happens with game, if you appreciate friends/guildmates, you will put FPs in their GBs at 1.9 ratio or any other that leaves you with 0 profit. It isn't illegal at all to snipe them, but it would feel very immoral.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Take an example from the RL, if you have your own business, you will most likely always offer lower prices for your services to friends and/or family. It isn't illegal to offer your services at full price to them too, but it feels somewhat like you don't appreciate them.
Similar thing happens with game, if you appreciate friends/guildmates, you will put FPs in their GBs at 1.9 ratio or any other that leaves you with 0 profit. It isn't illegal at all to snipe them, but it would feel very immoral.
immoral ?
i dont see there should be any kind of a problem for anyone to put in points into a gb
i didnt see inno bring out gbs with instructions that only players who you want can donate to them ?
if you think its some kind of moral issue then take it up with inno

but i think players themselves should just accept it and not get so hung up about being snipped, its not big deal, they should just focus on the fact there gb is going to level up which is the whole goal of trying to get player to donate

but i think the point is player themselves are dreaming up these rules, and worse some try to enforce them ? when the fact is there is no such rule and this poor player who is just starting out is now being spoon fed that he must do this or that to other players gbs
that has to stop as its just not right anyone can play this game how they wish and if other players dont like it then hard lines but please dont try to make it a moral issue or dream up rules just to try to support that side of a view

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
immoral ?
i dont see there should be any kind of a problem for anyone to put in points into a gb
i didnt see inno bring out gbs with instructions that only players who you want can donate to them ?
if you think its some kind of moral issue then take it up with inno
As I already said, some rules are written by Inno, some are written by community.
If you disrespect community rules you won't get banned from the game or anything like that, as community rules have nothing to do with Inno themselves.
But yes, when community lives by specific rules, it is immoral to break them, at least that's my case.
but i think players themselves should just accept it and not get so hung up about being snipped, its not big deal, they should just focus on the fact there gb is going to level up which is the whole goal of trying to get player to donate
Yes, it's pointless to write about it anywhere on forum, beat way to deal with snipers is to fire back (you snipe them too, plunder them, put that 1FP when they are about to double dip their GB etc.)
but i think the point is player themselves are dreaming up these rules, and worse some try to enforce them ? when the fact is there is no such rule and this poor player who is just starting out is now being spoon fed that he must do this or that to other players gbs
that has to stop as its just not right anyone can play this game how they wish and if other players dont like it then hard lines but please dont try to make it a moral issue or dream up rules just to try to support that side of a view
If everyone lived in anarchy, without some rules set up by community of this game, well, it would be such an unpleasant game experience. If you have problem with rules set up by community, you can choose not to obey them. You won't be punished by Inno at all, as long as you don't break the game rules written by Inno. But, there is also the other side of the coin, when someone snipes you or does any "immoral" thing, that's not Inno concern.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
As I already said, some rules are written by Inno, some are written by community.
If you disrespect community rules you won't get banned from the game or anything like that, as community rules have nothing to do with Inno themselves.
But yes, when community lives by specific rules, it is immoral to break them, at least that's my case.
Yes, it's pointless to write about it anywhere on forum, beat way to deal with snipers is to fire back (you snipe them too, plunder them, put that 1FP when they are about to double dip their GB etc.)

If everyone lived in anarchy, without some rules set up by community of this game, well, it would be such an unpleasant game experience. If you have problem with rules set up by community, you can choose not to obey them. You won't be punished by Inno at all, as long as you don't break the game rules written by Inno. But, there is also the other side of the coin, when someone snipes you or does any "immoral" thing, that's not Inno concern.
wow i guess you get hung up over plundering to ?
can you sleep at night without living in fear someone dare snip your gb ?
why not look at it the other way, your gb is getting free points, it doesnt matter who get the bonus points awards as there not going into your stock pile so why care ?

why not look at it the other way, your gb is getting free points, it doesnt matter who get the bonus points awards as there not going into your stock pile so why care ?
It matters because it gets more expensive to level a GB if a sniper takes a spot with minimum investment than if a friend or a guild mate takes the spot without getting a profit (1.9 or higher).

RegV

Corporal
It matters because it gets more expensive to level a GB if a sniper takes a spot with minimum investment than if a friend or a guild mate takes the spot without getting a profit (1.9 or higher).
But if it REALLY matters, then you would take the appropriate actions to prevent it (or, at least minimize the chances), right?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
wow i guess you get hung up over plundering to ?
can you sleep at night without living in fear someone dare snip your gb ?
I don't get hung up about neither one of those actions being done to me, as I always take the appropriate actions to prevent myself getting sniped or plundered.