• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Before the "unintended" delay it took maybe half a second to abort a quest. Now it's 2 seconds. So about 4x as long.
That's 24 sec to abort 12 SAAB quests, which took maybe 6 sec before the delay.
oh my lord doesn't this just prove how impatient players are becoming ? there is no problem at all with the delay if the delay was hours i could understand but you are talking about seconds, sounds more like you have found a loop hole in how to make a lot of goodies out of recurring quests and inno have tried to do something about it, and you dont like it

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
the exact number if milliseconds is less important to me, what is important that it takes me nearly 30seconds to cycle to where i want to be.
an example of less lazy solutions could be:
1. increase attrition for each iteration in a set period of time(24h, 1 week, 1 month, etc) so that its not infinitely exploitable.
2. introduce an arbitrary set limit for the number of times those quests can be completed (and/or aborted), and remove said quests after a period of time.

so simple that even a halfwit like myself can think of it... why cant Inno ?
this game is already so "clicky" - any additional clicking (zoomout in this case) is completely counter productive
This is a good answer for where this convo has gone, which is why I quoted it. it's not that we're impatient per se, though the game is already overloaded with click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click demands. See how annoying just 12 clicks looks when spelled out? :lol: now repeat that 100 more times (with delays!) and see if you even still want to play. :zzz: That's the experience I have just trying to collect my city now and cycle a few quests while doing so. I forget where I was going by the time it comes around again.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
I presume that in order to do these repeat RQ, that involve battles, the player must have the following:
Combat GB's to a high level to create a powerful army
Alcatraz to a high level to supply sufficient troops
Plenty of time to spend doing the RQ a few thousand times
And finally a high level CF to reap the rewards from all your previous and current work
I would not call this cheating or exploiting, but playing the game according to the rules and to the best of your ability.

If it is considered exploitation why don't we look at the Arc exploit.
All you need is a Level 80 Arc then the FP, BP and medals just flow in with little effort. But this isn't an exploit yet. But power levelling and recycling the same FP to do so is ( by the same criteria that using the benefits of a CF is). On the same lines what would the reaction be if INNO decided to place a, say, 1hr delay on FP payback when a GB is levelled. This would have the same effect on the owners of an Arc, ie totally nerf it It would make it fairer as not everyone has a lvl 80 arc or access to one for power levelling

Neither are cheating but playing the game according to the rules. If some players find this unfair then maybe they should put the effort and time in to achieve these goals, rather than complaining that it is unfair

I agree its certainly not cheating to do 1000 RQ a day, but it is cheating if you use a program/macro/bot to to those 1000 RQ a day and we have examples of players doing 5000 RQ a day. The issue is not about players using the unbirthday RQ or the fight and abort RQ - its about those players who cheat and use programs/macros/bots etc to do them for them.
Therefore the solution is to find a change which stops them without pissing off thousands of decent players who use RQ quests.

The problem with the current delay is that 0.5 secs to 2 secs does not seem much but when rotating 12 quests its about a 18 sec delay and players always hate delays - it pisses off all players for sure, so thats every player....... 18 secs x 50 RQ = 900 secs. we all have had a pc where we click a button and have to wait for the response and we hate it - INNO has got to understand their solution is not good, it does not stop cheaters, it just pisses off decent honest players

Seems some very simple ideas and many of these would be better:
1) limit players to 200 RQ a day (we can agree a # here)
2) allow attriction on RQ fights and make more than 200 impossible unless 1500% attack and make 210 impossible unless 2000 attack etc, so do not start the attaction untill the 180th fight and then stack it very fast
3) change the order of the quests so you manually have to select a quest

Any other simple ideas guys?

vfrmark

Master Corporal
i remember all the protests when inno brought in gvg and cut the attack gbs from 5% per level to 3 % per level, gbs were maxed out at level 10 there was no way you could go higher, and it caused huge out rage as the hoods were getting impossible to beat, so defences won the day back then, i quit the game as it forced players to play gvg and all the mass cheating for points started, before that time players had to work hard for there points, they had to manual fight to gain points with hard defences, now even that side of the game has been wiped out when the game was really about some brains and skill to fight, now the auto button, 1.9 ark and cf re occuring quests seems to be the way the game is played ? skill ? i dont think so
Sorry pete i joined in week 2 of the game and NEVER have complained about players defence being too hard and spent many years only collecting goods via plunder. its all about building the city you want, Attack one, defence once, combination one or neither A or D one

Unklelol

Private
This is a good answer for where this convo has gone, which is why I quoted it. it's not that we're impatient per se, though the game is already overloaded with click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click demands. See how annoying just 12 clicks looks when spelled out? :lol: now repeat that 100 more times (with delays!) and see if you even still want to play. :zzz: That's the experience I have just trying to collect my city now and cycle a few quests while doing so. I forget where I was going by the time it comes around again.
Totally agree about being a very clicky game , so don't make it worse
I play on 4 worlds and my highest Era is TE I also used to cycle through the RQ while collecting from my city and when doing GE or GBG. With this delay I have stopped that and don't do any of them. I am saving myself over 2hrs a day, but my production has dropped as well as my interest and I am not sure if I will play again with the same enthusiasm

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
I play on 4 worlds and my highest Era is TE I also used to cycle through the RQ while collecting from my city and when doing GE or GBG. With this delay I have stopped that and don't do any of them. I am saving myself over 2hrs a day, but my production has dropped as well as my interest and I am not sure if I will play again with the same enthusiasm
good thing now that in beta this delay was removed. we still don't know what plot FOE is hiding on RQ but the speed is back to normal there

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
you should try being a figher, if you dont like to click very much then maybe its a safer option to just click for goods

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Sorry pete i joined in week 2 of the game and NEVER have complained about players defence being too hard and spent many years only collecting goods via plunder. its all about building the city you want, Attack one, defence once, combination one or neither A or D one
well i dont know what game you was playing when they cut the gbs down to 3% so from 50% down to 30% per gb for attack, yet defences had the benifits of the watchfires, defences became impossible to beat as players had stocked up on them, so the only way to make points was to play the gvg, which was the sole reason inno made the changes,
there was outrage on the boards and lots of players quit the game over it, i was number 2 in fel world at that time and was chasing number 1 spot which rassie had,
but once i seen all the cheating that went on in gvg players were making millions of points in a day compared to how the game was played it killed all the game as far as i was concerned and there was no one in the game that could beat the high end defences some players had with there watch fires so people stopped attacking the hoods, so again i dont know what game you was playing or maybe you was always in a low easy hood ? as for me it cost to many troops for so few points thanks to the milions other players who couldnt fight but just press auto button were making, it made the whole game a complete joke and sadly its never changed in that way

vfrmark

Master Corporal
well i dont know what game you was playing when they cut the gbs down to 3% so from 50% down to 30% per gb for attack......
......... so again i dont know what game you was playing or maybe you was always in a low easy hood ? as for me it cost to many troops for so few points thanks to the milions other players who couldnt fight but just press auto button were making, it made the whole game a complete joke and sadly its never changed in that way
Alas I was leading the #1 guild in EN1 which still has the record of 1068 days @ #1 and yes that meant lots and lots of fights in GvG, but pretty much gave up PvP after the first year or two because too busy in guild. I do rember the hoods being so unbalanced it was a joke, players 4 ages behind me would be in the hood and of course get pummeled. My attacks still not high enough to hit the big defences of some players, and my defence is small because i have no defensive GB's and am slowly deleting watchfires etc and will just rely on Galata tower for my defence.