• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Is the order not an era thing?

I only really set productions on my saab world and it always gives me the sleigh builders together, followed by the cider mills etc.

Everything is always together in groups

Emberguard

Legend
Is the order not an era thing?
Aiding priority is highest era + random within each age. Don't know what the production selection order priority is

If Epic saying they get hatters mixed with blacksmiths means it'll swap from hatters to blacksmiths and then back to hatters then that can't be by era as then it'd be going from modern to bronze and then back to modern. If they mean something else would love to know what the "mixed with" is exactly

It would already be of great help if they showed the era of the buildings. For example, I have several sleigh builders from 2 different eras. If a quest requires making productions from current era, I have no idea which sleigh builders I have to select now with this new feature. They could just display Sleigh Builder (Arctic Future) etc. That would help. Aside from removing the horrible zoom ofc.

Knight of ICE

I haven't tested it, but it makes me wonder if it's in order of Aid priority?

I only have fanshops. Tried to move them, but the order stays the same. I think for those order is decided by the time they were build. Same as SoK's being aided. Age has no influence there.

Al Beback

Private
nothing to do with their age or the order they are built i said that in another comment, I moved all my buildings around, deleted all my smiths and rebuilt them and it does not mater, you can have 50 and set 25 and they will; be all over the place.
.if i collect them all it does not matter which of the current age buildings I choose 1st the next will be a smith.. every time in all my worlds and the only way I have found to get around this BS is to leave my smith disconnected until i need them and collect everything else one by one or in groups ..... IE collect all the sleighs and reset them etc. so I can have them set on the times i want them and not one set on 24 and one on 8 because its jumping back and forth.......

i am starting to think what is the point of any of this FEEDBACK/FORUMS when they don't listen to a thing anyone says or maybe just brown nose mod fck wits just pass on what they think they want to hear and thats why we get all this crap no one likes and really wrecks the game play and "what you see is what you get" and bad luck all you players.

just like the pvp tower BS returning exactly as it was before it got taken away, like the towers everyone complained about losing they have taken them away again, bunch of tossers

Vesiger

Monarch
It would already be of great help if they showed the era of the buildings. For example, I have several sleigh builders from 2 different eras. If a quest requires making productions from current era, I have no idea which sleigh builders I have to select now
Agreed - this is a big problem with the new feature. (Particularly as event buildings and ordinary supply buildings are on different selection circuits, so instead of just selecting all my current-era buildings by location I have to abort the selection cycle after each one.)

Baddog Rex

Private
really like the quick start window for production and goods . However PLEASE dont change the focus and zoom levels of the main screen on exit, this is really irritating.

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I like the new quick way of starting productions.
I also would prefer to lose the zoom.
I don't really have any opinion on the name change as I haven't been affected by bad actors as some people have. But I can see that people start playing and choose a random name just to try out the game and then get interested and decide to stay but are stuck with a silly name that they would rather not be known by.

I can see that people start playing and choose a random name just to try out the game and then get interested and decide to stay but are stuck with a silly name that they would rather not be known by
Then they can change the "silly name" ONE time. That was already possible.

Vesiger

Monarch
Then they can change the "silly name" ONE time. That was already possible.
Only by appealing to game moderators. Most games/websites have always allowed you to change your user name as trivially as FoE allows you to change your avatar, without the community seeing it as any kind of problem.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
  • From now on it's possible to change your username through the game settings
This should at least generate an event history notification to all friends and guild mates when a name changes. As it is now it's like they go in the witness protection program and suddenly strangers appear in our guilds and friends.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
  • From now on it's possible to change your username through the game settings
This should at least generate an event history notification to all friends and guild mates when a name changes. As it is now it's like they go in the witness protection program and suddenly strangers appear in our guilds and friends.

Yeah I wish, but there was barely any thought put into the addition of this feature. People already could change names once but it was always still up to them to actually tell people that they have changed

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah I wish, but there was barely any thought put into the addition of this feature. People already could change names once but it was always still up to them to actually tell people that they have changed
problem is sometimes name changes are for the purpose of changing personally identifying info. There’s no point in changing a name to hide a real name or email address if that’s then displayed publicly. Witness protection isn’t that far of a stretch for an analogy

So if there were a public indicator it’d need to be opt-in for privacy reasons

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
problem is sometimes name changes are for the purpose of changing personally identifying info. There’s no point in changing a name to hide a real name or email address if that’s then displayed publicly. Witness protection isn’t that far of a stretch for an analogy

99.99% of people now are just changing for the hell of it. every week there's a new "imposter" in my guild - and I give up keeping track of the changes in friends or other guilds. In the previous 7 years of play I knew of 3 people total who had used full or part of their real name and asked support to change it, and 2 people who were forced to change by support because their names included a website or inappropriate term. That's not even 1 a year, and now it's every week.

Privacy issues are used as an excuse for poor thought and execution. People post much more security risks on their social media pages, like pictures of their house and family, where they work or go to school, which is personally why I avoid social media, but really - a game name is the big risk? No, I don't buy that.

If players didn't mind everyone seeing JRoberts77 for a year when they decided to use it in the first place, they can live with everyone seeing it for a week or less as a town hall notification that it changed. This is a half-assed implementation and has blown a hole in game integrity because we can't track our friends and enemies while their names keep changing. One of many holes created in the past year, and playability is not being considered.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant

Or something like the thing Steam has implemented:
Make players able to clear their previous usernames from the username change history if they want.