• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Limit the aborts is even worse, now is about punish players that can spend more time playing, and those that developed a strategy

Player that is online 10 minutes, cannot expect to compete with someone that is 4 hrs online.
Player online 4hr, cannot expect to compete with the one that does 8hrs.
Player online 4hr can compete with 8hr if develops a much better game strategy.

This is true for EVERY GAME that exists: more time = higher level; better strategy = higher level.

BE CAREFUL: the only thing that DIAMONDS do in this game, is save up TIME, accelerating the city development, everything is obtainable without diamonds in the long time run.

DO something that forces players to go offline by blocking their gameplay, whats the point of using diamonds if they still have to wait for next day now.

Have you consider a "time off" as better option?
Like after 1 hr of cycling quests have a 5min block?
this sounds even healthy for those doing endless hours: go blink your eyes a few minutes and stretch the fingers before starting over, :D
Cooldown sounds like a promising idea, but it would definitely need to have some additions to really have an impact.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The claim by Inno that the delay was an unintended consequence of applying a limit to quest aborts is a lie.

We still have the delay on live, and there appears to be no limit on the number of quest aborts.

Tell us the truth mods.

I would like to comment on the cosmetic change in the Town Hall log. Though it might be more visually appealing to some, practically speaking, since there is less contrast in color between aided and unaided icon, it is easier to miss some when aiding from event history.

Emberguard

Legend
The claim by Inno that the delay was an unintended consequence of applying a limit to quest aborts is a lie.
[...]
Tell us the truth mods.
You have no way of knowing what was intended and as you've already made up your mind I doubt anyone would be able to convince you otherwise even if you were given access to all the internal information and correspondence

We still have the delay on live, and there appears to be no limit on the number of quest aborts.
The fix is on Beta so assuming all goes well it should come to live soon enough. I don't know if that'll be in the usual update schedule or outside of that.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You have no way of knowing what was intended and as you've already made up your mind I doubt anyone would be able to convince you otherwise even if you were given access to all the internal information and correspondence

From the official announcement...

...This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.
...Unfortunately, as a byproduct, there was a technical issue that caused a slowdown during reoccurring quests. Due to unexpected circumstances, this then led to many players believing this was an intended feature.

That's how I know.

The fact that the fix hasn't been applied on live means there should be a limit on RQs, but there isn't. So it's a lie.

Emberguard

Legend
The fact that the fix hasn't been applied on live means there should be a limit on RQs, but there isn't. So it's a lie.
If you're already slowed down from the bugged version what makes you so sure you'd ever be able to reach whatever the limit is? For all we know it might be something you as a player who's playing within the rules would never be able to trigger because you're manually clicking through quests the way you're supposed to

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
If you're already slowed down from the bugged version what makes you so sure you'd ever be able to reach whatever the limit is? For all we know it might be something you as a player who's playing within the rules would never be able to trigger because you're manually clicking through quests the way you're supposed to

As a test, I cycled around 100 times through the RQs yesterday and didn't hit a limit. That's 12,000 aborts.

Another player did over 5000 fights, nearly all on RQs. That's 30,000 aborts - doesn't sound like it's limited to me.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Ok so if the number is so high you'd have to cheat to reach it then wouldn't that also mean you'd never reach it while the bugged quest delay is in play?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The delay is only about an extra 5 seconds to go through one RQ cycle. Not enough to stop someone going 2,500 times through them (2 fights per RQ cycle - so I got that wrong too!!!).

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as belligerent, but I'm fed up with being an active beta tester and being kept in the dark, being given half truths etc. I just want to help make the game better and I feel very frustrated at the way the testers are being treated. Inno didn't even announce this "feature" for us to test. It's very discouraging.

Emberguard

Legend
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as belligerent, but I'm fed up with being an active beta tester and being kept in the dark, being given half truths etc. I just want to help make the game better and I feel very frustrated at the way the testers are being treated. Inno didn't even announce this "feature" for us to test. It's very discouraging.
dragonhug.gif

I can understand Inno not wanting to give out all the information regarding anything in place for preventing cheating though. The more information out there on what measures are in the place the easier it becomes to work out what you'd need to do to skirt around it. Which would make it rather difficult to get a Open Beta community to test such features without risking enabling the very thing it's there to prevent

Knight of ICE

That's a complaint you need to put on beta, not here.

Tell us the truth mods.

How can a mod say it was an Intentionally Added delay - for the reason of exploit curbing - AND then
come out and tell us that it was Not Intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
The delay is only about an extra 5 seconds to go through one RQ cycle. Not enough to stop someone going 2,500 times through them (2 fights per RQ cycle - so I got that wrong too!!!).

You are a tester, everyone is, together we make this game go round. Some info regarding features of the game has to be kept under the carpet to prevent possible abuses, so those precautions are mostly for security reasons. Each bug or exploit you report is always being watched over. Inno doesn't want you to lose the interest in game because of those things. Some fixes come sooner, some later. Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet :)