• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

BhaaluJi

Corporal
My guild is in diamond league in that world. We usually finish first or second but never get close to that guild: they smash us too. They are very organised, have a well stocked treasury and lots of committed players in different time zones. We just do enough to stay in diamond league and hope we don't meet them next time. So my advice is to do what we do - suck it up buttercup.
I am in AnD, not Gens

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
it is so sad that this, which was billed as the ultimate contest between guilds has turned into this, and that from a player who is part of a guild who has not finished in any position bar 1st since June last year, if you want to fight come bring it on, please, please, please do, if you want to farm, fine :zzz: but how sad

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
it is so sad that this, which was billed as the ultimate contest between guilds has turned into this

GBG has been turned into nothing but a farm exercise because of the reasons posted many pages back and many times over by many people, including me:
  1. bad league system, even one man guilds get promoted to max MMR and end up in diamond. Just requires a pulse.
  2. too frequent and too long seasons, needs a longer break in between for treasuries and you know, for people to have lives not 24/7 in GBG clicking
  3. Farming and not deleting buildings keeps everyone's costs lower than if you compete for real (see #2 - too often, always on)
  4. the placing rewards for guilds are too similar, getting first doesn't really matter, so why not farm. Also it's hard to get out of diamond league even if you wanted to, see #1, no incentive to compete.
  5. It's the personal rewards after each fight and "free attrition" with 4 or 5 siege camps that matters, not winning. Farm incentive.
  6. Free attrition squabbles over who gets all the free fights in GBG causes more internal guild competition than fighting the other guilds does. Huge exploit for thousands of fights per season or 10K fights as thelegend noted above, which is ridiculous. And to think they're worried about people's recurring quests LOL see 1.99 update thread where delay is introduced supposedly to slow down people farming quests. While the exploitation holes in GBG remain big enough to drive a truck through.
GBG is broken, broken, broken. And has been needing updates for months to fix some of this, limit free attrition, fix leagues, shorten season or longer breaks. But developers are too busy changing Galata tower and inserting quest abort delays so... major feature of the game intended for fun guild competition remains in this indeed SAD state.

Last edited:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
no matter what the devs bring out as a game, the first thing the players do if learn quickly how to abuse it. once one does it, they all follow suit.

then people complain but it doesnt do any good, the best thing they had with that pvp game they brought out last year was the opt out button, only then did they soon react as players opted out of the game and it was a clear flop, maybe for all future games they bring in there should be the opt out that way people can just vote with there feet

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
no matter what the devs bring out as a game, the first thing the players do if learn quickly how to abuse it.
Sure anything can be abused - that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to fix it. Otherwise that's kind of like saying why should we have laws if people will break the law anyway. So the developers need to evolve the GBG. Falling on deaf ears maybe? Sure, apparently.

Lots of guilds have given up on doing GBG much, while a few guilds farm the hell out of it, and not much in between. The game is more and more polarized between the guilds who take the whole board, get all the sectors lined up with free attrition, and the guilds who are locked into their HQ or only taking 1 sector per day if they're lucky.

Ask yourself why the game is so polarized in this way? It's not just clever strategy with pinning at 159/160 and checkerboards or what you want to call it, though that is part of it, it's a completely lopsided playing field (described in my last post) and too much demand on players every week, just to be served more of the same thing next week with a broken and exploited system.

It's been clear since last summer that GBG - in the form it was released - had been out-played as all guilds began to congregate in Diamond league and people started farming instead of competing. The personal rewards for thousands of free fights are so much better than the guild rewards at the end, it's hardly a team activity. Lots of good ideas to stop the abuses, shake up the leagues, limit farming and make it more playable have been suggested. Meanwhile the disparity within the system grows... tick tock, changes are long overdue.

Mysty.

Private
no matter what the devs bring out as a game, the first thing the players do if learn quickly how to abuse it. once one does it, they all follow suit.

then people complain but it doesnt do any good, the best thing they had with that pvp game they brought out last year was the opt out button, only then did they soon react as players opted out of the game and it was a clear flop, maybe for all future games they bring in there should be the opt out that way people can just vote with there feet
It’s true but that’s why games need to evolve, if they stay the same they will die.

battlegrounds is the aspect of the game that got me hooked but it is now becoming a very boring aspect with very little fighting.

it’s time for a group above 1000lp, maybe a winners round ?
i think there needs to be something to break up these swaps, how about a bomb whic a guild could use to break a locked sector once a day ?
there are many options but to me it’s clear something needs to change

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
It’s true but that’s why games need to evolve, if they stay the same they will die.

battlegrounds is the aspect of the game that got me hooked but it is now becoming a very boring aspect with very little fighting.

it’s time for a group above 1000lp, maybe a winners round ?
i think there needs to be something to break up these swaps, how about a bomb whic a guild could use to break a locked sector once a day ?
there are many options but to me it’s clear something needs to change
I think that new league would be a bit of overkill. Maybe the best thing would be revamp of "matchmaking" or placing guilds in brackets, something like elo related matchmaking.
If a guild scores fantastic results in GbG season, it should be put in bracket with other guild that did the same. Everything, just not the additional league lol.

Mysty.

Private
I think that new league would be a bit of overkill. Maybe the best thing would be revamp of "matchmaking" or placing guilds in brackets, something like elo related matchmaking.
If a guild scores fantastic results in GbG season, it should be put in bracket with other guild that did the same. Everything, just not the additional league lol.
Yeah an extra league is not required but better grouping is becoming essential to make it interesting

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Are we ever going to get a league higher then diamond? Seems like even on the newest world people are too strong now for 160 hits to be the max, it really feels like that should be 200 or more at this point, or buildings to be removed league or something.

(looks up) oh lol I see that was literally just being talked about. Its just like, no ones ever built a point producing building in donkey years, the only buildings anyone builds these days are watch towers and camps, and maybe some outposts to increase hits.

Some matchmaking changes would be very welcome, but we've asked that since GBG came out, freaking 97 pages ago XD. We wanted X-server GBG's or better matchmaking besides always facing the same guilds year on end.

So surely they already know that feedback

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
...people are too strong now for 160 hits to be the max, it really feels like that should be 200 or more at this point, or buildings to be removed league or something.
...no ones ever built a point producing building in donkey years, the only buildings anyone builds these days are watch towers and camps

When the only point to GBG is to click farm rewards, why would anyone build anything except the attrition-hacking watch towers and camps? This is what happens when a game is out of balance and "people are too strong" with over-released attack boost items, plus the last year of exploiting the truck-sized holes in GBG to level all their buildings to 80 or higher.

Some of us were bored with it 6 months ago. Now newer people who just realized "the fix is in," like Mysty up there, are showing up to the forums now saying huh, this is the same every week and even the smallest guilds get promoted to diamond eventually as long as they do a few fights. There's no challenge, besides how long you can click and farm. Once you have eaten everything, then what? I'm not gonna repeat the 90 pages of suggestions to fix it.

Sure, Innogames know all this feedback, and latest thing I read on Beta was still no plans to fix anything to do with this. They're working on taking the PvP towers out of the game and giving us the PvP arena again. I only ended up bumping this topic because it is a constant source of game irritation, and I was here to see wtf happened to the math on Galata and the quest abort delays. Player retention doesn't seem to be high on the list of priorities - more like player volume: lure them in, grab their money, if the game has run its course, well onto the next victim person.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yeah, it is rather unfortunate the current direction of the game. Inno right now is doing a rather poor job compared to their past. Multiple bad main buildings, followed by the one event so many people hate that finally has an okish main building that rewards 0 side buildings almost. To the PVP arena, which is a terrible idea that they want to force on everyone. Instead of fixing what actually is broken, like GBG which has been crying for changes for months.

GBG really does need a overhaul, but my guess is that is too much work, easier to make an entire PVP arena that everyone hates that removes the pvp towers that some people like.

We got an update to place map icon and it helped immensely, man was GBG so bad before that update. So from that I know it is possible for them to do good updates. But right now with 0 attrition spam and GBG rewarding so much, its really too late to change that. Like you said, people already have hit it hundreds of thousands of times and have levelled their GB's to insane levels, much higher then 80.

I know it was originally designed to drain our treasuries and nothing else, but even on the newest server, which came out the same time GBG did, all the top guilds are farming the place already and have been for months.

If Camps/towers/traps/decoys never existed, it would have been so much more balanced. Then it really would mean more atk% more you as a player could contribute, and more good production too. Instead of one player being able to solo the entire diamond map.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Yeah, it is rather unfortunate the current direction of the game. Inno right now is doing a rather poor job compared to their past. Multiple bad main buildings, followed by the one event so many people hate that finally has an okish main building that rewards 0 side buildings almost. To the PVP arena, which is a terrible idea that they want to force on everyone. Instead of fixing what actually is broken, like GBG which has been crying for changes for months.

GBG really does need a overhaul, but my guess is that is too much work, easier to make an entire PVP arena that everyone hates that removes the pvp towers that some people like.

We got an update to place map icon and it helped immensely, man was GBG so bad before that update. So from that I know it is possible for them to do good updates. But right now with 0 attrition spam and GBG rewarding so much, its really too late to change that. Like you said, people already have hit it hundreds of thousands of times and have levelled their GB's to insane levels, much higher then 80.

I know it was originally designed to drain our treasuries and nothing else, but even on the newest server, which came out the same time GBG did, all the top guilds are farming the place already and have been for months.

If Camps/towers/traps/decoys never existed, it would have been so much more balanced. Then it really would mean more atk% more you as a player could contribute, and more good production too. Instead of one player being able to solo the entire diamond map.
Main event buildings might seem poor to players that don't practise the playstyle those buildings are based on. Some players are farmers that prefer buildings with as high FPs per tile efficiency as possible, some just want buildings with as much attack boost per tile as possible.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
No you don't
Prove it
Where's the link to that announcement
It's not directly announced, it's implied, and it is an additional treasury drain that makes some guilds choose between GvG and GBG for how to spend their goods. My first thought when GBG released was they finally found a way to use the arctic and above goods in treasury that were unused. The costs for expedition are nothing compared to what Arcs, or even Observatories, produce weekly - GE doesn't even make a dent in upper age goods.

Everything in the game pays out equally x5 for each type of good in an age to treasury, only Battleground spends/robs one type and creates shortages that never existed before in just 1 good. Worse than that, the random algorithm really seems to keep picking on the same one, it happens a lot, example, my guild has 100K in Industrial all goods except fertilizer which is at 45K because it gets picked on nonstop for GBG buildings. And that's the figure with actual efforts to restock that ONE good all the time.

One unfortunate side effect is this has encouraged players to band up in Above-FE-Only guilds, or discouraged guilds from taking in players from lower ages so they don't get sectors that want 2000 iron age or HMA goods for a siege camp, and can happily farm away using only the super plentiful goods above Future era. I have seen so many SAAB only guilds forming, with the obvious aim to farm more in GBG and never need lower age goods for it. Eventually no one will want to take in and foster any new players. It will kill the game, it's already happening. And once you have eaten and farmed everything, or leveled everything, like I said above, then what? The game is on a road that leads to a dead end.

r21r

Major-General
r discouraged guilds from taking in players from lower ages so they don't get sectors that want 2000 iron age or HMA goods for a siege camp
which are impossible to produce ?
cmon, 3x3 and 4x4 space for each manufactory you could produce 20.000 each within your guild just with collections, if some players want to have everything, well its not possible.
any serius farming city can handle an average use of siege camps, just because players have no idea how to play the game in teamwork means, doesnt makes inno guilty.
everyone has an option what to place in his city, if you want to have 1000attack + 1000FP daily + infinite camps, then whats the point of different playstyles ?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
which are impossible to produce ?
cmon, 3x3 and 4x4 space for each manufactory you could produce 20.000 each within your guild just with collections, if some players want to have everything, well its not possible.
any serius farming city can handle an average use of siege camps, just because players have no idea how to play the game in teamwork means, doesnt makes inno guilty.
everyone has an option what to place in his city, if you want to have 1000attack + 1000FP daily + infinite camps, then whats the point of different playstyles ?
Is it possible? yes. does it happen in practice? No. LMA and below goods have ALWAYS lagged behind in treasury, for years and years, and GBG just made that difference more stark. Smaller cities and players starting out from iron-LMA especially have no room for that kind of goods production, and higher age players don't want to fill their cities with low age goods just to supplement what the newbies can't make in their limited space cities with their lower Gb's.

It Is polarizing guilds into upper age farmers (above FE only) and lower ages not being welcome. Does it have to be that way? No, people can hold hands and sing campfire songs, but greed rules the world, especially in battlegrounds where all anyone wants to do is get max rewards with free attrition.

And back the the original point, the game is setup in a way to encourage this disparity and farming. Everyone ends up in the same league and there is no point except how to farm as much as possible and that sucked the fun out of the game months ago. GBG needs updates, again not repeating 90 pages worth of suggestions for that.

r21r

Major-General
Is it possible? yes. does it happen in practice? No. LMA and below goods have ALWAYS lagged behind in treasury, for years and years, and GBG just made that difference more stark. Smaller cities and players starting out from iron-LMA especially have no room for that kind of goods production, and higher age players don't want to fill their cities with low age goods just to supplement what the newbies can't make in their limited space cities with their lower Gb's.

It Is polarizing guilds into upper age farmers (above FE only) and lower ages not being welcome. Does it have to be that way? No, people can hold hands and sing campfire songs, but greed rules the world, especially in battlegrounds where all anyone wants to do is get max rewards with free attrition.

And back the the original point, the game is setup in a way to encourage this disparity and farming. Everyone ends up in the same league and there is no point except how to farm as much as possible and that sucked the fun out of the game months ago. GBG needs updates, again not repeating 90 pages worth of suggestions for that.
ofcurse it happens, iron - ema - lma are the eras where CF can do the most quests and if i remember correct, HMA has x2 2x3 goods manufactories..
you only see the 1 side of the coin

people wont even donate to the treasury, it is not on inno if they are selfish and allow me, stybborn...

PS- only thing i could agree with you for, is that buildings costs should be cheaper in the lower leagues, for the more chilled guilds

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General

you are starting to get really boring with your consistently repetitive complaints and whining. You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes, you do not know, but yet your lack of knowledge is having you create facts, just like those Trump nation baffoons.
And ya, you are not repeating 90 pages worth of anything - you are just creating your own 90 pages of the same whine and complain. Enough already.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
you are starting to get really boring with your consistently repetitive complaints and whining. You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes, you do not know, but yet your lack of knowledge is having you create facts, just like those Trump nation baffoons.
And ya, you are not repeating 90 pages worth of anything - you are just creating your own 90 pages of the same whine and complain. Enough already.
LOL if you don't like my posts, stop reading them. That's what the trolls tell everyone about the game any time someone comes here with suggestions or to point out problems. If you don't like GBG, just don't play it! If you don't like anything, just don't do it. Sure thing. I guess the just walk away and quit part is what some of us were trying to avoid?

So feedback becomes pointless then. Innogames hasn't been listening and is driving their own game into the ground. Some of us care - others just want us to shut up. I don't lack experience, I've played and run a guild for over 6 years, or I wouldn't bother to come post anything about what the game needs and what's wrong about the setup. But Bravo, have a troll snack for your time.