• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler Upcoming significant nerf ro Recurring Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
With the latest Beta update, players have noticed additional delay when aborting Recurring Quests (approx. +1.5 seconds per one). It was at first considered as a bug by players, but then we had an official word from FoE personnel that delay was added to, I quote, "prevent exploiting of the recurring questline".
This also means significant nerf to CF too, as you will be able to do significantly less RQs than before per specific timestamp.
Link to the thread can be found here and link to the official statement can be found here.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
Can't see any logic to it. It takes time to rotate around to the quests you want anyway so it wasnt like you could just do the quest, accept, do the quest, rinse, repeat before.

Not sure why but they seem to be trying to nerf all the aged fundamentals of the game that long term players have invested time, fps, city space into at the minute. This nerf, plunder nerf, must be a gentle nudge for anyone that's spent and no long spending to go away.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I've been looking for a reason to quit playing, anyway. This will be it.
You've made so much progress in our world :(:(:(
Can't see any logic to it. It takes time to rotate around to the quests you want anyway so it wasnt like you could just do the quest, accept, do the quest, rinse, repeat before.

Not sure why but they seem to be trying to nerf all the aged fundamentals of the game that long term players have invested time, fps, city space into at the minute. This nerf, plunder nerf, must be a gentle nudge for anyone that's spent and no long spending to go away.
Agreed, this was just not needed, considering it was part of regular gameplay for the long time and didn't bother Inno that much.

Ati2

Legend
didn't bother Inno that much.

Not only this, but they added quests in brand new ages that can be farmed to generate millions of ranking points. If they didn't want this, why add such quests in the first place?

But I'm not going to fight against this because I honestly need a reason to quit, and this will be perfect. It's going to ruin my whole gameplay, so there won't be any reason to stay around anymore.

Knight of ICE

Agreed, this was just not needed, considering it was part of regular gameplay for the long time and didn't bother Inno that much.

If it did not bother them, they would not have dropped the fp packages as a reward in the later ages and they would not have removed the Unbirthday Party in SAAB.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Not only this, but they added quests in brand new ages that can be farmed to generate millions of ranking points. If they didn't want this, why add such quests in the first place?
Agreed there, which brings another question for me. Did Inno do this mostly because of people who farm ranking points through RQs or just generally because of all the benefits it brings?
If it did not bother them, they would not have dropped the fp packages as a reward in the later ages and they would not have removed the Unbirthday Party in SAAB.
And they have added much more controversial RQs.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

... and at the same time, they added others that can generate millions of points instead.

That does not take away the fact that there were already signs they were going to do something about it. Not saying those new quests are a smart decission, but it does show they are looking for change.

Knight of ICE

And they have added much more controversial RQs.

No argument there. The way I see it is that they miss the bigger picture. They probably play parts of the game to test things. They do not play the entire game year after year like most players do. So everytime they come up with something to put a stop to some abuse, experienced players immediately come up with a new way to abuse the solution. Players are just much better at the game than devs will ever be, so they immediately see things the devs have overlooked. Simple example is GvG. No way they ever expected players would be able to block big parts of the map, so those parts can't be used anymore.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
No argument there. The way I see it is that they miss the bigger picture. They probably play parts of the game to test things. They do not play the entire game year after year like most players do. So everytime they come up with something to put a stop to some abuse, experienced players immediately come up with a new way to abuse the solution. Players are just much better at the game than devs will ever bem, so they immediately see things the devs have overlooked. Simple example is GvG. No way they ever expected players would be able to block big parts of the map, so those parts can't be used anymore.
Can't disagree there, experienced players just come up to a easier path through game. Prior to the farming ranking points through RQs, we had farming ranking points through GvG, which I see in much smaller numbers now, and players got busy with GbG too.

OrionMnt

Corporal
This is sad, recurring was the only way to catch up with GbG abuse, really really sad for people invested heavily in CF, after the killed the fun for attackers with Galata tower, now they are killing this, when he can expect nerfs on GbG abuses then? Arc wasn't nerfed yet, maybe next on the list?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I am one of those who use the fight quests in SAAB to maintain my high ranking position, but I would be very happy to see those quests removed. It takes me hours each day to play through a few hundred fight quests, but there are players here who do many thousands of fights which must be by some form of automation.

Delaying RQs will not solve the problem - just slow it down.

The only way is to remove aspects of the game which are exploitable. As Knight of Ice says - the devs should either play more, or even better, listen to their experienced players.

Knight of ICE

Forum rule

To report the breaching of rules by another player In Game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden. Please note that this includes advertising cheating (i.e, offering premium points for services ingame). The Forge of Empires Team will act with discretion in all situations. This is to maintain the privacy that stands between Moderators and Players, and we expect that privacy to be upheld by players also.

Feel free to discuss this upcomming change, but leave the cheating aspect out of it. If you think players cheat, report them to Support.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

that's for sure, It was so hard to continue playing when the name change update came into effect. I wish I could turn it off, people having changed names in a game where that never should have happened was extremely annoying as only the minority who want to troll wanted it, yet alone the constant zooming about thanks to the supply change.

Nerfing RQ's, another staple to the game that's been in the game for like nearly a decade alongside the games launch? Why? Because of the future ages and them adding in broken RQ's? How's that our fault? Well, I am glad that most of my guild is past that part of the game, yet people still do it, and have done it on Sinerania since the servers launch.

Does Inno just hate anyone playing their game these days? So many game fundamentals that have been around for years are being changed. Gonna miss ya Ati2.

Status
Not open for further replies.