• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG one-man ghost guilds

Andy the Man

Private
I think something needs to be done about one-man ghosting in GvG. The idea that one person can run through a map without any interest in holding sectors, for me, goes against the way the feature was intended to be played. One person does not really fall under the definition of a guild and, as such, should not be able to compete in the Guild vs. Guild feature. For genuine guilds, these pests (or hired mercenaries) can be a menace and drain a guild treasury single-handedly. It spoils the enjoyment of the feature for many people and should be reconsidered.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
GvG was always poorly designed and unfortunately Inno shows no interest in fixing the problem.

There are plenty of fights to be had elsewhere in the game now, so GvG is largely irrelevant to me now anyway.

Knight of ICE

Other than solutions for technical issues, there will be no more changes made to GvG.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
one man guilds are the best feature in the gvg, i go out hunting when players plunder me i go after there guild, heaven help them if they are on landing zones lol as we all know when they wake up in the morning they can lose all of there sectors : ) the guilds go mad as it costs them leader board standing, so for me i love it i can go around attacking on my own. but aside from that i have seen some good battles taking place in gvg and one man guilds have been needed to help other guilds who have tried to manipulate the game, seen some big guilds come crashing down, so its still a good game for those who enjoy it

this is probably the best fun in the game,,,,,,,,,,,do the guilds with 20/30/40+ players and only one peep who can do gvg fit in also?

Sand King

Private
I think something needs to be done about one-man ghosting in GvG. The idea that one person can run through a map without any interest in holding sectors, for me, goes against the way the feature was intended to be played. One person does not really fall under the definition of a guild and, as such, should not be able to compete in the Guild vs. Guild feature. For genuine guilds, these pests (or hired mercenaries) can be a menace and drain a guild treasury single-handedly. It spoils the enjoyment of the feature for many people and should be reconsidered.
I don't like this either but there aren't any good solutions here. What if the one-man guild makes an autojoin guild with one more inactive player, which makes it a two-man guild?
The best solution is to move inland and check the map often. Don't forget that the attacker loses 8 units on sieging and some goods.
Plus he can't go further if you're online at recalc. Just kick them right after recalc and they can't move further into your territories.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I think it’s a good thing, 1 player can take on a big guild, I’m a fan of David and Goliath, if you put in plenty of DA’s it it will slow there progression up

I think it’s a good thing, 1 player can take on a big guild, I’m a fan of David and Goliath, if you put in plenty of DA’s it it will slow there progression up
I like David and Goliath too :-) But it will cost a one-player guild a lot of goods and troops to fill all DA's. It will slow down the big guild a little bit, but it will also give extra fight points to the points farmers.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I like David and Goliath too :-) But it will cost a one-player guild a lot of goods and troops to fill all DA's. It will slow down the big guild a little bit, but it will also give extra fight points to the points farmers.
Should of said the bigger guilds should fill there provinces with plenty of DA’s if they are worried so much about a 1 Man army :rolleyes:

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
bring back the spy's again in gvg,
anyone remember when gvg first came out and players used to act like spies, ?
they would join big guilds, try and fit in and if they got rights in gvg they would release sectors !!!! there was no limit on how many sectors you could release back then and i can remember a few big guilds got done in by a spy's releasing sectors,
the down side was paranoia was rife in guilds and no one dare fall out with each other in case they would destroy sectors but it would certainly help if a few spies managed to get into the big guilds and was able to release all there sectors lol