• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Player Asking For Tips

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Just started playing this game this week, and really enjoying it so far. I've reached the Iron Age today and seem to be doing pretty well, but I've seen a lot of hardcore players with really powerful stuff that I have no idea how to get.

Anyone have any good tips for starting out?

PS: I am a completely F2P player.

Draqone

Corporal
If you want to play completely F2P, set up other worlds ASAP. Doing the Guild Expedition there weekly and then transitioning those towns into Wishing Well farms once you have some wishing wells can provide you main world with a source of diamonds.

Your main world should focus on efficient buildings that provide either FPs or boosts to the attacking army.

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
So diamonds are account based and not world based? And what is the best way to get the wishing wells?

And what is the best way to reliably complete guild expeditions?

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Will a large powerful guild allow a low level player to join though? And how much effort should I put into great buildings? Thanks a lot for the help btw

Will a large powerful guild allow a low level player to join though?
Some of the top guilds have extremely high requirements that new players cannot live up to. They don't let newbies in.
But you don't have to go for one of the absolute top guilds. Look through guild descriptions to see what the different guilds require. Or use global chat to ask for a guild invite.

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Ah ok thanks ... should I focus on getting something else other than wishing wells? I see that a lot of high level cities are full of great buildings ... is there any good, fast way of getting them or do I just rely on luck?

Ah ok thanks ... should I focus on getting something else other than wishing wells? I see that a lot of high level cities are full of great buildings ... is there any good, fast way of getting them or do I just rely on luck?
Great buildings are one of the most important aspects of the game.
Again, a good guild can help you to get the blueprints and the goods needed to build the great buildings.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Some great building are essential (Zeus, Cdm, arc, etc). Get those essential gb leveled. If you need prints, some guilds let lower people take 4 or 5 position at a low cost to get a lot of prints

Draqone

Corporal
Guild leaders can use those resources to allow guild members to complete more fights in PVP activities but I don't think you should worry about that for now.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
If you want to play completely F2P, set up other worlds ASAP. Doing the Guild Expedition there weekly and then transitioning those towns into Wishing Well farms once you have some wishing wells can provide you main world with a source of diamonds.

Your main world should focus on efficient buildings that provide either FPs or boosts to the attacking army.
I don't really suggest this for the early game, especially for player that has just started the game. There is almost no point in accumulating Diamonds in the early game.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
One last question: What use is there to donating to the guild's treasury? Is there any benefit to doing so?
mostly the place where it is most spent is gbg. Most guilds that have big treasury build seige camps with it.
It costs thousands of random guild goods thogh, Also they are used to unlock GE difficulties. And also need to place a seige in gvg. guild continent map.
Will a large powerful guild allow a low level player to join though? And how much effort should I put into great buildings? Thanks a lot for the help btw
yes, there will be always room for high going guilds too. Especially if you go join a strong diamond league guild. In dia league, you get 10 fps from gbg when you get fps. You can produce a massive fp in a strong gbg guild and forge fast. Big guilds helps you grow big. And also dont forget to level your GBs by 1.9 thread. Its the most efficient way to save fps by levleing. Most many membered guild has 1.9 thread,

Andrew420

Major
Anyone have any good tips for starting out?

Heres a place to start
My advice
Stop aging up stay in iron age for a bit
Dont research military tactics until you are able to fight back against neighbors
Get a Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, Castle del Monte great building at least to lvl 10

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Right ok ... lemme try and process all that ...

And also dont forget to level your GBs by 1.9 thread.
Could you explain this further? I've heard of it but I'm not too sure how it works.

I've also read about the ability to rush the Arc at lower ages with help of a high level player ... should I bother trying that and if so, any tips on how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Cuthwolf

Captain
Diamonds are 'real money' and so very precious. Don't waste them on, say, premium buildings - there best use is on expansions. Space is everything and that expansion will stay with you for ever.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Right ok ... lemme try and process all that ...

Could you explain this further? I've heard of it but I'm not too sure how it works.

I've also read about the ability to rush the Arc at lower ages with help of a high level player ... should I bother trying that and if so, any tips on how to do it?

Thanks a lot.
works this way, other players with arc 80 donates fps to your arc to reward fp amount#1.9
so if the reward is 10 fp, the investor puts 19 fps-10#1.9
if reward is 100, its 190 fps-100#1.9
most big guilds with advanced players have this thread. 1.9 thread or 190% its called

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
works this way, other players with arc 80 donates fps to your arc to reward fp amount#1.9
so if the reward is 10 fp, the investor puts 19 fps-10#1.9
if reward is 100, its 190 fps-100#1.9
most big guilds with advanced players have this thread. 1.9 thread or 190% its called
Ok I think I get it ... I am currently in a 70 player guild but I don't think there is this thread, and they don't seem very active ... how do I find out whether a guild is active or not?

Xtr3m3Pullu

Private
Just discovered I can get easy blueprints by finding GBs that have very few contributors and adding 1 or 2 fps to it and wait until it's finished by the owner ... is this strategy frowned upon or is it fine?