• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confectionaries

Nguyenrv09

Private
Hi all,

In my city, I have 4 confectionaries, 2 large confectionaries and a huge confectionary. Their production is insane and matches production buildings 3 eras above my age. I also noticed that other people do not have confectionaries even though they turn up quite often in my antique dealer. Is there a reason for this? Do confectionaries not give as many points or something? All my production buildings are special buildings and now my supply stock is more than my coins! I do not see a problem with this. Can someone please give me a reason why people don't have confectionaries?

My opinion: Confectionaries are pretty small almost like alchemists and they are insane. They do not cost much either in the antique dealer especially the smallest one. No gems!!!

Thank you!

Nguyenrv09 (en12)

Nguyenrv09

Private
Thanks, but where do they get the supplies? I'm not sure but I think it is really unrealistic for the GBs to cover the costs. Furthermore, what about the event quests? They get you to finish productions and stuff and how can you do that without them? Probably the gather X supplies one isn't a problem for them but with GBs you have to wait a whole day right?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
At the start of the game you’re juggling population, happiness, gold, supplies, goods etc - it’s a lot of fun working it all out. As the game progresses you “solve” all these problems and all that matters is fp, and then later it’s mainly about combat. There are lots of ways to balance a city, so if those work for you then just do what works. My secret confession is I used to buy the occasional hammock from the AD because it was a space effective way to get happiness at the time. Do what works but don’t be surprised that other people with different event buildings etc at other stages of the game have very different requirements

Knight of ICE

Thanks, but where do they get the supplies? I'm not sure but I think it is really unrealistic for the GBs to cover the costs. Furthermore, what about the event quests? They get you to finish productions and stuff and how can you do that without them? Probably the gather X supplies one isn't a problem for them but with GBs you have to wait a whole day right?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

There are many ways to get supplies. GE, GB's, RQ's and other special buildings. Other special buildings can also be used to finish quests.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General

Correct me if I'm wrong!
One of the primary problems with confectionaries, is the need to upgrade them. Especially in regards to Event Quests, that require x number of collections from current or 1 Age back only. The Reno and 1Up kits are not that plentiful, and they are far more useful on items such as Event Buildings. I had 1 confectionary for a while, and upgraded it 2 or 3 times before I realized what a waste it was to upgrade it. You get plenty of supplies from your Age appropriate Supply buildings, as well as certain Event Buildings - and as long as you are not wasting supplies on building unnecessary buildings, or building something so you can sell it right away (which you may need to do for some Quests) - you will have sufficient supplies from normal means,
Many story quests each Age, also have quests that involve you building the current Age building, or even selling prior Age buildings - so you will, through time, keep having proper Age appropriate buildings.
Also, GB's do not provide a lot of supplies, at least until they are much higher, so do not depend on them (although one early GB, Lighthouse of Alexandria does give a good bonus when you do your collections) - just keep a sufficient number of Age appropriate, and that will do it. This particular game is not a speed game - it most definitely was designed to be played over the long term, so there is no rush to get things done, other than the Daily quests. If you do rush in this game, you are just going to create bottlenecks of your own making.

Nguyenrv09

Private
Thank you all. I'm in the HMA, researched all the techs and am saving up everything for the LMA. I already have 3 million supplies and I think that is already a lot. I'll reconsider having the normal supply buildings.

Knight of ICE

One of the primary problems with confectionaries, is the need to upgrade them. Especially in regards to Event Quests, that require x number of collections from current or 1 Age back only. The Reno and 1Up kits are not that plentiful, and they are far more useful on items such as Event Buildings. I had 1 confectionary for a while, and upgraded it 2 or 3 times before I realized what a waste it was to upgrade it. You get plenty of supplies from your Age appropriate Supply buildings, as well as certain Event Buildings - and as long as you are not wasting supplies on building unnecessary buildings, or building something so you can sell it right away (which you may need to do for some Quests) - you will have sufficient supplies from normal means,
Many story quests each Age, also have quests that involve you building the current Age building, or even selling prior Age buildings - so you will, through time, keep having proper Age appropriate buildings.
Also, GB's do not provide a lot of supplies, at least until they are much higher, so do not depend on them (although one early GB, Lighthouse of Alexandria does give a good bonus when you do your collections) - just keep a sufficient number of Age appropriate, and that will do it. This particular game is not a speed game - it most definitely was designed to be played over the long term, so there is no rush to get things done, other than the Daily quests. If you do rush in this game, you are just going to create bottlenecks of your own making.

I disagree with you in many ways.

Reno and 1Ups are plentiful. Do GE and DQ's and you will have more than enough.
GB's like Himeji and Seed Vault give a nice amount of supplies.
Biggest drawback of the confectionary is the footprint. You can replace it with 2 special buildings that can do the same.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I disagree with you in many ways.

Biggest drawback of the confectionary is the footprint. You can replace it with 2 special buildings that can do the same.
Yes - however, this conversation was for/from someone in a much lower Age, so Himeji and Seed Vault are not likely in play yet. So unless getting help from others, looking at only having having access to a few GB's with supplies. Of course, being in a much higher Age does provide much more choices.
And I do DQ's and GE all the time - there are a few Reno/1Ups you can get, but it is not much - and when you Age up, depending what buildings you have and individual choice of importance, they get used up quickly - so these are expensive to use on confectionaries.
So you may disagree with me - but taking into account the Age of the thread's author, that is where my answer was directed towards.

Knight of ICE

Yes - however, this conversation was for/from someone in a much lower Age, so Himeji and Seed Vault are not likely in play yet. So unless getting help from others, looking at only having having access to a few GB's with supplies. Of course, being in a much higher Age does provide much more choices.
And I do DQ's and GE all the time - there are a few Reno/1Ups you can get, but it is not much - and when you Age up, depending what buildings you have and individual choice of importance, they get used up quickly - so these are expensive to use on confectionaries.
So you may disagree with me - but taking into account the Age of the thread's author, that is where my answer was directed towards.

Problem there is that he told you what age he is in after your statement, so how exactly was your answer diredcted towards that?. Also, if Reno/1Up kits are expensive on confectionaries, they are expensive on every building, so that argument is moot.

Nguyenrv09

Private
Hello again, I do have lots of confectionaries and selling them would not get me anything back. The store building tool is pretty rare; how do I get them more frequently?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Hi all,

In my city, I have 4 confectionaries, 2 large confectionaries and a huge confectionary. Their production is insane and matches production buildings 3 eras above my age. I also noticed that other people do not have confectionaries even though they turn up quite often in my antique dealer. Is there a reason for this? Do confectionaries not give as many points or something? All my production buildings are special buildings and now my supply stock is more than my coins! I do not see a problem with this. Can someone please give me a reason why people don't have confectionaries?

My opinion: Confectionaries are pretty small almost like alchemists and they are insane. They do not cost much either in the antique dealer especially the smallest one. No gems!!!

Thank you!

Nguyenrv09 (en12)
i dont have them anymore as they are simply not needed, once your city grows and you have leveled up gbs etc there is not much need for them the focus is all about att boost and def, for me now, i have gold coming out of my ears, and supplies also, and even fps i have 100s in a day so all i need are attack boosting items

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hello again, I do have lots of confectionaries and selling them would not get me anything back. The store building tool is pretty rare; how do I get them more frequently?
Best bet, in my opinion, is do your Daily Challenges. You have a 25% chance weekly (that is, if you do the Daily every day, otherwise after 7 Daily Challenges) of winning 2 of them in the Challengers Chest. If you are using a computer to play, hover your mouse over the Challenger Chest, and you will see what the regular rewards are, as well as the chances of winning any one particular reward,

Knight of ICE

Best bet, in my opinion, is do your Daily Challenges. You have a 25% chance weekly (that is, if you do the Daily every day, otherwise after 7 Daily Challenges) of winning 2 of them in the Challengers Chest. If you are using a computer to play, hover your mouse over the Challenger Chest, and you will see what the regular rewards are, as well as the chances of winning any one particular reward,

You also have a 20% chance of getting one in the Item User's Chest.

However in GE you have 3 chances to get a Store Building and if you have a Temple of Relics even more. I would say that is your best bet, not to mention Eventsd, where you can get even more if you want to.

r21r

Major-General
Renos and 1ups agreed after 1 point they are,
about confectionaries though, i never had them as a big deal but recently i deleted a city and got a few from the dealer (for productions mostly cause of the small footprint) and i noticed that if you have a high Alexandrias and a Royal A.Hall, they can produce a lot more supplies than i could imagine.
Himeji and Seed Vault (well himeji mostly) are more than enough for the early eras, later on though, especially if you do UBQ's they are a good partner.
Talking about FE in my case !

(TF's lvl2 give me like 50k and motivated large confectionary ~100k!! with a lvl2-3 Rah and LoA ofc)

PS biggest pain i've meet is the Store kits