• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Making space for construction advice

With the growing need to place GB's & event buildings with never enough expansions, we are left with some hard strategic decisions.
What are the first buildings you delete to make space for better constructions and any tips for extra space?

Shad23

Emperor
decorations , buildings who give def % to your def army ,victory towers then if you still need space to place something better then if an old event building does not give you much compared to what you want to place you can delete those , if you want more help post a screenshot of your city maybe would help us help you

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Generally you should focus on fp generation until you have arc 80, and then pivot to combat after you have substantial fp reserves from investing (and sniping). This assumes you will actively earn income from your arc, and that you intend to fight in battleground etc.

But really your question is impossible to answer as it depends on where you’re at in the game and your current objectives. Eg decorations are useless in end game but very useful in early ages.

Shad23

Emperor
But really your question is impossible to answer as it depends on where you’re at in the game and your current objectives. Eg decorations are useless in end game but very useful in early ages.
which is why i suggested he shows us a print screen of his city

Thinking to replace some of my expansion consuming
FOE.png
houses and production buildings with GB's like Himeji Castle or Innovation Tower.

The main problem is not obtaining buildings but with added events, there is never enough expansions or space to place them. This is very game restricting, not everyone will buy the many diamonds needed for extra expansions.
It's like they are restricting progress or the amount of fun you can have in FOE.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Also consider reorganization of your city layout, the less roads, and bends in those roads, the better. Connect some of your larger buildings behind your town hall (ToR, arc), that way you don’t need as many roads

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
The main problem is not obtaining buildings but with added events, there is never enough expansions or space to place them. This is very game restricting, not everyone will buy the many diamonds needed for extra expansions.
It's like they are restricting progress or the amount of fun you can have in FOE.
Wrong,, you have a poor city set up, no ones fault but your own.. how do you expect to expand your city when you dont fight and you have little to none attack boosts, so GE is costly for you and your probably not doing lvl4.. decent prizes from lvl 4 which will give you the diamonds, so not everyone buys diamonds... follow the story quests and you win more diamonds...take part in gbg get more diamonds...dont rely on the 4 WW to keep you supplied with endless diamonds, a lot of work is needed to save your city from coming even more less efficient.

Here is the result of the feedback in this thread:
FOE.png

With the help of my guild leader (Shad), I now have an INNO GB with no less than 15 constructions contributing to +att amounting to 138% plus deleted many houses with more to go soon.
I considered constructing Cathedral of Aachen for att and daily coin bonus but decided Castel del Monte will do for now as it takes less space and easier to level up, besides C of A is ugly!
Thank you all for your great input. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
When I overload my city with buildings, and I have no space for new ones to put, I start doing maths and calculate FPs/tile and attack boost/tile for my building. In accordion with that, I exchange my old, less efficient buildings for new, more efficient.

Dead-Eye

General
When I overload my city with buildings, and I have no space for new ones to put, I start doing maths and calculate FPs/tile and attack boost/tile for my building. In accordion with that, I exchange my old, less efficient buildings for new, more efficient.

But moaning on the internet is so much more funner.

CoA lvl 10. 600 fps, CdM lvl 10: 700 fps.

Attack/def boost for CoA/CdM is the same all the way.

Interesting, because CdM looks smaller compared to imo ugly CoA which is important because sometimes I put in a building solely because it looks good or environmentally friendly.
Anyway I prefer CdM's fp's compared to CoA's coins so I didn't make a bad decision.

Making space for better buildings is a key and essential part of the game.
Even with severe deletions and putting better GB's there still is not the space for all the main event buildings so something has to give.

Last edited: