• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Galata Tower Feedback!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
It’s available on Noarsil. I got a full set of prints but no intention of building it.

This is the feedback thread so should add that I won’t be building this GB as it has no use to me. The amount I’m plundered would never compensate the cost to level or the opportunity cost of the space to place it. Similarly disinterested in getting a small amount of goods from 3 ages back when I have Chateaux giving endless current age goods. To me this one is on the list with Virgo, Colosseum etc etc as space wasters in any city designed for fp or combat.

Last edited:

FLKMAMS

Sergeant
Great building, it gives goods that i dont need, ant it will avoid plundering my royal marble getaways, which i dont really care. I paid 1600 diamonds for it, and I deleted it at lvl 1 xD

Thrawnf

Corporal
Question:

how does this work with Voyager V1?
Does it count as an attempt, or not if the plunder is repelled?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Why was announcement of this new GB "hiden" from public?

Othervise its superb GB!

Pros:
-very tiny 3x3
-no age - no goods needed to build
-gives past 2 era goods
-bonus: repeal enemy attack, so you NOT need any kind of city defence atm, so you can spare like 100+space....but when PvP will come back, then you can use some city deff if you are chsing 1st spot, but it all depends, how will work, and what will be the gaine for players

Cons:
-nothing??

So this is realy the best latest all overall GB for strong players, if we exclude FP and attack boost GBs.

Forwandert

Major-General
Why was announcement of this new GB "hiden" from public?

Othervise its superb GB!

I would hardly say it was hidden. It had announcements, the forums and ingame chats are being constantly used for messages with people in confusion about how to gain it, how its triggered and if it's even available on each server.

The only thing hidden is any sort of clarity from Inno on the above so people can stop asking the same questions daily. You would think 3 months since announced on beta would be enough time to get an answer to a questions so anybody with no interest in the GB would get some peace.

Ev4ma

Captain
i have a GT and its at lv 9 without me putting in as much as 10fp
I dont like how easy it is to get one
all you need to do is lose 300-400 fp

I was sceptical at first, but it’s only 3x3 so it’s a must have just for the goods imo. The plundering perk of the Galata Tower is nothing to shout about though. You really need to level it high to get it at a decent percentage (level 94 gives 53.15% chance of a plunder repel)

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I was sceptical at first, but it’s only 3x3 so it’s a must have just for the goods imo. The plundering perk of the Galata Tower is nothing to shout about though. You really need to level it high to get it at a decent percentage for someone not able to plunder you.
Agreed. For a lower age player, the goods collection is a fair return for the building size. The added bonus of possibly stopping a plunder is nice, but not that useful until you age up. And as you age up, the goods may not really be worth it anymore. But definitely nice in HMA.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
i got my plunder repeled 2 times. but not my, it worked against me lol. the plundering gets more harder. I got to see that it says "your plunder attempt was repeled by this player's galata tower" i think. Nothing that special though. I got my galata up to level 22 in korch. The reason i built it was to hype players when it was released. Players were really hyped on getting bps that they put loads of fps. And got galata to level 22 without much fps loss. It's goods production is the best function i think. As its 3X3, later it would be useful for goods seller in the game(selling gb goods)

eeyore

Corporal
At long last, inno put something in place that a normal city would have: A surprise defence. The AI used normally means that an attacker with 6 rogues and 2 troops will always win the battle for that the AI fires at the rogues first, rather than ignoring the rogues and firing on the two troops first (once killed, the rogues will just fall.

So, it is with great excitement to note the arrival of GALATA Tower. This, after just 6 (fairly easily achievable) levels gives nearly a quarter chance that an attempt to plunder the
city is unsuccessful.
My tower is attached as well as a screenprint of a successfully thwarted plundering attempt.

Please keep this tower and don't give the plunderers a building that might counteract Galata; Galata, in my view, is a long, long overdue city defence that any city would have had: lead the enemy in, tempt them and then - plop! - they descend into a waterslide to end up back outside the gates of the city whence they came.

Attachments

• Galata.png
    Galata.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Galata works.png
    Galata works.png
    772.3 KB · Views: 207

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Oh the anti plunder side of it is stupid and should be removed, why should bad players who are bad at the game be rewarded? but the goods are great.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Oh the anti plunder side of it is stupid and should be removed, why should bad players who are bad at the game be rewarded? but the goods are great.
It'll ironically help out the far more active & naturally aggressive players vs. the whiny scrubs...

Those who whine endlessly about the evil plunderers are just too lazy and/or will never put anywhere near enough effort into their cities to make the plunder repel actually viable.
On the other hand, any active player w/Lv80+ Arc will have a hay day with it, since it's now becoming easier to build up bp stocks within any active guild. :)

eeyore

Corporal
It'll ironically help out the far more active & naturally aggressive players vs. the whiny scrubs...

Those who whine endlessly about the evil plunderers are just too lazy and/or will never put anywhere near enough effort into their cities to make the plunder repel actually viable.
On the other hand, any active player w/Lv80+ Arc will have a hay day with it, since it's now becoming easier to build up bp stocks within any active guild. :)
Mmh! You forget one thing: Only a successful attack makes plundering possible. And the AI is skewed much in favour of the attacker: How else would it be possible to attack with 6 rogues and two real troops, only for the (automated / AI-driven) defence of the city fires at the rogues first?? If I am active, the rogues are the last thing to be attacked, removing the troops proper first. My defence, for instance is super-high, yet constantly yields due to the fault in the AI (rogues being shot at first).