• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter 2020 Feeback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

GADfan

Warrant Officer
There are a set amount of incidents to find every day. Only a rare few contain stars and when they do it can range from 1 to 20 stars (highest I've seen, anyway).
Come on, Inno, give us a minimum of 10 stars when they show up so we can at least open one of the presents in the Event window!

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have all 9 reindeers found but still have to give 2995 diamonds to claim 9 rewards. Is that piracy or just a bug_
Not a bug or piracy. Just something added for those players who choose to be 'pay-to-play' (thereby helping the players who choose to not pay anything, continue to enjoy a free game) as well as those players who have also created 'diamond farms' with something to spent their excess diamonds on.
Absolutely nothing wrong with this kind of reward being added the odd time, since it does not affect game play at all, and does not hinder the 'free-to-play' players from obtaining at least 1 maxed event building. (and some Beta players say that the non-diamond spending players should get 2 fully maxed event building and a partial third - true or not, I do not know myself)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
So you had the same result over 4 worlds without spending any diamonds?
24 shrink kits in one day when there was one on offer, how?

Well sounds like your game is broken.
Sounds like your the broken one, you do know you can win more than one daily special lol I had 6 daily specials, sentinel tower upgrades, it all depends how you use your stars and a bit of luck

Yeah, sneaky marketing with that reindeer offer :lol: And the calendar too...
I just ignore it. Like I ignore all the other "special offers".
Glad someone pays for my game though. No revenue, no game.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Just one question, do we really need to have Winter Village and Winter Deco selection kits as daily specials? They are literally borderline useless.

I think its cause they had this event go on for so long, they had to toss something there, and those 2 kits happened to be those somethings. Its just like the AD on that front, trash items for dailies that we just entirely ignore.

Like, the winter village has been powercreeped so hard its confusing as to why it still exists

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Overall: The event is not popular. I find it dull. The lock pick and reindeer side “games” are widely perceived as a blatant cash grab that is the polar opposite of what Christmas should be about.

Prizes:
* The main bakery prize is not as good as recent event buildings but it’s ok; it probably gets more criticism than warranted. The fact that you can’t chain the buildings to get bonuses reduces desirability.
* Some of the daily prizes are good, such as sentinel outposts.

Mechanisms:
* The main game is pure chance with no luck mitigation other than to obtain more currency. A feature to shuffle is noticeably absent; I wish it was there but adding it wouldn’t “fix” a random game with no skill element
* The nativity calendar could be a nice little present on the side but instead of finding a way to engage players to complete the calendar, the prizes are really bad so there is little motivation to participate, and the availability of lock picks is miserly so there’s no way to really participate without paying
* The reindeer thing is horrible. New players can’t believe they still have to pay after getting all the reindeer. Think about that for a moment - when people work out exactly is on offer here they can’t believe it at first because it is so bad.

Summary: Go back to the drawing board on this one. The spirit of the season is fun family charity; this event is the opposite of those things. Being miserly - or being perceived to miserly at Christmas - is not fun for players and bad for the brand.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Wait a minute, if you put all four in a line on the same road, only the middle 2 get both their bonuses?

WHY? Why was this not done like a set that including all buildings in the line itself? Why is this building not only incredibly bad but also designed stupidly?

It should work that when you hit 3 different ones, any new ones places on the same road line gives all bonuses. Why does it work in a way that is stupid instead?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Wait a minute, if you put all four in a line on the same road, only the middle 2 get both their bonuses?

WHY? Why was this not done like a set that including all buildings in the line itself? Why is this building not only incredibly bad but also designed stupidly?

It should work that when you hit 3 different ones, any new ones places on the same road line gives all bonuses. Why does it work in a way that is stupid instead?
That is why it was also shown as a 2 x 2 positioning. It really is just a space waster and Bonus #1 is far better than Bonus #2

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yes but it would make so much more sense if it was able to be placed in a line, they have done it before with the train and hippodromes, line sets exist. This could have been a set we could line up the other way, instead its even more trash

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Not very worth it in my opinion
C811B006-B88C-4D23-911E-8EECD95CF17B.jpeg