• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter 2020 Feeback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I think if I were to get a job at NASA's JPL, whatever I was tasked to do would be simpler than playing and working out this event!

.Org

Private
Is anyone else noticing the Winter Event indicator top-left on PC/Browser going missing and only reappearing after refresh? Happened to me 3 times now on 1 world and twice on my other!

.Org

Private
Spent first stars within minutes of the event starting.

Oh - you are talking about the arrows that pointed to the Winter Event indicator - yes you are perfectly correct that did disappear after the first stars were spent.

I'm talking about the whole icon thing disappearing!

So unbelievable lucky strike just happened, I finished all the rush quests and was still short of 2 train upgrade kits. With my last stars I opened x2 present which doubles the next reward. But had no more stars so I remebered they always give event currency as a gift and checked my email. Got some stars as a gift, picked them up and was thinking how cool would it be to get that upgrade as it would be doubled. But hit shuffle at first and got so annoyed but double shuffle kept me in a bit longer. Tried the next batch and first present was X2 again and you're guessing, next present was 2 upgrade kits I was missing with my last stars

Screenshot_20201204-000046_Forge of Empires.jpg

Knight of ICE

How would you define event feedback? What falls under feedback and what under comments category? So I don't keep posting under the wrong category. I got more to post soon.

The purpose of feedback is helping to improve the event. Telling what you like about the event, what not and how you think it can be improved. It isn't asking questions on how things work, or what prizes others like. Hope that makes it more clear for you. Hope that makes it more clear to you. When in doubt, post in the other thread and I will move it for you if needed.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I didn't check if anyone mentioned this, but one thing I hate about this year's Winter event more than it's main prize is this calendar thingie, which is made intentionally to make people spend Stars each day in order to get Keys instead of accumulating them for daily specials. This was just a terrible move from Inno.

Dead-Eye

General
I didn't check if anyone mentioned this, but one thing I hate about this year's Winter event more than it's main prize is this calendar thingie, which is made intentionally to make people spend Stars each day in order to get Keys instead of accumulating them for daily specials. This was just a terrible move from Inno.
Its only a terrible move if you bother with it. Kinda like them stupid reindeer.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
The purpose of feedback is helping to improve the event. Telling what you like about the event, what not and how you think it can be improved. It isn't asking questions on how things work, or what prizes others like. Hope that makes it more clear for you. Hope that makes it more clear to you. When in doubt, post in the other thread and I will move it for you if needed.

It's a bit late for suggesting improvements to an event that's already gone live. Comments are about the only useful things so the same mistakes aren't repeated next year.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Christmas is a time for good cheer and charity towards your fellow human being...
Well this event is nothing more than an extortion for players to buy diamonds.

Seriously poor...in the words of one of the FOE videos: ' seriously pants!'
I have to spend how much diamonds to get bakery set fully levelled up????? Flip me!
So we don't get a key to unlock a box everyday....well that will take a long time...oh wait what you really want us to do is buy the picks to open the boxes...well since the rewards / prizes are seriously poor...dream on

When I first started managed to pick up 5 lock picks from daily and incidents....thought let's open a few boxes then....ah...you need 10 lock picks to open 1 box...seriously?
Oh I forgot the sleigh in main screen...so once full you then still have to buy it for nearly 3000 diamonds!!!
...and if that's not enough, if you don't buy it, you get penalised by no more goods being added once full!
...and the dailies ...for 2 lock picks....please get real!

Daily challenge.jpg

Last edited:

Groovy Prof

Corporal
For next year please do not have quests for 2 lock picks when you need 10 to open 1 box
And make the prizes worth it....I mean if you intend for people to pay real money, they need to get something worth it.
Also how about making the calendar free?
Everyday you get to open a door (like in a normal advent calendar) in fact in a normal advent calendar at least you get some chocolate!

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Well then, let's see...
- the main prize is useless garbage, as it is beyond obnoxiously huge & thus, it's actual bonuses per square are among the outright WORST in the entire game.

- the mini-game mechanic is stupid as gak due to the shuffle mechanic. At least take a page out of Elvenar's book & make the Shuffle a player controlled option that requires event currency to activate.

- The daily prizes are mostly 'meh'.

- The "bonus" features are a damn joke, and only people with too much money would ever fall for such lackluster garbage... especially the stupid advent calender, who's only noteworthy prize is a single 1-UP kit. >.<

Overall, I give this event an -F, as even the dumpster fire is more useful, since at least it'll keep one warm. :P