• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I don't see siege camps or guild alliances or province swapping or "blocking" or whatever some players complain about as loopholes that can be exploited. I see them as tactical "tools" you can use on the battleground. All guilds have the same "tools" and options available. It's not unfair or unbalanced. Nothing wrong with the tools or the tactical dispositions guilds make, imo. Bad guild matching makes it unfair and unbalanced.
well that is ok you are entitled to your opinion on it all the fact you might be a 4k or more player might have something to do with your standpoint or maybe you enjoy making 1000s of fps while the rest of the guilds enjoy watching you ? but anyway the point is there are plenty who play the game who are not happy with it all

well that is ok you are entitled to your opinion on it all the fact you might be a 4k or more player might have something to do with your standpoint or maybe you enjoy making 1000s of fps while the rest of the guilds enjoy watching you ? but anyway the point is there are plenty who play the game who are not happy with it all
4k player? = 4.000 rank points? Yeah, I'm above that :lol: But I'm not a top player. And my guild is not a top guild.
Some GBG seasons are good, some are bad. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. Sometimes we can take most of the map, sometimes we get totally squeezed. It depends on the guild match.

1000s of fps from GBG? Nah, I don't get that much. Not per day at least. But from a whole season I probably do, yes. That's not from GBG alone though. A lot of the fps come from high level HC and SC rewards.
I'm not strong enough (or have time enough) to make 1000s of GBG battles every day, even with full SC support. Some players can do that, I know, and they win crazy amounts of fps and goods. I don't really care. It doesn't hurt my fun with the game.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
but anyway the point is there are plenty who play the game who are not happy with it all
And there are also plenty who play the game who are sufficiently happy with it all. Sometimes my guild finishes near the top, and sometimes finishes near the bottom. Much more balanced to never know from one Battleground to the next, where and what the opponents will be like. To be first or near first every single time would make this game much more unbalanced and unworthy.
Is it perfect - no
Could it be better - yes
Is it sufficient enough that people can choose to stay or go - yes.
Do I have the jealous need to finish in first place battleground, after battleground, after battleground - no

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
I’ve been having rollercoasters as well. My guild changes between gold and platinum all the time, which is absolutely fine. We’re pretty good in gold, but once we’re in platinum we don’t usually think to progress to diamond, because our guild isn’t too big. But I’m happy with the results.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Join a better guild simple
been in so many guilds, the top guilds i dont get enough fights out of, i am in a 3 man guild now as we do great until we move up to diamond, i speak as a player who does make 5k or more and 1000s of fps, so i should be happy but the fact is i want competition, i want to beat teams or be beaten by fair play and not see them wiining just because they have done a deal and they work together to keep others out, that is not what the game is about, guild v guild should mean what is says, but what is it really ? maybe the correct name for it should be guilds abuse contest ? who can abuse the system the best is the champ

been in so many guilds, the top guilds i dont get enough fights out of, i am in a 3 man guild now as we do great until we move up to diamond, i speak as a player who does make 5k or more and 1000s of fps, so i should be happy but the fact is i want competition, i want to beat teams or be beaten by fair play and not see them wiining just because they have done a deal and they work together to keep others out, that is not what the game is about, guild v guild should mean what is says, but what is it really ? maybe the correct name for it should be guilds abuse contest ? who can abuse the system the best is the champ
This game is very much about teamwork. Why not teamwork across guilds? How is that "abuse of the system"? What system? Your system?

Last edited:

Tokyme

Private
There are potentially many things that could be considered in a constructive discussion without derailing into borderline heated exchanges and unnecessary posturing:

1. Countdown advances if held for more than a period of time - the time reducing the higher you are holding.

2. Reset the map every 12hrs whilst attrition only resets every 24hrs.

3. Maximum number of sectors a guild can hold at any one time - taking another requires releasing one you hold.

4. Retaking a sector that you were the previous holder of (ie. us > them > back to us) requires an 8hr cool down period so sector is free for 4hrs to others.

5. Change the league points system ... silly that once at 1000 you can end 3rd and still be on 1000, once at 1000 only 1st should stay there.

6. Perhaps too late for this, but change scoring. +125, +75 way too fast. +15, +10, +5 perhaps better.

7. In addition to 6 above, a server wide (random?) reset of guilds points every now and then to force a slow reclimb through the ranks.

8. Tricky one this as hard to define - but if centres all held but unreachable through blocked ring, allow direct access to a free centre randomly and for a limited time only - like an underground ‘tunnel’ siege opportunity Once or twice a day per guild.

9. Perhaps even a twist on number 8 above as a general thing so once or twice a day certain sectors that a guild can’t access naturally become attackable - fun element here would be if the other guilds did not know when/where so cannot plan a blocking strategy beforehand.

10. Even though it seems to already be so controversial, either remove SC’s entirely or remove them immediately once a sector is taken with them ... ie. all touching sectors that “aided” the siege.

Controversy or not - the current SC benefit makes it VERY easy for strong guilds to gain the map and hold it for 10 days and as we know, it is difficult to get through the 0-1 SC cell sectors to get close to the 2-3 SC cell sectors. So as reasonable as it is to say that a strong guild with high level players and an abundant treasury deserve to be able to gain some advantage from their hard earned position, it is one of the key factors that leads to the problem (albeit a controversial one) that the map can be controlled all too easily because the SC’s and SC sharing are what scale the number of super-fast encounters so massively.

So as it stands an Uber-guild flies into the centre within 5-10mins of GBG starting - they have the carefully selected members with L80-L100 military to do so and caps off to them.
Now they chuck down a plethora of camps and with the help of their matey guild they lock the board from the centre out.
The medium and small guilds trying to get past the outer ring with (if they are lucky) a single SC are faced with the strategic defence of one of two power-house guilds backed by 4-5 SC’s who will just kill off the attempted surge with their zero attrition backing their powerhouse military.

An admirable strategy to some - but the above rapid fire suggestions are all subjective and very loose from me on my little soap box ... and generally speaking, one or two or a few of these, if implemented in a similar fashion (or to address the same fundamental point) would allow a power guild to still get in more fights than a ‘weaker’ guild and quite rightly so ... and they will also out-sprint most guilds in a sector race and quite rightly so ... and their treasuries would allow them to throw down buildings when needed to boost their GBG encounters whilst ‘poorer’ guilds will not be able to and quite rightly so ... and strategic guilds would still try to (temporarily) cut off guilds from coming at them too quickly and quite rightly so.

But in general, their 70-80 members with L100+Arcs, OBS, Atomiums and L80-L100 military will still allow them many, many more encounters and personal rewards than then guild with much lower member prowess ... whilst these guilds with much lower prowess would be able to potentially get a bit more out of GBG by virtue of a hopefully less simple blocking/swapping strategy restricting them to a few outer scraps if they are lucky and allowing them to get a few runs in the 2nd/3rd rings and maybe even centres.

These surges would be short lived because the Uber-guilds would just come flying back every 4hrs anyway so no harm done in terms of huge upsets in the scoreboard or anything, just a bit of opportunity for all and no more ‘all for us’ greed.

Is this not ultimately a bit more balanced?

I wish I had seen this thread when it started, but to be honest the game takes so much of your time nowadays. it has been months since I browsed the forum.

A bit late to the party and I have tried to read as much of this thread as I can, but it is a lot to absorb ... and in saying that, I may be so far off the mark here because the traction from here may already have gone through to the devs or at least to an Inno for consideration?

This is a lengthy post and I do apologise, but being late to the thread, I would like to spew the whole 'where I am coming from' thing before actually making a few (hopefully) constructive suggestions :)

I for one do not think that the time in between seasons in too short and I say that because it is (or should I say, used to be) 'on the whole' a fun thing to have in your day to day game and brings good personal rewards etc and I for one dislike the few days we currently have off so to speak, as actually playing GBG like our guild does is not something that requires psychiatric treatment and altered sleep patterns and a few short sessions during your daily gameplay has typically been a fun, rewarding and generally good thing ... probably because for us it has never been an obsession driven chore.

But I say this not to go against what seems to be a strong opinion here that the gap should be longer, but rather to suggest that the huge exploitation spam opportunities are what are causing guilds to lose sleep, map-watch 24/7 and ultimately have to get to the point that everyone is focussing on here ... that being 'we need a longer break from this intense grind' ... whereas the view I have discussed at length within our guild and which I am going to throw into the ring here, is to suggest changes to GBG that waters down the ridiculous exploitation loophole/spamming as this loophole exploitation is what is attracting and breeding the burnout in the first place, along with the various other side effects discussed in this thread.

Increasing the recovery time (sounds like a real life PTSD which is ridiculous to say the least) will NOT balance the exploitation so will just make the exploitation less horrible for the 24/7 clock-watchers whilst doing nothing about the format balancing issues.
The obsessed will remain equally obsessed during the 10 day stint and then just get a longer period to actually have a life in between ... this serves to ignore the flaws and any intrinsic imbalances in the overall GBG format and simply make it more achievable for the addicted to be able to continue their addiction.

Let's be clear about one thing, the guilds that are destroying GBG for many (most?) other guilds are working hard for their money - make no mistake, so the obsession, the Skype groups, the bleary eyes and no doubt strain on their relationships in real life are all prices they are paying for their huge rewards, but here in lies the heart of my view (as shared by many of those within our guild and hopefully others) ..... the board locking spam that these guilds are pursuing, especially when allied with like minded guilds, actively PREVENTS other guilds (which means other players of this game) from getting much out of GBG at all, so the mantra is pretty much to play the game for many more hours every day in real-life-altering shift patterns to clock/map watch and earn yourself an extra 1000+ forge points every day ... or have a life, play the game in it's traditional format (buildings, GB's, daily collections, events) and grow your City via the games original strategies with a potential competitive ratio 'deficit' upwards of 1000 forge points per day (and let's please all remember that doing all of these 'normal' things along with GE and a bit of GBG every day already takes a few hours each and every day on average) ... and let's also be clear and remind ourselves that this 90 page thread is a small looking glass into widespread distaste in the current format, so it is not a case of 'if it aint broke'.

By the way, this not a whinge or a whine ... we all know this is a strategy game and if there are those out there with little else going on in their real lives that want to live, eat, sleep and breathe GBG day in day out and make a gazillion point whilst doing go, then so be it and may they long be remembered for their sheer brilliance in the game - but no other strategy in this game actively prevents or takes away from others playing the game of having access to the chance of rewards as dramatically as this.
Recurring Quests, Arc 1.9x groups, trading goods for FP, diamond mining/farming ... none of these strategic twists that were discovered along the way in the games natural evolution takes anything away from another player or prevents them from playing or having a chance to enjoy a certain aspect of the game.
But the exploited loopholes in GBG do exactly that.
Locking the map with the 159/160 swap group exploitation in the current format makes it virtually impossible for the unobsessed to get into the rings with more SC cells and so on, which ultimately means faltering around with one or two sectors per day due to the higher attrition on the outer rings where they have been pinned back to.
It is one thing to lose a race for a sector, but it is another ballgame entirely to be so easily prevented from playing GBG at all (well, just about) and as clever as the alliances are in setting up the little 4hr grid swaps, it is a really silly loophole trick that is spoiling this for the vast majority of others by the format basically allowing players to ultimately decide (if I can put it that way) who should and who shouldn't be allowed to play and get rewards.
This is not about guild power, prestige, ranking points or other bragging rights - this is about thousands and thousands of forge points that Inno is currently allowing to be dished out by a group of players as they see fit and that is just bizarre to say the least :)

So the short of it all is that I feel the balancing should be addressed so that that everyone can enjoy GBG a little bit more rather than throwing a bone to the greedy so that they can recover their hammered treasuries and spend a bit more time with their kids and/or loved ones.
Throwing said bone would ease the little bit of inconvenience that is manifesting amongst the few (too short a break in between for us to recover from roll calls and our Treasuries are depleted) ... let's just remind everyone that they are currently doing this for upwards of 1000FP per day ... whilst the many remain locked out .... whereas addressing the balance could (hopefully, as a delicate set of balances would probably be required to please all) introduce much more difficult complexities for the greedy to gain such massive advantages, whilst the many regular players can perhaps get to enjoy this portion of the game and get a chance of enjoying a few rewards as well.

Let's face the dilemma head on for a second using a few silly examples ... currently, Player A is in a guild that exploits the GBG loopholes and earns, on average, an extra 800 FP each and every day from GBG ... whilst Player B is in one of the locked out guilds in that season and typically earns perhaps 30-50 FP per day during the season and even this probably requires checking back regularly throughout the day to check if there is even an accessible sector to try and do a few encounters on.
Now we balance the format and Player A is suddenly (for example) only able to earn 500 FP per day and Player B has the ability to enjoy GBG as a game feature as well and with sufficient effort may make 150-200 FP per day.
That to me would be an example of balance and as far as I am concerned if the greedy would then want to quit the game because they would no longer have ALL the rewards available (meaning nobody else can have anything), then I would have to say that the core of this issue would be revealing itself in all of it's true colours, as using the silly example quotas above, 500 FP if you want to work really hard and 150-200 FP if you want to work hard is surely not something to rip apart as an injustice?

OK, so that is my ranting background of my opinion ... regarding suggestions, I have quite a few which I will post when I get a chance later on or tomorrow (no idea if some or all of them already exist in the ideas section so hopefully if I do put them in here some kind souls will advise me as to their uniqueness, similarity or duplicity) ... and I do hope the trolls don't get wind of this post as it they make general discussion such tedious work :)

And you had no trouble making up for it in one post - lol - you're good for a few more months.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
This game is very much about teamwork. Why not teamwork across guilds? How is that "abuse of the system"? What system? Your system?
team work is fine, but i thought the idea was to find a winner from all the guilds who compete ? isnt that the aim of the game ? so you want to change that simple concept into lets get 2 or 3 guilds and we can pick who wins and who comes 2nd ? in my day that was called cheating or rigging the game, i see its your idea of teamwork ? i stand corrected silly me trying to play to win a game the way its supposed to be played or in the spirit i should say

Emberguard

Legend
@fatugly
I get what you’re saying, and your point has merit. However the competition is across two weeks while the winner is pretty clear within 1-2 days without the sector swapping. If competitions weren’t so long then there’d be less room (or “need”) for “rigging”

In a way the GBG sector swapping is a similar system to The Arc. Why swap hundreds of times to fill a level when you can cut to the chase and do it in go?

In a way the GBG sector swapping is a similar system to The Arc. Why swap hundreds of times to fill a level when you can cut to the chase and do it in go?
I'm pretty sure some players see the fast 1.9 contributions and the "speed leveling" of several GB levels in a short time as cheating or exploiting loopholes or abusing the system too. But that's a discussion for another thread.

team work is fine, but i thought the idea was to find a winner from all the guilds who compete ? isnt that the aim of the game ? so you want to change that simple concept into lets get 2 or 3 guilds and we can pick who wins and who comes 2nd ? in my day that was called cheating or rigging the game, i see its your idea of teamwork ? i stand corrected silly me trying to play to win a game the way its supposed to be played or in the spirit i should say
No, I don't want to change the "simple concept". Teamwork across guilds "to find a winner" is a tactical option in the way GBG is designed. That it shouldn't be allowed is your definition of how it's "supposed to be played".
I completely understand, why you don't like it, but it's not cheating or rigging the system, as long as it's possible.
Should it be changed? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it is the way the game designers want it to be. Like it or not.

Is it technically possible at all to block guilds from working together in GBG? How would it be possible to stop no-attack-pacts or province swapping or special arrangements like you-take-left-side-we-take-right-side-of-the-map?....

Last edited:
We had a brilliant season this round. We're not a top 10 guild full of strong fighters, and we're not "bullies" squeezing everyone else every season.
But we worked together with 2 other guilds this season, - guilds we've never had any relationship with before, - and it made us share 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions.
Why is that a wrong or an abusing way to play GBG?

Last edited: