• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FoE is on Twitter

Shad23

Emperor
what privacy concerns the green dot does'nt mean a thing green dot can stay there eaven if you are not physically on line that green dot is driving me crazy i prefered when facebook told you that the other person saw your msg but back then ppl like you must have thaught that might cause privacy concerns

what privacy concerns the green dot does'nt mean a thing green dot can stay there eaven if you are not physically on line that green dot is driving me crazy i prefered when facebook told you that the other person saw your msg but back then ppl like you must have thaught that might cause privacy concerns
FB is one of the biggest data farming companies, even outside of FB. Thus "privacy concerns". I've stopped using FB a long time ago. Don't trust them. Don't want them to track me all over the web and "share" (sell) all my private data.
Maybe I'm a little too paranoid, but I also use Track- and Ad-Blockers in my web browsers, and I run the browsers in "privacy mode" to clear cookies and other web data when I close the browsers.
Don't know what the "green dot" is. But I guess it's a FB notification thing on mobiles. Switch off FB notifications, if you want to get rid of it.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Very much in agreement with you Klods. No Facebook, Twitter or any of that other foolish social media. All of it is now used by various marketing companies (including their own internal marketing) to make money without user's permissions. And so much of it is linked up, so even if you did not give particular information to one company, they will still have it when they merge the various databases together. And as Twitter has proven, just a platform for twits - basically a platform for fools and idiots (only have to hear about all these 'social media' stars with their thousands or millions of followers). So much more could be said - but anyone promoting these kinds of programs/services - well, that says plenty enough about those individuals. So sad that the next generation or two are just going to be a group of brain dead morons with nothing better to do than watching their latest nobody social media star, and how many of these same brain dead organisms are even sending or spending money on this.