• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Strength Imbalance

DeletedUser7363

Can anyone explain why I have suddenly started being attacked by people way stronger than me? Today I've logged on after work and found most of my goods have been stolen by people way stronger than normally attack me. Has something changed? If this keeps happening then there is no point in playing as there is no way I can catch up. :(

DeletedUser3157

Every monday some naberhoods get rebuilt and merged, usually the ones which were dropping below or near 40 members. Might be the case for you and your naberhood, perhaps you merged with another one which consists of some more attack oriented and/or bigger players. Although being plundered can be annoying, I wouldn't say merge is a bad thing - players who get to grow with and fight against more competative nabers usually themselves end up more competative and higher in rankings. That is ofcourse if they have similar mental fortitude and gaming attitude.

Know that playing with more advanced nabers usually means you have more options in trade market(as opposed to playing with bunch of inactives as nabers) and much better ways to earn ranking points via attacking your nabers since more advanced players usually keep better defenes, and that equals more challenge, more points and higher rankings score. Competition is what drives some people and makes them better, but it's your own call how you wanna take this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hint answered, just focusing on this bit:
If this keeps happening then there is no point in playing as there is no way I can catch up. :(

It's not a race. There's no need of 'catching up'. Just focus on your town and thrive. :)
I think this was actually one of the plusses of neighbourhood mergers: It wakes people up!

I bet you're going to be a bit more vigilant in collecting your resources now. ;)

- L

DeletedUser7363

hint answered, just focusing on this bit:

It's not a race. There's no need of 'catching up'. Just focus on your town and thrive. :)
I think this was actually one of the plusses of neighbourhood mergers: It wakes people up!

I bet you're going to be a bit more vigilant in collecting your resources now. ;)

- L

When I say there is a big difference between where I am and those attacking, I mean the difference means that whatever army I put out will always be defeated. Thus if anything is left to collect then it will definitely be taken. I am quite prepared for people to be stronger than me, but I at least expect to have some sort of chance. As a result of, what I assume was a merger, I have no chance of competing. Now my focus is on my own town - I don't particularly want to be attacked or indeed anybody else - however when my resources can be stolen so incredibly easily that has a severe impact.

I would very much like an option to play the game without attacking happening, so I cannot be attacked and I am unable to attack other plays

DeletedUser

When I say there is a big difference between where I am and those attacking, I mean the difference means that whatever army I put out will always be defeated. Thus if anything is left to collect then it will definitely be taken. I am quite prepared for people to be stronger than me, but I at least expect to have some sort of chance. As a result of, what I assume was a merger, I have no chance of competing.

Neighbourhoods need to be in a similar stage of development and progression in order to be merged. This means that (probably) the majority of your neighbourhood was already near the stage of development that your new aggressive neighbours are at too. That most of your neighbourhood didn't attack you before, doesn't necessarily mean that they couldn't have.

As for your resources to be stolen incredibly easy.. try to time it right to pick them up, I guess. :)

Now my focus is on my own town - I don't particularly want to be attacked or indeed anybody else - however when my resources can be stolen so incredibly easily that has a severe impact.

I would very much like an option to play the game without attacking happening, so I cannot be attacked and I am unable to attack other plays
I'm not sure if that could still be considered an interactive MMO.. there'd be trading (not even always).. but that'd be it.

- L

DeletedUser

its a good idea with the mergers, makes it more interesting as at one point all my neighbours were inactive...