• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
It is intended. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it. Events are tailored to the masses, not to the exceptions.

Many masses of FOE players are sitting on the sidelines or even selling this event rewards back to the antiques dealer. The halloween event has only 15 days left so not a good time to waste them imo.

All games and their events can be improved, is that not what the feedback thread is for?

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
As my map is well beyond my age paygrade i was reluctant to open a new province as i was getting dailies that required fighting to win sectors which when linked to evet prizes in Fall was a real issue luckily not in Halloween. I did give in and opened up provinces in IA cities as some toys had quests but after a struggle traded for the goods required or an odd diamond to complete and shut them down. The large army worked well with ballistas colour guard and 2 rogues as the auto opposition always kill rogues first giving extra ballistas. What i have found is the fog is now drying up prize wise, eating tools providing duplicate toys and not that 'last' toy you need :) have a level 6 house so far :)

Knight of ICE

Many masses of FOE players are sitting on the sidelines or even selling this event rewards back to the antiques dealer.

Good argument why there is no need to make it easier to get the daily specials.

All games and their events can be improved, is that not what the feedback thread is for?

Yes it is and feedback is giving a reaction in order to help better something. You are now turning feedback into an argument and in doing so you are burrying and diminishing your feedback.

Yes it is and feedback is giving a reaction in order to help better something. You are now turning feedback into an argument and in doing so you are burrying and diminishing your feedback.
I'm sorry you feel like that, it was not intended.
All I have done here is post my event experiences and tried to help, don't think i will bother again. :(

I know a newbie exception exit door when I see it, I will not be waiting until next year to play this event with any corrective strategy.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I can expect Inno to put up more defeatable large armies of my age and I need to win some provinces above my age before the scout option appears which could take a day or two.
It was probably not intended hence my feedback.

Those who have just moved up an age will have even less chance to defeat the large army of their new age. While most experienced posters have an easy solution, there will be others who can relate to how the event could be improved.
edit: This mainly affects the lower ages because players of higher ages have already accrued good +attack bonuses
If you're camping and you can't defeat armies of your current age, then obviously;
a) you just aged up and haven't even had a change to farm 1-2 weeks worth of GE units.
b) your 'camping' city is hyper inefficient at actually, well, "camping".

By it's very nature, "camping" means staying put and focusing on powering up one's city, including your military power, to the point that battles are completely trivial affaires.
(ie: at the very least, having Zeus + CoA + CdM @Lv11 as a base minimum)

Early ages especially, as long as you have 8+ Rogues, then you always have the 1 'real unit' + 7x rogues option to make even newly aged-up battles fairly easy.

kepp some scouted and some ready to be scounted
Yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing!
No, this is actually a hilariously awful idea!
Leaving open/unsolved provinces on your c-map simply means you'll screw yourself over on your Daily Challenges by now adding in "fight/negotiate X sectors" quests...
which will leave you in tears in events like Fall/Winter where the DC's will also offer event currency/items. (ie: extra ingredients during Fall event)

Knight of ICE

I'm sorry you feel like that, it was not intended.
All I have done here is post my event experiences and tried to help, don't think i will bother again. :(

It's not what I feel. It is what I see. Your feedback is appreciated. You have given it. It is feedback, so there is no reason for you to defend it. It is how you see it and there is nothing wrong with that.

In the end, someone will go through this thread, gather all feedback and forward it to the devs. Off topic comments and needless arguments do not really help with that process.

You have given it. It is feedback, so there is no reason for you to defend it. It is how you see it and there is nothing wrong with that.

In the end, someone will go through this thread, gather all feedback and forward it to the devs. Off topic comments and needless arguments do not really help with that process.
Always been a sucker for responding, Thanks for your understanding. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Wolf also gives you a wold that roams the city! actually that's the same for all three of them.
I'd still say wolf, its a great size for both army boosts.

Nice! Also most likely not unlucky, this events best rate is only the 10% pumpkins, as we have no choice over what we go for and often are relying on low % chances even when we do get a pumpkin, I'd say events like this makes it quite rare to get any daily special at all. Getting 8 is more then most may see over the entire event
I'm over half thru and only got 1 daily special and gave up on one I wanted then got one I could care less about. Daily specials are especially difficult to get...Inno again?? Also finding dolls...you were lucky. Found 1st four but last four are not being shown and dolls also are not showing up, even the easy ones.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
On average I expect to get +/- 10 daily specials per event. That means saving up the currency for a single day and spending it all at once if I want something specific (like a fully lvl’d Abandoned Asylum for example which needs 9 daily specials). Short of buying a lot of event currency, everyone will be waiting multiple days at some point during the event without getting a daily special. It’s upto the player to decide which days that is

Also tactics play a big part in that. While it’s possible for RNG to give a worse result it’s not going to happen every event. It’s far more likely to be the skill and choices of the player that influence the outcome (especially in a event like this)
I've burned up all my tickets and tools to get Sen. outpost when it came up but got nothing for the daily special. Gave up on next and just played for nothing special....got one daily...whoopee! but not one I wanted. Dailies are not given by Inno!!!! Then someone comes up and says they got a bunch....go figure.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Perhaps Daily Specials could be tweaked so that the more large tool packs you convert/buy, the %age chance to get a Daily increases slightly?

And as for the toy quests, imo the rewards are poor.
How about having each toy instead give fragments that, once you complete all 8, allow you to assemble a really useful Event item/building?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I've burned up all my tickets and tools to get Sen. outpost when it came up but got nothing for the daily special. Gave up on next and just played for nothing special....got one daily...whoopee! but not one I wanted. Dailies are not given by Inno!!!! Then someone comes up and says they got a bunch....go figure.
My 2nd city (only play on two), I saved up my tickets, and the day I got the 30th quest completed (awarded 1200 tickets) the Wishing Wells were the daily - and I got 8 of them - which was great, as I plan to start changing my 2nd city into a diamond farm

And as for the toy quests, imo the rewards are poor.
How about having each toy instead give fragments that, once you complete all 8, allow you to assemble a really useful Event item/building?
I would agree that the toy quest awards are very underwhelming, and the fragments is a good idea - gives extra incentive to do them more than once. My main city is waiting for the Asylum daily to come back (assuming there will be a 2nd chance, similiar to Beta offering) but on my 2nd city, I got the one toy that gave the graveyard fragments 5x, so I have the 15 fragments, though I really have no interest in the Graveyard - but I did the extra doll quests just so I could see if I could get the fragments needed to create the award.

pitesh

Private
the event is great like earlier ones only the rewarded building would have been more efficient in terms of Attack bonus or fps number.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
the event is great like earlier ones only the rewarded building would have been more efficient in terms of Attack bonus or fps number.
My thoughts too, at least initially. The rewards match the size and it should be well within reach for most to land a 2nd or even 3rd HoH. We have become a tad greedy with regard to rewards from EBs, expecting more with each issued. Get them while they're hot Peeps, it'll be ages until the next Event, lol.
The Wolf House is 'good' for early game, (EMA/HMA and up) as in its weakest iteration, it's still providing 0.58% atk + def per tile. However! The further into the game you go, it just gets better and better, until the near end/end game eras where it grows to over 1% per tile, which is top tier material. (only Yggy Tree + GB's gak on it by comparison.)
Daemon House is solid @6fp's, which puts it on the same level as a Lv2 SoK, but takes only a single polivate vs. the 3 needed to get equal output from Lv2 SoK's.

Do note that thus far, there has been NO! change in the upcoming Winter event buildings on beta, and in their current forms to put it bluntly, they royally suck!:P (seriously, it's beyond ugly how horriawful the next event's prizes are.)

So if it's a case of spending diamonds in only 1 event, then THIS is the event to spend those dias, as only the Clown HoH's is really lackluster, despite how gosh darn heinously adorable the little evil clown looks walking around one's city. :(
Myself, I'm aiming for a (Space)Wolf + Daemon houses, since those also happen to be my main 40k armies.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I found (and completed) the ordinary toys (in the first row) many times (3-7-7-3 times)
But none of the rare toys (in the second row) ever show up (except for the last one, the "psycho monkey", which appeared once)
So the chance to collect and complete all 8 toys is slim...

...Even though I made good preparation and rushed all main quests on Day 1 (and got 5 asylum selection kits (and need still more (obviously))).

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I found (and completed) the ordinary toys (in the first row) many times (3-7-7-3 times)
But none of the rare toys (in the second row) ever show up (except for the last one, the "psycho monkey", which appeared once)
So the chance to collect and complete all 8 toys is slim...

...Even though I made good preparation and rushed all main quests on Day 1 (and got 5 asylum selection kits (and need still more (obviously))).
That is why I did not rush, and will wait for the 2nd appearance of the kits, because then I will have stocked up a lot more tickets, so if I get 9 kits - great, then I can see what else I might want to try to get before the end of the event. So, right now (and I did spend a few already), I have 2365, with another 100 each day (daily plus the day event). Looking forward to the chance of being able to create a full building - if not, then leave in inventory until I have it. Heck, just two days ago I got the 7th and final needed September Cottage kit (via AD), so have it built now.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
That is why I did not rush, and will wait for the 2nd appearance of the kits, because then I will have stocked up a lot more tickets, so if I get 9 kits - great, then I can see what else I might want to try to get before the end of the event. So, right now (and I did spend a few already), I have 2365, with another 100 each day (daily plus the day event). Looking forward to the chance of being able to create a full building - if not, then leave in inventory until I have it. Heck, just two days ago I got the 7th and final needed September Cottage kit (via AD), so have it built now.

My post that you replied to, is incoherent.
Therefore I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Unless...

Unless there is a correlation between rushing and distribution of the 8 toy side quests?
Asylum kits are the daily special on Day 1. So there is nothing wrong about rushing the main quests in respect of that kit, which an early feedback in this thread says is very good because quote "1 Asylum is worth 4 trains").

I'm just complaining that I got 3/7/7/8 (completed 3/7/7/3) ordinary toys (in row #1) and got nearly none rare toys (0/0/0/1 to be accurate, in row #2)
The distribution is too uneven, obscuring my hope to collect all toys.

I hope when (if?) the Asylum Kit appears again as daily special, I can collect both enough number (9 for full upgrade) of that kit, and all 8 toys, too.

Last edited: